Spearmint Cysters for Science! | 20 ladies so far!

thank you GingerPanda! and a massive congratulations to you! I'll have a big dose of whatever you were having haha! eek how exciting! :haha::coffee: x

Haha, thanks! I was having 3-6 cups of spearmint tea, 100mcg of levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, and 10,000iu of Vitamin D3 everyday! That's really it. :)

Hopefully soon you'll get to join me! Maybe we'll all have to make a Spearmint Babies thread.

I like the sound of the baby thread gingerpanda lol

So impatient this month but got a long way to go, stupid long cycles
And I have a feeling I'm not going to ovulate this month

Ahhhh spearmint babies thread would be awesome.

Fingers crossed it will shorten your cycles Penguin. My first full month on it I ovulated on cycle day fifteen for the first time ever. Normally I'm cd 20-30!

I'm loving the loose tea. Bought a glass teapot and it all looks SO pretty

I think the loose leaf tastes better. What do you think, Laura? Your teapot does sound super pretty! I'm afraid of having a glass one, as if you heat them up too quickly, they will shatter. My current one is black ceramic. My old one was stainless, but had a copper bottom. The copper corroded and made my water taste all icky!

I'm actually looking at electric kettles on Amazon. I'd really like to be able to keep it at my desk and just pour myself fresh tea without having to get up. Lazy perfection!

https://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/chips.gif

hey guys! thought I'd update you all! I got some lose leaf spearmint yesterday and had two cups. nothing bad to report at all it was actually quite nice. so what I'm going to do is drink two cups of that (at least) a day, and then I also got some twinings spearmint and camomile tea bags which are very nice and 35% spearmint too, to drink at my leisure and up my spearmint intake haha! This is one PCOS fad I'm actually enjoying! :)

Woohoo! It's so good, isn't it? I was also in shock that something that I liked was GOOD for me for once! :haha:

I'll get you added to the first page!

i know its awesome normally anything i like contains like 2000 calories per serving or something :haha: definitely new to me! eek thank you!xx

Try to limit the chamomile to one a day hun. It's not the best for TTC/pregnancy. Obviously you would have to drink a lot of it for it to have a negative effect, but it's something to be aware of.
https://fertilekitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/fertility-diet-why-no-chamomile-tea.html

GP I have an electric kettle and pour the boiling water into the glass teapot, so I don't actually heat the teapot on its own at all :)

https://i59.tinypic.com/21kkoqe.jpg

Thanks Laura, I went away for the weekend last week and missed a couple days out so haven't really been on it all cycle, for last few days I been drinking 2 cups a day as I did just start with 1 cup but I do enjoy it, I use the teabags as just easier for me :)

Just been using opks this month and cd9 it looked on it way to postive which would been way early but then cd11 was really faint couldn't see it and now today cd15 it looks like it's going positive but not quite there yet so I'm confused this is why I hate opks

Fingers crossed it'll go + soon. Mine was teasing last cycle from cd11 until cd14 when it finally went positive and I confirmed I ovulated in cd15 a few days later with temps.

I finally got around to trying the tea lol
I have some bagged ones, caffeine free, organic but it is a spearmint and peppermint mix. I'm not too fond of but I may just need to make smaller cups and go get some more honey from our local honey guy lol I'm almost out :'(
I need to find more time in the day to drink the tea. It seems like I am hardly ever home. any suggestions?
Does it taste good cold?
And is there anything else that would taste good to mix in?
I was tempted to try a little milk in it xD but I don't think it would turn out too good......

Thanks for your advice it has reassured me, think after this month just not going to bother with opks and try NTNP as hoping that will make me less stressed and worried about everything, only got 1 left so might stop after I used that one
I was going to do it this month but started using opks as they were in the house

laura- I may have to try it cold then :3 hot is fine, but I have always preferred cold drinks over hot.

penguin- I understand the temptation to use the opk's! I technically am not supposed to ttc for at least one cycle, but part of me is VERY tempted to pull out the opk's and see if I get a surge..

babttc123 - It's hard as I keep saying i won't stress this cycle and just relax but it never works
Next cycle I am defiantly going to try NTNP as I did it for a good few months in the past, I was less stressed and was less disappointed when af came as I wasn't trying to make everything out to be a pregnancy symptom

Wish TTC was easier but will be worth it in the end

Finally was prescribed clomid this morning, so will be starting that next cycle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->