Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

thanks girl, yeah, well DH and i are both military so we only get to try certain months anyway. when we're together. so far got to try Dec 09, Feb 10, and next is June 10. gives me a lot of off months to try out new things! i think you need 10 post to do all that.

My cousin and his wife are that way. He was in the Navy and she was in the Coast Guard... when he was gone, she was home.. when he was home, she was gone.... they only had little time together. She found out she was pregnant while out to sea.. and was sent home. Funny thing is that she's the one who is going full time military, still in and he actually quit after his last term and is a stay at home dad! lol I believe he is pursuing something else now..going back to college. But, I was pretty surprised when he dicided to do that!

hi ladies im sooo concidering taking this as i dont think im ovulating.. can you get this at health food stores?? and is anyone with pcos taking it?? i keep usiing google to read up things and im so confused as to wether i sud take it or not :wacko:

hi ladies im sooo concidering taking this as i dont think im ovulating.. can you get this at health food stores?? and is anyone with pcos taking it?? i keep usiing google to read up things and im so confused as to wether i sud take it or not :wacko:

You can get it at healthfood stores.. but you can also get it at pretty much any place that sells vitamins.. I bought mine at Walmart for $6.

wow.. thats great and i know i sound so stupid.. but how does it work i cant find one good link online which explains.. and what days am i meant to take them on??

im still waiting for af to show :(

wow.. thats great and i know i sound so stupid.. but how does it work i cant find one good link online which explains.. and what days am i meant to take them on??

im still waiting for af to show :(

It's suppose to work like Clomid. You take it for 5 days.. most people take it days 3 to 7, others 1 to 5 or 5 to 9. It is suppose to help you ovulate like clomid does.

ok thanks.. does it still work if you have irregular af.. i suppose if it makes you ovulate af wont be irregular

ok thanks.. does it still work if you have irregular af.. i suppose if it makes you ovulate af wont be irregular

right.. if it works.. It should make you ovulate between 5 and 10 days after your last pill.. so it would help regulate your cycle as well. I started using OPK's about 3 days after.

ok thanks sooooo much for your help.. i really hope it works im def going to get some 2mor.. but i need af to show b4 i can take it?? im on cd 58 now :grr: i need something to make af show lol

also so sorry for all the questions but how much do i take a day?

It is for irregular people. Not for those lucky enough to have regular cycles:winkwink:

I'm taking 120mg/night CD3-7. I'm on CD6, and feel fine. Perhaps more sleepy than usual, but don't know if it is because of Soy.

My cycles range from 26 - 54 days, I ov around CD30 - 40.

Taking Soy on CD5-9 would give you stronger eggs, so I would've preferred that, but I started spotting 2 days before AF with temp drop to match, so I wasn't sure whether CD1 is CD3 or not. Thus Soy CD3-7 for me:flower:

Hope Soy works!:happydance:

also so sorry for all the questions but how much do i take a day?

Yes you need to wait for AF to show.. I haven't tried it personally, so you might want to research a little farther, but I believe a lot of women use Vitex which you can also find anywhere that has vitamins for the most part. They use it to help bring on the period.. kinda like provera. But I think most people take it longer than you take provera.. I'm not real sure.

I also take 120 mg a day for the 5 days at night before bed. The pills I have are 40mg.. so I take 3 a night. They say you need to take double what you would on clomid.. so if a doctor would put you on 50mg clomid.. you would need to take 100 mg of soy. Of course that's hard with 40mg pills.. so I just do 120.. plus that's what I hear many others doing.

Don't worry about the questions, feel free to ask away!! :)

I just wanted to pop back here and just add to lots of ladies with regular cycles that I had a regular cycle and did ovulate on my own and ttc for 19 months until I took soy. However I did have a short luteal phase of 9 days which soy made to 11 days so if your struggling to get pg with regular cycle I suggest temping and see if your luteal phase is short because soy certainly helps with that!

Good luck everyone x

hey jo jo - thanks! i have a 14 day LP, usually ovulated CD16/17 so a 30/31 day cycle. i took the soy for the increased egg quality, and i feel it did that with all the cramps and twinges and everything i got and it did not mess with my O date at all. glad to hear it has it's up for regular cycle gals as well.

i feel so excited now about my next cycle! im starting the angus castus today to start af.. i did it b4 when i had a 100 day cycle hopefully it works soon

What is the angus cactus?
It is supposed to regulate your cycle:winkwink:

Is it used like provera?
It's a tablet https://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agnus Castus (Vitex or Chaste tree berry)

This is the herb of choice for helping to restore hormone imbalance and increasing fertility. In one study 48 women diagnosed with infertility took agnus castus daily for three months, 7 of them became pregnant during that time and 25 of them regained normal progesterone levels.

Agnus castus is particularly helpful for those women who have a luteal phase defect (shortened second half to the cycle) or those with high prolactin levels, because it stimulates the proper functioning of the pituitary gland which controls the hormones.

Agnus castus works to restore hormonal balance and can be used where there are hormone deficits as well as excesses it:

* Regulates periods
* Restarts periods which have stopped
* Helps with heavy bleeding
* Increases the ratio of progesterone to oestrogen by balancing excess oestrogen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I seem to remember reading somewhere that you should not take this if you are pregnant, so stop near ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->