Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I knew it bubbles! Congrats hun! :happydance: I would tell the FS about your BFP as they might reschedule it for a week or 2 til theyre likely to see a heartbeat. Not much to see at 5 weeks other than its in the right place! :) x

Thank u everyone :)

MrsP - Ive not been referred to a FS...my GP just agreed to refer me for a scan to check my ovaries, etc...so im worried that if i tell them about the BFP they will just refer me to the maternity unit and ill have to wait ages! Id be happy just to know that everything was in the right place x

Congratulations bubbles!! x

When the excitement has settled in, please come back and share your secrets! :)

Yomyoms - I dont have a clue how it happened lol I had a more relaxing month than normal - no charting and no scheduling BD so maybe that helped altho I was worried we dint have a chance this month! We only BD on the Thurs n Fri n then got a + opk on the Sat so i was abit worried that we might have missed O but I guess not!

I think being abit more stress free might have helped..normally im constantly stressing about BD near O and everything i did i thought about how it might effect implantation, etc...but this month I didnt worry about it all. I did the opk but I didnt tell OH and i didnt BD just due to opk.

The only other thing i did was take vitB 100 complex from CD1 until a few days after +opk.

Good luck everyone x

Congratulations, bubbles! So happy for you :flower: Happy and healthy 9 months!:

Congrats, Bubbles!!! Everything sounded so promising for you, I totally knew you were pregnant :) I hope you have a H&H 9 months with a nice sticky bean :) Please keep us posted as to how your pregnancy progresses. I thought I would be excited to see my scan even if there was no heartbeat, and it was all realy just a let down without a heartbeat (I had one around 5 weeks because my FS was convinced I was farther along that i actually was). But you can go anyway if it will make you happy :) Don't let the fact that its not meant as a pregnancy scan deter you if its what you want.

Thanks Chloe :) I know there won't be a heartbeat yet but I just want to know that everything is doing wat it shud be. In my last pregnancy I had a scan at 8 wks n the baby only measured 6wk n by the wk after the heartbeat had gone :( I just want to have the scan n for them to tell me it looks like I'm 5 wks so it puts my mind at rest a little bit. I'm hoping to get another scan at 8 or 9 wks n then my standard 12 wk one n then ill be happy :) x

Congrats bubbles!!!! If you go for the scan, know that they might not be able to find anything at 5 weeks...really depends, so if you DO go for it, just stay positive -- if you're anything like me, you'll keep peeing on things every day just to see the bfp :) :)

Yay Bubbles!!! Congratulations!

It appears I have bacterial vaginosis again. This is the fourth time in a year and I think it keeps coming back bc we are ttc. Ugh. Luckily, I dont have any of the symptoms. The spotting could be due to the infection. I am trying a different tratment this time. The dr. says that women concieve with bv all the time, but I'm worried it is making it harder and that there might be some antibioticsleft in my system that kills the sperm. My dr. also said charting is a waste of time unless you never get up to pee at night (I do) and that we should just relax and bd on cd 10, 12, 14 and 16. I'm going to listen to her and try not to even think about it. Because of the tratment though we are going to have to skip cd 10 and either start on 11 or just do 12, 14 and 16. Maybe we will get lucky like Bubbles on the month we bd less and aren't keeping track of everything.

Sbmack - sorry to hear about the infection. Fx that the low stress approach will be successful for you this month!

SB - sorry to hear about the infection. I think charting does cause a lot of stress but if u need to confirm that ur Oing then it's defo worthwhile! I don't think it matters if u get up in the night as long as u still have a solid 4-5 hour sleep before u temp.

I hope the stress free cycle works for u as I really think it made a diff to me n it made OH feel a lot better we as well....as when we did BD it was due to us both wanting to..rather than me saying we shud as it was 'that time'. OH hated it when it was like that so in a way it's no wonder we wasn't having any luck! x

Thanks for your tips bubbles! Not sure I'm ready to give up temping yet. Maybe when I've settled down on increasing my vits so much. Might try 100mg B vits next month though :)
I hope the next 8 months go smoothly for you. Keep us updated x

Sbmack, sorry about the infection. Trust your dr and leave it up to nature for a couple of months and hopefully you'll see a result

I haven't found DTD to be too planned yet. Between AF and the spotting starting there's less than two weeks. So tend to just DTD lots anyway as then we won't do it for another 2.5 weeks then! rubbish!

CONGRATS BUBBLES!! Just saw your post! WOW!!! So happy for you!! Woot!! \0/

Yay Bubbles!!! Congratulations!

It appears I have bacterial vaginosis again. This is the fourth time in a year and I think it keeps coming back bc we are ttc. Ugh. Luckily, I dont have any of the symptoms. The spotting could be due to the infection. I am trying a different tratment this time. The dr. says that women concieve with bv all the time, but I'm worried it is making it harder and that there might be some antibioticsleft in my system that kills the sperm. My dr. also said charting is a waste of time unless you never get up to pee at night (I do) and that we should just relax and bd on cd 10, 12, 14 and 16. I'm going to listen to her and try not to even think about it. Because of the tratment though we are going to have to skip cd 10 and either start on 11 or just do 12, 14 and 16. Maybe we will get lucky like Bubbles on the month we bd less and aren't keeping track of everything.

I think he's right Hun, my FS said it was a total waste of time so I stopped, and he said OPK's cause too much stress too, just to bd every 2-3 days. I was on clomid I know, but still I think the relaxing helped as it did take 8 months of it so it wasn't the miracle drug I was expecting. As much as the 'relax it'll happen' thing is really annoying i think there is a little truth in it! X

Hi ladies sorry for lack of personals but not feeling so hot today!! Just wanted to bump in and wish everyone a wonderful day!

thank you expact-aside from freaking out about this storm on the way to MASS, I am doing better. Exauhsted, but my MS went away-I get it really bad every other morning I feel like, and I thought this am was going to be my firth bought of pregnancy puking, but luckily nothing came up! Hope you and baby are doing well also!

Aw, almost, I'm sorry to hear about the morning sickness. It does go away - calm at the end of your very own storm ahead :)
The little one is just fine, and so am I...will be happy to see DH in a month!!! He's still overseas.
It seems like the past 8 months have gone SO quickly, from me watching my spotting to it disappearing, then watching my belly...wonder what the next months will bring...it will be interesting to see after I have the baby if my spotting comes back? Maybe this pregnancy is what is needed to put my body back on track.

That would be lovely if the spotting stopped thanks to your pregnancy! FX! It is just no fun!!! Glad to hear all is well aside being away from DH :( So glad he will be home soon to be with you and baby!!!

Hmm I am also interested to see how many of us will be post pregnancy spotters. Hope the next month flies in expattc. Almost I'm in the uk but hearing a lot about storms in that part of the world. Take care and hope its not as bad as we think xxx

I figured I would chime in about the stress free TTC stuff. I also attribute my BFP to this stress free approach. I was still temping, but I stopped peeing on OPKs because my FS told me they were worthless for anyone who wasn't regular. I would often get false positives. And the month i got my BFP, I had just visited the FS and she laid out a very nice plan to get me pregnant that was supposed to start the following month. So I felt really good that i would get pregnant soon and all hope was not lost. So in that month leading up to any sort of fertility treatment, I had low stress, only DTD a couple times when I thought i noticed EWCM, and that was apparently enough to do it for me. Could be a coincidence, but i like to think it was lack of stress that helped everything along :)

Sorry you are not feeling well, Almost. That is one heck of a storm on its way to the east coast! I think we will get the rain and high winds in ohio, but I'm not anticipating anything too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->