Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Daydream, can I ask, at what stage did you feel the baby actually kick, rather than the bubbles/butterflies you get at first? Not sure if its too early for me to experience kicking?

x

I didn't really have a lot of bubbles, probably bc my placenta is anterior and blocked those early tiny movements. I just got random kicks that I felt every few days or so around 18 weeks. 19-20 weeks is when I started to feel him on an almost daily basis before bedtime.

eeeek you ladies are making me so eager to feel my little one kick!! hehe

so the stinky news today is I found out they nurse gave me wrong information so my strep and fifths dis. test results wont come back until tomorrow the earliest, so I will have to wait the weekend and hear by next mon or tuesday the latest...arggg!!!

Good news is scan was FAB I heard babies heartbeat and I teared up...such a little cutie already!!!! LOL

Wow almost, hearing it so early is great Hun! Glad it all went well & sorry you have to wait for your results over the weekend, hope the wait goes quick x

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm a chronic spotter. Glad to find that i'm not alone.

I have endometriosis and uterine fibroid and will spot 5-7 days before AF. Just got married 5 months ago and have been TTC since then. I've been taking 5mg folic acid since after my last AF but somehow it has caused me to start spotting 2dpo until now (11dpo). Same thing happened a few years back when I took it so it's not an isolated incident.

I've just started charting this cycle but I think my LP is around 14 days. My chart showed a typical implantation dip at 9dpo but can't tell much from that since some ppl get that pattern without getting pregnant. I hope I still stand a chance but seems quite unlikely this month since the brown discharge is getting heavier with dark brown gunks (sorry TMI) though I'm still hoping for a miracle. I'm turning 40 in January so no time to waste!

Tons of baby dust to all TTC sisters :)

Thank you to everyone for your warm wishes. We still can't believe it. Trying to stay grounded but on cloud 9 most of the time. AF is officially due today so let's hope she stays away.*

Almost fingers crossed for your blood results. Hearing baby's heart heat must have been amazing.

Yom yoms
Like others have said.. Take heart in so many of us getting bfps. A few months ago I had 2 cycles where I pretty much spotted from ovulation to AF. I was really worried but here I am a few months later with a bfp.*

Happyshopper when you planning on starting treatment?*

Jellycat how u feeling? Apart from sore boobs and a few cramps I feel great.*

Chloe check your ticker not long now. Has the spotting eased?

Daydream and mrs pttc loving the baby kick chat

Welcome greenleaf. Congrats on your wedding. Loads of us on here have spotted really early and still got pregnant. Glad your charting etc I really wish I had started doing that earlier as it really helped me find out about my cycle. Is there anything they can do to remove the fibroids etc?

Welcome greenleaf. Congrats on your wedding. Loads of us on here have spotted really early and still got pregnant. Glad your charting etc I really wish I had started doing that earlier as it really helped me find out about my cycle. Is there anything they can do to remove the fibroids etc?

Thanks for giving me hope :) I only started charting this month 3 days pre-O so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Tempted to sign on for VIP membership :p

I had a laparoscopy done 3 years ago to remove my right ovarian cyst as it was quite large (size of a gold ball) and the doc were worried that it might rupture. I still have another one on the left ovary, slightly smaller and elongated that was detected after the laparpscopy. :p Could have asked them to remove both if detected earlier. As for the fibroid, doc said they can do a myomectomy but that will give me a 7cm souvenir (scar :p). But since it's not giving me any problems (no cramps, no unusual heavy bleeding), they said I can live with it.

I'm out this month. AF just came. :( But will keep trying! [-o<

:hugs2:

Sorry AF came... Big hugs and hopefully this is the last time she comes for a while. I'm not sure if fibroids or endo would cause pre AF spotting. My lap didn't show anything so I know it can be unrelated xxx

Dreaminghopin, I think the AF due date is a milestone, I felt much better once it'd passed :)

Greenleaf, sorry you're a spotter, given your age what has your doc said about it & that you think its caused by the folic acid? x

Greenleaf, sorry you're a spotter, given your age what has your doc said about it & that you think its caused by the folic acid? x

She said it's unlikely the folic acid caused the spotting :p But I KNOW it is the cause :p But how to disagree with a doctor? :p I have cut the tiny tablet into half (or attempted to anyway as they are now in different sizes and shapes LOL!). Will try this "reduced" dose and see what happens next month.

