Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Love your baby pictures MrsP I agree the little peach looks like a girl, very cute x
Great egg count Almost, its looking good. Good luck hun x
The eggplant parmo sounds delicious although we call it aubergine parmo. I love aubergines instead of pasta in lasagne x
Well I think i'm going to ovulate in the next week. Still no word from hospital about scheduling an iui so I will chase on Monday although I don't know how I will fit it in without my boss knowing. I'm going to have to think of some good excuses x
Good luck everyone x

DH & I told our bosses...they were both extremely understanding. It is up to you, but I think just telling them and to have them keep it confidential between your co-workers is a good way to go. IT takes a load off your back having to worry about taking all these days off and your boss thinking you are playing hookie last minute/and or takes a load off of having to make up excuses! GL either way!

oh, they will transfer 1, or 2 if they don't have one that is top grade to increase my chances!

Lovely pics, MrsP! I'm going with girl as well :) Not based on the pictures, but just gut feeling :)

Almost - that is excellent! good luck with the transfer!

Happyshopper - is your boss an understanding person? seems like this should be something you could tell him/her in confidence and not feel bad about taking time off work? I hope the iui happens next week for you!

Hi everyone else!!

AFM - i'm in the waiting room for my GTT right now. Just drank a lot of really sweet orange liquid and have to sit here for an hour and then get my blood drawn. I fasted, even tho i wasn't sure if i was supposed to, and they didn't even take baseline bloods this morning. So i feel better about fasting now, but I can't believe they wouldn't take a reference sample. Thankfully the GTT test in the US is only 1 hour. I have heard that you ladies in the UK have to take the 3 hour test.

GL with the test chloe!!

I just started estrace pills (one in the am one in the pm) and also crinone in the morning-it is a gel suppository that is supposed to help with implantation! I have not got a call from my nurse this am, so I am betting I don't transfer until Tuesday.

Happyshopper...FX iui is soon for you!!!

Thanks ladies. I'm 51% wanting a boy though ha ha! Would still love a girl, just everyone around me has had girls and I'd like to be different :haha: Either way "as long as it's healthy" :winkwink: Ordering nursery furniture today as it's on special, exciting! And ordered top notch baby monitor this morning as that's also on special! We'll be ready by the 20 week scan at this rate :rofl:

HS I agree with the other ladies, you might be best off telling your boss. I did for my follicle tracking, and she had to tell her boss to get him to authorise the time off and give me credits for the time. But it's up to you, depends how much time/how many days you'd need as it may be difficult to hide...

Chloe, sorry to be thick hun, but what is a GTT?

x

Happershopper hope it happens for you soon

Chloe Hope the GTT went well, in UK we have an hour test and 3 hour test. I'm surprised they didnt take baseline bloods. Hope it comes back OK

Mrs P - GTT is to test Gestational diabetes at around 24 weeks (or thereabouts). You fast from 10 the night before then in the morning they take your bloods, give you one jug of glucose drink and one plastic cup of water then measure your bloods after 1 hr or 3 hrs but you are not allowed to drink or eat anyything additional apart from whats given to you. They usually only arrange a GTT if you have had it in previous pregnancies before , have a family history of diabetes or a high BMI

Ah I see thanks for explaining, no wonder I hadn't heard of it :) x

Thanks for your advice ladies. I think my boss would be understanding, at least outwardly but he's a bloke and I don't feel comfortable at all discussing it I hope I get pregnant this month so I don't have to worry about it x

Happershopper can you not speak to HR instead and let them deal with the matter? When I came back to work and suffered incrediably heavy periods since having JJ I didn't want to explain the ins and outs of it to my male boss. I spoke to HR (females) and said I may need to leave for home in short notice as can get light headed etc and dont want to have to explaim to Boss. So they spoke to my boss and said I have 'personal health issues that they are aware of' and to be be prepared at times with me having to leave quickly or to be having to work from home etc...... Is this something you could do in regards for going for tests etc ?

Mrsp - def think :pink: I think that last ultrasound even has a great example of girl nub! It'll be nice when you know for sure and get to bond with LO.

Almosthere - great results! This cycle is going perfectly! Cant wait for your bfp!

Chloe - GL w your GTT. I'm taking mine in about a week. Not too excited about it

Happy shopper - I agree would be hard to tell a male boss. The only ones I told when TTC were female.

MrsP - on another thread some UK women said its not required for everyone over there except for high BMI or family history, but in the US, everyone takes it, regardless of history or BMI, so I figured I would try to get it over with before my next ob appt. I'm jealous you are going to be farther along with nursery shopping than me! I did register last week for all things baby with DH.....even tho he complained, he had fun with the little scanner thing, going up and down aisles saying 'oh this is great' and scanning away! I did pick my nursery bedding, check it out: https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=48806630&product_skn=366638 I am absolutely loving it, and it looks much better in person than online :) I think this is what i am most excited about so far, lol.

Ahhh Chloe that's absolutely gorgeous! Love it. That's the good thing finding out at the scan, though our nursery will be used again for #2 & #1 will get a different room so it's good to keep it neutral in that situation so we don't have to re-decorate or buy new stuff. This is what I think we'll get https://classic.next.co.uk/homeware/nursery-collections/10 I do love this one too https://www.mamasandpapas.com/range/once-upon-a-time/2970?cm_re=Interiors-_-Banner-_-Ouat but it's too expensive, I can't justify spending that much money :nope: Gutted I didn't order the furniture yesterday & it's changed price :cry: Might see if DH can pop along to the store with me & have a word with the manager, or maybe it's changed online but not in store. Fingers crossed! x

Really daydream? Wow it'll be interesting once it's born to see if you are all right! :thumbup: x

chloe-I cannot see specific bedding on yours, just the site, but I am sure it is beautiful!

mrsp-it does not show a specific bedding for the second website you posted either. But I love the first bedset-the teddy, soooo cuteee!!!

AFM I am the happiest woman in the world right now-my 3dt got moved to a 5 day transfer...tuesday, yippee!!! grow into blasts my beautiful embryos!!!

yay for Tuesday, Almost! Sending lots of good vibes your way!

MrsP, those are lovely neutral bedding sets...a lot of neutrals often aren't that attractive but those are really cute!

AFM, i failed my 1 hour GTT, so now on to 3 hour test. I don't have any history of diabetes or weight issues, so hopefully the 1 hour test was wrong. I read that they are wrong 30% of the time or something like that. I'm still quite worried, however.

Chloe don't be worried, even if next one does come back positive it will mean they will try and control your sugars through diet. Also if you have GD doesn't mean you will have diabetes long term :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->