Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I figured I would chime in about the stress free TTC stuff. I also attribute my BFP to this stress free approach. I was still temping, but I stopped peeing on OPKs because my FS told me they were worthless for anyone who wasn't regular. I would often get false positives. And the month i got my BFP, I had just visited the FS and she laid out a very nice plan to get me pregnant that was supposed to start the following month. So I felt really good that i would get pregnant soon and all hope was not lost. So in that month leading up to any sort of fertility treatment, I had low stress, only DTD a couple times when I thought i noticed EWCM, and that was apparently enough to do it for me. Could be a coincidence, but i like to think it was lack of stress that helped everything along :)

Sorry you are not feeling well, Almost. That is one heck of a storm on its way to the east coast! I think we will get the rain and high winds in ohio, but I'm not anticipating anything too bad.

Thanks for the input on the stress free approach. My dr. also said not to temp or use opk's. I'm going to try and relax next month and not think about it too much and just enjoy bd'ing. Easier said than done though when getting pregnant is taking longer than you thought it would.

Saphire, sorry you have to deal with an infection, hope it heals soon. A more relaxed approach to TTC might be the way to go, I'd give it a shot.

almost, I'm sorry to hear about your ms. Does eating first thing in the morning help at all? Hope ms stays miles away :hugs:

Expat, hope the last month of waiting for DH will fly by. I'm also really curious to see if the spotting comes back once the baby is born. We'll keep each other posted.

Girls on the East coast, stay safe tonight! Everything is flying here in north VA. Hope this Sandy girl doesn't cause too much damage.

I figured I would chime in about the stress free TTC stuff. I also attribute my BFP to this stress free approach. I was still temping, but I stopped peeing on OPKs because my FS told me they were worthless for anyone who wasn't regular. I would often get false positives. And the month i got my BFP, I had just visited the FS and she laid out a very nice plan to get me pregnant that was supposed to start the following month. So I felt really good that i would get pregnant soon and all hope was not lost. So in that month leading up to any sort of fertility treatment, I had low stress, only DTD a couple times when I thought i noticed EWCM, and that was apparently enough to do it for me. Could be a coincidence, but i like to think it was lack of stress that helped everything along :)

Sorry you are not feeling well, Almost. That is one heck of a storm on its way to the east coast! I think we will get the rain and high winds in ohio, but I'm not anticipating anything too bad.

I am from Ohio too :0) everyone stay safe!!! All of you ladies always give me hope because it shows that us spotters can actually get pregnant, while I often feel like it is what is stopping me from a bfp

Yes!!!!!! Congrats Bubbles!!!!! ;-)
Question.....did you spot this time????

Soooo happy for you!!! Good luck to you all!!!!

Yes katie eating two slices of toast or a bagel with something on it pb, jam, cream cheese always helps loads! I had two slices of whole grain toast with jam yum! Feeling better already and no trouble swallowing my prenatals this am!

Bubbles, how are you feeling?!

Thanks chloe....its a on and off thing with the ms some mornings are okay, others in between and some just no fun! But I still think I have It easy compared to others! The storm was not as bad as last years due to no snow and long down pours this year. A big pine tree did come down blocking one side of our road but luckily we made it to my parents they lost power but have a generator. We did not have to use it but stayed the night to be safe. Going to check my condo later today as work was cancelled again. Sorry for the rambling hope all are well!

Expat - it'll defo be interesting to see if we spot after our babies! I havnt always spotted..it only started after my mc last year so am hoping this preg ends well n the spotting stays away x

SB - I agree, it is hard to do the stress free way when u want a BFP so bad! I don't think u can totally be stress free but if u can just take ur mind of it a little bit it may help x

Gobolino - thank u n no I didn't spot at all in the month I conceived x

Almost - I'm glad ur MS has gone away n that the storm wasn't so bad for u! I hope ur condo is ok x

Hope everyone else on the East coast USA is ok n not effected too much x

I'm still really happy but don't feel too great :( I've been feeling really rough n run down for the past few days n it lasts most of the day! I've never had MS before n was wondering if it could be that? Altho I haven't been sick n don't feel like I'm going to be!! I'm constantly worried that something will go wrong so Im hoping the next few wks will fly by as ill be so much happier when I get to 8/9 wks!
I've got that fertility scan 2moro n Im goin to go as it will drive me mad if I don't! Ill only be 5&1/2 wks but hoping they will put my mind at rest even just a little bit :) x

Morning sickness is not always throwing up...for me its gagging half the time I take my prenatals, feeling of throwing up. From empty stomach or bad smells....feelings almost hung over in the mornings! Hope that helps its just my personal morning sickness summary lol

Thanks Almost I'm hoping it is some form of MS but it does worry me..I've never felt like this in my other pregnancies. Oh well scan 2moro n then I'm going to try n get another one for next wk n hopefully see a heartbeat :) x

Morning sickness for me was not throwing up either, but just feeling hung over and miserable, no food sounded good, had to force myself to eat. Eating would sometimes help me feel better, sometimes not. And it was more pronounced in the evenings. I think i threw up only twice, but felt like death for a good 6-8 weeks (I've already forgotten when it exactly went away).

