Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Hi ladies,

I think I might have gotten my bfp, first cycle on soy after 13 months! I have put pics in the test forum as I'm not too sure. The line is really faint. Oh I really hope that this is it [-o<

Wifey29: I really hope you'll get that BFP! Yay! :dance:

FX for you Wifey!

I just wanted to say I also felt ovulation pains for the first time this cycle, and it's my first taking soy. Usually I get a few twinges around ov but this was super noticable. AND I ovulated on CD22 which is early for me, considering! :)

I'm now in the 2ww, FX it's a BFP, but not too optimistic as I just got diagnosed with PCOS. . :dust:

Allie: I hope you will get that BFP! [-o< I was also diagnosed with PCOS last year right after chemical m/c... Good luck, Allie! :)

Thank you girls! :hugs:

I wanted to ask...since soy works like Clomid, does it also increase your progesterone in the luteal phase?

Right girls I have just bought some SI from Holland and Barrets. The capsuals them selves say they are 750mg but am I right in thinking there is actually only 23mg of IS in each capsual??? So i will need to take 4-5 tabs tonight?? Please help :wacko:

We are currently waiting to be referred for IVF and praying SI may be our miracle.

Good luck to everyone and I am very sorry to here about your loses girls :hugs:

Right girls I have just bought some SI from Holland and Barrets. The capsuals them selves say they are 750mg but am I right in thinking there is actually only 23mg of IS in each capsual??? So i will need to take 4-5 tabs tonight?? Please help :wacko:

We are currently waiting to be referred for IVF and praying SI may be our miracle.

Good luck to everyone and I am very sorry to here about your loses girls :hugs:

Yep, thats right, the H&B barratt ones have 23mg soy in them, so you'll need to multiply that by the dosage you want to take. Mine are 40mg, so Ive taken 3 days of 120mg, and 2 days of 160mg. Hope that helps. x

Thats a great help thanks. Not 100% decided yet on the dosage. Is 120mg cd2-6 to high for a first timer???

Im a first timer, and from what I gather its about average. I think its a trial and error thing. Im taking them cd 3-7, which is apparently the best day to start on. The earlier you start, the more eggs it produces, but they are very imature, the later you take them (say 5-9) it will produce one really good egg. 3-7 is considered the best middle ground (from what I can gather! Good Luck! x

well my first go didn't seem to work

will give it another go soon

Hey ladies - we've been ttc since Feb (part of it was "not trying but also not preventing" but we are def out of that phase). I've been reading tons of the messages on this site but this is the first time for me to post

I went to the doc several weeks ago and all tests came back good except progesterone - she said I didnt ovulate. I'm hoping it's just a fluke thing because I did go see her a few days after getting back from a 30 something hour roadtrip where climates changed, I had globs of coffee, and didn't sleep for 40 something hours - all those things can influence o'ing and I hope thats what did. She wanted me to start on clomid but I decided to try soy first. Along with cutting out all caffeine (none for about 4 weeks), drinking more water, and consuming more vitamins, I also took 160mg of soy cd 3-7.

It's now cd 8 and I can actually already notice changes - I check cm daily and this morning it was already slightly stretchy and thick whereas it was just clear and wet like water the last 2 days. I also noticed an unusual spike in my libido .... I've actually wanted to bd more than just the standard every other day they recommend ttcers. I want to have it like twice a day! Lol . I tried feeling for the opening in my cervix but have had no luck with that - it just seems round, wet, and slightly soft / firm .. less firm than my nose but more firm than my lips - and low I think because I don't have to go far to find it. Oh ... and my right boob is achy today for some reason

This past year, I've kept track of my cycles but never actually examined cm like I am now. They've always been longer cycles and kind of all over the scale but always under 39 days (except one REALLY long one but that was at a VEry stressful time). I've always been a coffee junkie but stopped it cold turkey 4weeks ago when I read it could mess up o'ing. I know that soy can make you o earlier but, if I really already have a bit of stretchy thick cm on cd 8, could my body really be preparing for an o??

If so, I am so crazily excited - my sister is pregnant, my sister in law is pregnant, and so is 12 other women I know - I'm ready for my own 9 months of creating to start!

Hey ladies - we've been ttc since Feb (part of it was "not trying but also not preventing" but we are def out of that phase). I've been reading tons of the messages on this site but this is the first time for me to post

I went to the doc several weeks ago and all tests came back good except progesterone - she said I didnt ovulate. I'm hoping it's just a fluke thing because I did go see her a few days after getting back from a 30 something hour roadtrip where climates changed, I had globs of coffee, and didn't sleep for 40 something hours - all those things can influence o'ing and I hope thats what did. She wanted me to start on clomid but I decided to try soy first. Along with cutting out all caffeine (none for about 4 weeks), drinking more water, and consuming more vitamins, I also took 160mg of soy cd 3-7.

It's now cd 8 and I can actually already notice changes - I check cm daily and this morning it was already slightly stretchy and thick whereas it was just clear and wet like water the last 2 days. I also noticed an unusual spike in my libido .... I've actually wanted to bd more than just the standard every other day they recommend ttcers. I want to have it like twice a day! Lol . I tried feeling for the opening in my cervix but have had no luck with that - it just seems round, wet, and slightly soft / firm .. less firm than my nose but more firm than my lips - and low I think because I don't have to go far to find it. Oh ... and my right boob is achy today for some reason

This past year, I've kept track of my cycles but never actually examined cm like I am now. They've always been longer cycles and kind of all over the scale but always under 39 days (except one REALLY long one but that was at a VEry stressful time). I've always been a coffee junkie but stopped it cold turkey 4weeks ago when I read it could mess up o'ing. I know that soy can make you o earlier but, if I really already have a bit of stretchy thick cm on cd 8, could my body really be preparing for an o??

