Sperm Meets Egg Plan - Anyone joining me?

Hey Lanet- great news about the opk, like steph says don't worry about yesterday just get dtd now :) good luck.

All now preg smep'ers- what do you think about me starting a smep success thread in first tri so we can continue chatting together? I sometimes think it's not too fair on all the ladies still trying if we waffle on too much :) what you think?

I think you should start one so I can join soon hopefully!!!!- however I enjoy the waffling as it reminds us that Smep does work and I would miss you all so much if you left for another thread! So in conclusion I think we should have both - sorry for extra work certain but us still trying need your positivity and good advice here too and we dont want to lose it!

A spring baby steph and Smiley with all the cute little lambs in the field.... Ah I am sentimental today!:blush:

Hey Lanet- great news about the opk, like steph says don't worry about yesterday just get dtd now :) good luck.

All now preg smep'ers- what do you think about me starting a smep success thread in first tri so we can continue chatting together? I sometimes think it's not too fair on all the ladies still trying if we waffle on too much :) what you think?

I think you should start one so I can join soon hopefully!!!!- however I enjoy the waffling as it reminds us that Smep does work and I would miss you all so much if you left for another thread! So in conclusion I think we should have both - sorry for extra work certain but us still trying need your positivity and good advice here too and we dont want to lose it!

A spring baby steph and Smiley with all the cute little lambs in the field.... Ah I am sentimental today!:blush:

Ah :hugs: you're sweet!! I know I only just got my bfp but before I had it it was nice to see preg smeppers still around so I know that feeling, but am conscious that not everyone ttc wants to come here an listen to preg stuff - ill most def keep checking in here though, can't wait for all you girls to get your bfp's!!

x x x x

so just hecking in with you fabulous ladies!!hope everyone is coming along great and doing lots of bding!! and ofcoarse to the ladies who got their bfps!I hope you all are doing good :hugs:

as for me....got my smiley on 8/8 which was cd12 this time instead of cd14 like the previous cycles...so my ticker is wrong!! :haha:

Im assuming Im about 4-5 dpo now...some say to count the day after the smiley as ovulation day...so that would make sense,I think....
the 2ww is so boring! no symptoms,its too early...so Im trying to stay busy with work and adding baby items to my many wishlists online :blush:

anyone else about the same time as me??

fxed we get our bfps!!

Hey hun - I am on dame schedule as you. Hot my smiley and peak on cbfm on8/8 too so assuming ovulated on 9th which puts me around 4 dpo af should be due if back to normal on either mon 22nd or tues 23rd. I bedded night of smiley and following day so hoping i caught the egg - i have not followed smep fully this month as trying to be more relaxed Am def not going to test before af- having said that I most prob will before I go on holiday or I won't - oh hell who knows what I will do! What about you?

yay!!someone on the same boat as me :hugs: Im a poas addict so I will probably start testing before af is due :blush: sounds like you bded on the best days,so I wouldnt worry! we missed 1 day because I was exhausted from working,but we ended up bding 2 more times just incase...its alot of bding,so its no wonder alot of us miss a day or two :winkwink: I think as long as we have the days around and on ovulation day,we all should be fine...
we also used conceive plus for the first time this cycle because I have little to no ewcm....so hope that helped!!
keep me posted on any symptoms,Im a crazy symptom spotter but havent had anything as of recent...
enjoy your holiday!! try to relax,I know easier said than done!!

fxed we get our bfps!!! :dust:

Might have to live my poas addiction through you... still undecided what to do. Might test after af on holiday and BFN at least I can go down my sorrows in copious amounts of alcohol! I wouldn't worry you missed a day you still would have had some:spermy: waiting for the egg and it is better that way than the other as egg is the one with the shorter lifespan! I also used conceive plus but only the once during ovulation as i forgot the following night! Try to relax too and keep me posted on your poas. i am trying not to symptom spot - nipples are a bit sore but not as bad as they have been in other months when af arrived. Also have a couple of spots which normally come nearer to af but this could be due to lack of sleep and stupidly late nights as is the summer hols. keep me posted hunxxx FX for us would be lovely for us to be able to join the smep bump buddies crew!:hugs:

Im trying my best not to poas now,I believe this time around may be a bit easier to avoid due to working such early hours lately...I am out of the door by 5:45am,and too exhausted to do anything by the time I get home...but then again,an ic hpt could make its way into my purse :haha: a drink sounds wonderful,I may have to join if I dont get my bfp....
I have actually been looking for symptoms,but I have none at all...not even a sneeze to over analyze :haha: atleast you have some symptoms!! and you never know,it may be a good sign!!
I hope we both get our bfps and can join the fab ladies who will now be known as the smep buddies crew as you said :happydance:
I still have hope and faith!! and wont be giving up anytime soon...
fxed we get ours bfps!! and I will keep you posted on my poas addiction and any symptoms that I have or make up in my head because Im just plain crazy :blush:

I agree with hopingitwill- having all you bfp'ers On this thread gives us all hope that smep works so please don't forget about us.

