Soy Isoflavones??

Hi Powell, sorry to hear of your MC :hugs: were you very far along? I had a mc at 5 weeks in May - it was devastating.
Your TTC protocol sounds really good. I am also taking lots of supplements (very large list of them actually) but mine are mostly to improve egg quality and implantation. The soy has definitely done some good as I always ovulate late on clomid and it made my cycles 33 days compared to a very regular 29 day cycle so it looks like soy will keep me to my regular 29 days or even 28. I had 5 follicles on one side and 3 on the other when I had my cd11 ultrasound so I am hoping a few of them grew enough by today to be mature. I either ovulated last night or I will today. I figure my temp will rise in the morning. Hopefully the soy will work well for you too and maybe even shorten your cycle.
Good luck and :dust: to you!

Hi Mas1118. I was about 5 weeks as well. Super upsetting, I couldn't imagine being farther along! :(

I hope what I'm doing works, we've been wanting this baby for so long!

Hi Mas1118. I was about 5 weeks as well. Super upsetting, I couldn't imagine being farther along! :(

I hope what I'm doing works, we've been wanting this baby for so long!

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in June 2008. It can be so painful and upsetting. I'm glad you're able to jump right back in! It's great that you have a good plan and are so optimistic. Good luck and keep us posted on how soy works for you! :)

Thank you KerrBear! We've been looking at the positive side of the MC, that I CAN get pregnant, I was afraid I couldn't! I ordered some cheapie OPKs and HPTs in preparation for this cycle along with the other stuff I am doing, I still have to run out to the store to get some more baby aspirin and royal jelly. Can't at the moment tho, as the husband is having to work on both cars, because both decided to mess up at the same time, of course! Oh and on top of that, our dog has to have surgery ASAP because he has a bone stuck in his stomach (cuz DH doesn't like to listen to me & fed him pork chop bones). Surgery is estimated at $1,042.17! I think I'm going to take him to a different vet for a second opinion tho because the first vet wont work out payments and wants full payment within 24 hrs!

Oh, does anyone know if the soy that I got with cranberry will work the same? Me and the lady and GNC opted for that one because it's stronger and the cranberry wont hurt. But I also didn't tell her why I was getting it either lol I figure you ladies would probably know better than her anyways ;)

The cranberry won't affect anything so that should be fine. What you need to be careful about is if it is soy isoflavones concentrate. I had looked at GNC and their GNC Natural Brand soy isoflavones concentrate actually only has 34mg of isoflavones per 2 capsules! To get the 100mg you would have to take 6 capsules. I bought the Spring Valley soy isoflavones from amazon.com and they are 40mg per tablet.

Crap. You are right. It's concentrate. 34 mg. Okay so I decided to take them CD3-7. I took 1 pill (apparently 34 mg) CD3&4. What would be your advice for the rest of the days?

Crap. You are right. It's concentrate. 34 mg. Okay so I decided to take them CD3-7. I took 1 pill (apparently 34 mg) CD3&4. What would be your advice for the rest of the days?

I would probably take either 4 pills the rest of the days or 4 CD5, then 5 or 6 the last 2 days.

Like kerrbear said - you will have to up it quite a bit but it might be ok still - a lot of women take the soy in a rising type of dosage to mimic estrogen rising.

I think I am Oing right now! I feel a lot of dull achey cramps on my left side and in my back and I had some right side pain earlier so maybe both sides are gonna go.

The regular GNC brand were 50 milligrams so I'm gonna guess those are the ones I'd have to take 2 of for 34 mg? Since mine say 100 mg but are really 34 mg?

So what if I take 4 tonight, 5 CD6 and 6 CD7? That would make it

CD3- 34 mg
CD4- 34 mg
CD5- 136 mg
CD6- 170 mg
CD7- 204 mg

That should be fine as long as the concentration is 34% which would be 34mg.

Yea that's what it is. I wish I would have looked at the % on the back of the bottle before I bought them. But if I would have bought the other bottle, I would have had to take twice as many! lol I took 4 just a little bit ago and also started on Geritol. Tastes like ass (excuse me lol) but they say there's a baby in every bottle! I just have to grab some folic acid now lol gah I feel like I take so much stuff trying to get this rainbow baby! :(

Yeah. I haven't tried Geritol. I just take a regular prenatal. I suck at taking pills because I always forget. I take a liquid prenatal and even forget that.

I used to be bad at it, then I started putting my toothpaste in the medicine cabinet so I see all the pills every morning :)

Haha! That's a good idea! I might have to try that. The only problem with my vitamins is that they need to be refrigerated.

Do you drink coffee in the mornings? Mayb try putting them by your milk/creamer?

Morning girls :coffee:
It was twinge city in my ovaries last night - I'm hoping they're producing strong healthy eggos!

Kerr - no O yet?!

Morning girls :coffee:
It was twinge city in my ovaries last night - I'm hoping they're producing strong healthy eggos!

Kerr - no O yet?!

Nothing yet. I had some pretty good twinges and pains yesterday along with some mild cramping. I had EWCMfor 2 days so far and my ovacue monitor populated my fertile window as being through today/tomorrow. I hope that I ovulate today. I'll have to see what my ovacue readings and temps are the next few days. :) If I do ovulate today it would be much sooner than last cycle. However, last cycle I did get some EWCM for like a week, didn't ovulate, then ovulated later. So that might be happening again. We were BDing quite a bit this weekend just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->