If so, I am so crazily excited - my sister is pregnant, my sister in law is pregnant, and so is 12 other women I know - I'm ready for my own 9 months of creating to start!

Hi hun.

Im on cd7 now, so Im hoping for my cm to change in the next few days, the more EW it gets, the closer to O you are. Mine has been the same as you described...just very watery. Do you use OPK's or anything? That should tell you if you O or not this month, so you will know if it was just a one off (hopefully!) or something you need to go back to your doctor about.

Well done for kicking the coffee. My vice is an odd glass of wine. I know should nip that in the bud, but there is a fine line between looking after your body, and putting your life on hold indefinitely, so I think I'll be ok.

My OH's sister is due to give birth tomorrow, so where as I am excited about that, we desperately want our own. FX this is our month! x

well my first go didn't seem to work

will give it another go soon

Im so sorry it didn't work hun. Its tough when you see all the great reviews of something, get your hopes up, then it doesn't work. Ive just done the same with pre seed last month, and now my new 'trend' for this month is soy, so we will see.

Keep your chin up hun, and try again. PMA goes a long way in this ttc business! x:hugs:

i'm SO taking soy if i don't get that bfp this month. I just think it'll do wonders for me.

loo, yes, I do use opks but I havn't started yet this cycle, mostly because I was pretty sure o wouldn't come until much later, if at all. So far, it is mostly just wet but, when rubbing the cervix directly, there is def. some stretchy thick cm .... so I guess I'll start opks tomorrow morning to make sure I stay ahead of the game. I got a nasty headache today ... in addition to a heightened libido ... lol. Tonight, I feel like saying "Ok, let's do some baby dancing but make it quick cause my head is pounding ...I just want you for your sperm" ... haha ...

Thanks for the coffee compliment ... it def. wasn't easy. Technically I read that you could drink up to 300mg a day and still be fine but there is 234mg in one brewed cup of coffee and I knew that, if I had one, I'd surely go back for more. So, I cut it out completly. It took a week of very severe withdraw symptoms but now its gone. I'll still probably get an occasional white choclate mocha from starbucks or something but don't drink coffee like before. I'm bad about alcohol too .... I LOVE wine and long island ice teas (or anything with vodka in it). Fortunatly, my alcohol consumption, despite my love for it, is very rare. I don't hold the alcohol very well and don't like to get drunk so that usually means like 1 glass of wine or something ... and may happen once a month (if that). And, now that the addiction is over, I can't say that not drinking coffee terribly changed my life - there are def. more varieties of teas, cider, cocoas and things I've replaced it with :)

thanks so much for posting a response! I joined another forum like weeks ago but nobody would ever say anything ... I responded to like 8 messages only then realizing that they were over a year old ... I'm glad I found this site because I feel a bit more confident about the 'community' atmosphere!

Thank you girls! :hugs:

I wanted to ask...since soy works like Clomid, does it also increase your progesterone in the luteal phase?

^^^Does anyone know? :shrug:

Tinks, I think 120 mg is about right the first time, it's what I took and I ov'ed sooner than normal.

Sorry it didn't work for you, butterfly.

CFarley, welcome to the site, and good luck. The ladies on here are generally super helpful and wonderful!

Good luck to everyone.

Allie,
I'm not 100% on this, but I did read that with Soy improving the quality of the egg you produce it can also have a positive effect on the quality of the corpus luteam (sp?) which could in turn mean that progesterone is produced by it post-ovulation.

Does that help answer the question? IDK if it does that in all cases but I have heard of people taking soy to try and increase their LP.

Alert! Lol
soy moved my ovulation up 10 days
I ovulate normally cd 23-26
and tonight got my positive opk at cd 14
it's unbelievable!!!!!

Even if I don't get my bfp this month. I am thankful to
have a fair shot!! :)

Aww congrats on having your 'ovulation' moved up.. mines moved as well.. and it's a blessing not to have to wait so long to ovulate

i still had to wait until cd19 to ovulate but was getting lots of cramps early on and had so much ewcm on ov day that it seems to hvae improved things so fingers crossed it improved on my eggs lol i dont think i have a progesterone problem but if soy helps increase that too then its all good

dpo 3 today, feels like time is going so slowly! need a distraction!

i still had to wait until cd19 to ovulate but was getting lots of cramps early on and had so much ewcm on ov day that it seems to hvae improved things so fingers crossed it improved on my eggs lol i dont think i have a progesterone problem but if soy helps increase that too then its all good

dpo 3 today, feels like time is going so slowly! need a distraction!

Same as me with the ewcm & cramps i usually ov cd14-16 but ive been a few days later with the Soy just waiting for ff in my chart to confirm ov day x

Girls, don't give up hope on Soy Iso. I still have faith that Soy Iso can help me get that BFP someday. I'm definitely going to take Soy Iso again next cycle if AF arrived (I missed out on Soy last month due to flu medication).
Allie84: Thanks for the question. :) I've been wondering about that too. SammieGrace: Your input is great. Thanks! :thumbup: Feelcrazy: Good luck! Hope you'll get that BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->