I'm out again this month - on cd 21 and :witch: is imminent. Had cramps yesterday and today and a pinky tinge when I wipe(sorry tmi). So I'm sat here with a bottle of coke and trying to look forward to next month. We have our first fs appt on 25th - not long to wait now.

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get smiley opks is? I don't think the cheapy tests are right for me!

I don't know where you are but I got a 20 pk at walmar for $37. Pricey, but so worth to see that smiley and know for sure!

mrs stru- im afraid im not too sure where is best as i got mine with my study, but I know ebay is supposed to be good or how about preloved?

Babyfever - ooo so strong, you should def test :)

Hoping - I can understand about not testing on holiday - i got my bfp the day we returned and had really enjoyed all the naughty things before. I did get 2 bfns on holiday but as they were 8/9dpo i wasn't too worried.

Glad the thread idea went down well - dont worry I wont disappear from this thread though, I will still add the names and come and say hello etc :) Here is the link to the new buddy thread for the preg ladies

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-buddies/703277-smep-success-buddies.html#post12245479

Hope to see all you there soon :)

mrs stru- im afraid im not too sure where is best as i got mine with my study, but I know ebay is supposed to be good or how about preloved?

Hoping - I can understand about not testing on holiday - i got my bfp the day we returned and had really enjoyed all the naughty things before. I did get 2 bfns on holiday but as they were 8/9dpo i wasn't too worried.

Glad the thread idea went down well - dont worry I wont disappear from this thread though, I will still add the names and come and say hello etc :) Here is the link to the new buddy thread for the preg ladies

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-buddies/703277-smep-success-buddies.html#post12245479

lol@you should def test! :haha: peer pressure!!! hahaha I know its still much to early,and will just get a bfn :( it is rather tempting though! :blush:

I agree with hopingitwill- having all you bfp'ers On this thread gives us all hope that smep works so please don't forget about us.

I'm out again this month - on cd 21 and :witch: is imminent. Had cramps yesterday and today and a pinky tinge when I wipe(sorry tmi). So I'm sat here with a bottle of coke and trying to look forward to next month. We have our first fs appt on 25th - not long to wait now.

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get smiley opks is? I don't think the cheapy tests are right for me!

I got mine of Amazon, they do a pack of 20 for about £20 which was the cheapest I found! :D

Thanks for dong this :hugs: - You are the best thread setter upper :D

x x x x

Sadly, the witch got me this morning at 18dpo according to FF but I think I was only 10dpo based on cervix position.

So my new plan - I'm not temping anymore. I'm not continuing soy (it - or something - pushed my ovulation back from CD15/16 to CD24 and my LP from 14 days to 10! Plus my temps were all over the place pre-ovulation when they aren't usually). I'm not even going to track which days we BD or my CM. I'm completely addicted to BnB so I don't think I'll be able to give it up but I'm going to cut back and focus on something other than making a baby. I return to school for my teaching credential in just under two weeks and that's going to keep me crazy busy on top of it getting busier at work. I got my final test results from the "pre-conception" appointment back today though without speaking to the doctor I don't know what any of it means. Hopefully she'll call this week so we can discuss it though. She said if anything was abnormal she'd start me on Clomid right away, otherwise we have to keep trying for 3 months and take an infertility class. I also had a second blood test confirm that my Rubella titers are too low so we're going to have to take a three month break from TTC. Since OH is already a teacher, we're hoping for a summer vacation baby so we can both be home and are going to keep trying for now. In November/December we'll take a 3 month break for the vaccine and then continue trying after that. Not sure if the doctor is going to prescribe the clomid or not and unsure if I'll take it either way...kinda wanting to go all natural for a while. I'm not going to strictly follow SMEP but I like the every other day bit as it keeps me from getting too sore and OH would jump me several times a day of he could!! (4x yesterday!!)

Anyway, that's what's going on in my little world. Hope everyone is doing well.