Have you tried different brands of folic acid hun? Or taking a multi vit pre-natal with it in? Perhaps if you take a vit the other vits in it might counteract whatever is causing the spotting? :shrug: If you're in the UK I can recommend the Boots pre-natals - cheaper than pregnacare which used to give me headaches & turn my pee yellow lol x

almost- that might have been beautiful :) fx 4r ur results !

chloe- glad spotting is not of a big concern ! hope its gone by now !

yoms- sorry abt the spotting :hugs: many have got their bfp's during heavy spotting cycles here,fx 4r u hun !

greenleaf- welcome & sorry abt the af & spotting :hugs: hope u get ur bfp soon ! i heard endo can cause spotting dependin on the location ??
may b u shud try diff brand as suggested by mrsp !

Have you tried different brands of folic acid hun? Or taking a multi vit pre-natal with it in? Perhaps if you take a vit the other vits in it might counteract whatever is causing the spotting? :shrug: If you're in the UK I can recommend the Boots pre-natals - cheaper than pregnacare which used to give me headaches & turn my pee yellow lol x

There is only one brand of folic acid that comes in 5mg. Govt monopolized market :p But there are other multi-vits (non prenatal) supplemented with folic acid but only 400ug. Not sure if it's enough. Anyway I will try the "reduced" dose and see what happens next cycle.

I've taken multi-vit for women +50 (my mom's) with 400ug folic acid. It turned my pee yellow too and it has a funny smell (sorry TMI LOL). It's from the vit B I think.

Yum - thanks. I will try the reduced dose. Tempted to just crush the darn tablet and add a few specks into my coco in the morning. LOL!!

Hello everyone,
Welcome to the spotter sisters club Greenleaf. Sorry about the stupid af but fx you get that bfp next month xxx
Good luck for Tuesday Almost. I'm glad that the scan went well. I don't blame you for being teary, I think I would be too xxx
Well we are going to the fertility clinic on Tuesday to discuss doing an iui (and get tested for hypo), so hopefully it will be the next cycle. I'm going on holiday next month but after I ovulate hopefully so really excited about November. Until then, I've spent a small fortune on supplements to give the iui the best possible chance. Also, I've been researching ways you can have an underlying issue that can stop you getting pregnant, so from Monday I am going to try to rule out a few of them by cutting out wheat (in case of gluten intolerance), going low carb (in case of insulin resistance), taking co-enzyme q10 (for my oldish eggs) and taking vitamin d, magnesium and iodine as deficiencies could cause infertility. It cant hurt anyway and hopefully it will at least improve my af cramping xxx
Good luck everyone and sending baby dust your way xxx

hi ladies have to work today unfortunately ...5 hrs of ot, but wanted to update you all-so no test results they called 2 days ago saying they take 4-6 days to come back and now that it is the weekend....I will not hear until monday or tuesday how annoying!!

taking co-enzyme q10 (for my oldish eggs)

Thanks for the welcome :) Does co-enzyme Q10 help with oldish eggs? In that case I should be swallowing the entire bottle. LOL!

*goes hijack her father's Q10 supplements* :mrgreen:

happyshopper - sounds like you've got a good plan going! I look forward to hearing how Tuesday goes!

taking co-enzyme q10 (for my oldish eggs)

Thanks for the welcome :) Does co-enzyme Q10 help with oldish eggs? In that case I should be swallowing the entire bottle. LOL!

*goes hijack her father's Q10 supplements* :mrgreen:

So I've heard but they are pretty expensive. I'm going to take 100mg but i think you can take much more than that if you wanted so if you can raid your dads medicine cabinet, all the better.:haha:
See this link: https://www.infertilityrepronews.com/content/new-eggs-old
You may also want to try DHEA but they are for ladies that are a bit older.
Good luck and hopefully we will both have coq10 babies xxx
Thanks Daydream, watch this space xxx

welcome, greenleaf! 5mg of folic acid is a LOT! most prenatals in the US are 800 micrograms - 1 mg. 400 is the standard for what most normal people need. i am sorry AF got you, and that you are cursed with the spotting as well!

MrsP & Katie - enjoy the kicking baby! this is about the time i started to feel it pretty solidly. They will only get stronger :)

happy - sounds like you have a nice plan to help cut out anything that could be hurting you. Good luck for november!

almost - keep us posted on the test results. Hope you are feeling well!

AFM, spotting has stopped, been taking it easy. Have my baby shower tomorrow and am super excited to see all the cute gifts my LO will get :)

Hi to everyone else!

Hi green leaf welcome to the thread

Yomyom - stay positive spotting dies not mean that you won't get your BFP there is too many of us here for that to be true

Dreaminghopin - had heartburn initially and very emotional (but just moved house and dad ill so could be that) big bloating in the evenings never had this with JJ . Apart from that nothing really but not expecting it all to kick in until 6-7 wks.

Almosthere - hope your results are available for you soon !

Chloe hope the spotting stays away for you. Your pregnancy seems to be going so quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->