Is there now way it could be implantation or are yourcycles always this short. Yours are ending just as I start ovulating!!! I got cheap amulets from amazon think about £11. You can also bid or buy now on eBay but compare the two! X

Hey ladies, I jumped in a few pgs ago and said I would like to try this plan out. I have been between ttc and ntnp for about 9 months now. DH, and I are getting frustrated. We have a 2 1/2 yr old who happened surprisingly fast NTNP. At the time, I knew nothing about getting pregnant. I do not temp, or have never used opk's. My question is, on smep I see you need 10 opk's and start bding and using opk's on cd8, right? If so, how come when other people not doing smep use opk's twice daily? Is anyone on this tread following the plan exactly, or are you ladies using opk's 2 times a day?? I may come back with more questions on these things, such as when to test etc.

I used them twice a day because i was scared I would miss it. I've always had a surge in the am though.

Thanks. Another stupid q. If you have a surge in the am, does that means it's best to bd in the am? I have no idea, when have just been fumbling through the last 9 months, and I'm getting impatient!

I'm getting impatient as well, and it's been 8 months for us. I'm not sure on the time of day. I got the surge this morning and we did bd then too, but only because it's the weekend:) Im using the digital opks this month and highly recommend them. I've had trouble in the past distinguishing if my lines were dark enough, but there was no denying a smiley face! I'm going to test until it goes away, but I'm also temping this month, so I should be able to pinpoint ovulation. Good luck!

You should ovulate within 12-36 hours after you get your positive opk. I don't think it matters what time you bd when following SMEP

Thanks all, I will have a look round and get some ordered ready.

Hopingitwill - as much as I hope it is implantation, realistically I know it's not! Since my mc in may my cycles have been 20 and 24 days so I think I'm stuck with 23/24day cycles now. At least I know sooner rather than later to start over again!

Thanks. Another stupid q. If you have a surge in the am, does that means it's best to bd in the am? I have no idea, when have just been fumbling through the last 9 months, and I'm getting impatient!

Hi frustrated :hi: dont worry about all the questions, thats what were here for :) Like the other girls have said, some people test twice because they dont want to miss it, however it is quite an expensive way to do it and most people will show thier surge in the am. Following the pos opk you should dtd for 3 days in a row to cover the 12-36 hr ovulation time. It doesnt matter for SMEP whether you do ti in the morn or eve (or midday :haha:) but there is some evidence to say that dtd in the morn is better. On our pos cycle we dtd in the evening and I used softcups which held the sperm in the right place overnight - seem to work for us :) Lots of luck to you and keep asking any questions you have :)

Hey ladies, I jumped in a few pgs ago and said I would like to try this plan out. I have been between ttc and ntnp for about 9 months now. DH, and I are getting frustrated. We have a 2 1/2 yr old who happened surprisingly fast NTNP. At the time, I knew nothing about getting pregnant. I do not temp, or have never used opk's. My question is, on smep I see you need 10 opk's and start bding and using opk's on cd8, right? If so, how come when other people not doing smep use opk's twice daily? Is anyone on this tread following the plan exactly, or are you ladies using opk's 2 times a day?? I may come back with more questions on these things, such as when to test etc.

Hello :flower:

I used OPK's twice a day (sometimes 3) because I had a very short surge, so was worried i'd miss it so personally i'd recommend taking one in the morning and one at about 5pm. I ordered a load of IC from Amazon so didn't break the bank, then when I thought i had a positive used the CB digi smiley ones to confirm. I also ovulated really late (it was CD26 this cycle) so if I ohly had 10 opk's i'd never have enough!

lanet - Good luck, it's so nice seeing that +opk isn't it!!

gardenofedens - Sorry the witch got you :hugs: Good luck for next cycle

x x x x x

x x x x

My word!! So many BFP'S congrats ladies h&h 9 months. x

Welp I think I've done all I can. Even OH has got himself the wellman conception vits as well as shoving extra zinc down him. (I swear I hear him rattle now). Whether anything happens this month is anyones guess though. Ive been poas every other day with those itty bitty pound shop cheapies to no avail yet - although they are so tiny I couldn't tell even if I DID get a faint pos.

Trying not to symptom spot is hard though. I've been tired, it's hard to stop my boobs falling out of my bra lately and this morning I had this twinge on the right side of my womb that felt like someone had stuck a needle in through my stomach, still aches a little now.
I also feel sick, but I think I have sympathy sickness with my toddler who has blown something akin to cottage cheese all over the sofa this morning, little sweetheart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->