Glad everyone weathered the storm ok! I'm very happy my power did not go out. My area had around 180,000 power outages from the storm, and many floods, but my home and route to work were pretty unaffected. I was kinda hoping for a 'work is cancelled due to bad weather' day, but oh well!

Hope everyone is feeling well, and stress free :)

Demo work has started on my new house! Can't wait to move in come january!

Chloe I am glad the storm did not affect you wonderful! Sounds like we have similar ms this pregnancy!

Bubbles hope you feel better soon! I'm sure hearing babies hb will reasure you that your dif preg symptoms are normal and that baby is ok!

Bubbles -- ms the same for me as the other gals -- I think I only threw up twice, and both times were at night. Otherwise, I just felt more like I had a cold most of the time, and headache, and just had waves of nausea more at smells than anything. I survived on the closest thing that I could find to cheerios, and fruit. I found that just slicing open an orange and smelling it got my appetite going...something about the citrus maybe? Then eating it up of course :)

Hiya,

I am fairly new to this site so still finding my way around it. I made a thread earlier about my concerns about potentially having low progesterone and one of the ladies suggested I come and check out this thread...the reasons for me thinking this are my 2 early miscarriages, both lost around 7 weeks and also the fact that i spot between Ov and AF, its literally a tiny bit. I have endometriosis and on a recent scan they said its possible I have a polyp which would cause spotting but she said it could have just been a clot as the scan was done suring AF, I have to have another scan soon just before ov to find out. I used to have this spotting just 2-3 days before AF but last month I had some on 4dpo which is very early for it to start. My luteal phase is usually exactly 2 weeks after ov, last cycle was 12 days after.

Another lady on the other thread suggested temping as could show if progesterone is low but I would have no idea what I was looking for :dohh:

I had some earlier (currently 7-8dpo) its the first lot this cycle but now i am counting myself out this month completely :cry: I have had enough of all the obstacles. We have been trying over a year now (with a little break inbetween after the 2nd MC). I am having a bit of a down day, just need some hope I guess xx

Thanks ladies :) uve all made me feel abit better about MS. Ive waited so long for a BFP that im happy to put up with it! I wish it wunt make me feel so rough all day tho!

I went for the scan today n they could see a gestational sac which is about right for 5wks so that made me feel better. I also phone midwife n asked for an 8 wk scan so waiting to hear bk from them. I might see if theyll do it abit earlier so i can see heartbeat :)

Hopefortwo - welcome to the thread :) Im sorry to hear about ur MC's and hope u get a BFP real soon. If ur interested in temping go on Fertility Friends website as u can chart ur temp on there n it has a guide to temping. Its a great site. The main reason for temping is to confirm ur ovualating and for some ppl it shows a pattern so u can pinpoint when u O. I dont think it will really give u answers about low progesterone tho...u might have to get GP to do bloods for that x

Thanks ladies :) uve all made me feel abit better about MS. Ive waited so long for a BFP that im happy to put up with it! I wish it wunt make me feel so rough all day tho!

I went for the scan today n they could see a gestational sac which is about right for 5wks so that made me feel better. I also phone midwife n asked for an 8 wk scan so waiting to hear bk from them. I might see if theyll do it abit earlier so i can see heartbeat :)

Hopefortwo - welcome to the thread :) Im sorry to hear about ur MC's and hope u get a BFP real soon. If ur interested in temping go on Fertility Friends website as u can chart ur temp on there n it has a guide to temping. Its a great site. The main reason for temping is to confirm ur ovualating and for some ppl it shows a pattern so u can pinpoint when u O. I dont think it will really give u answers about low progesterone tho...u might have to get GP to do bloods for that x

Thanks for the welcome :flower: I think I will hold off on the temping for now as I am a stressy person as it is. I know that I ovulate so dont need to do it for that reason. Maybe its an option in the future if I have no success. I am going to ask my GP for the bloods but I know they will say no, they just fob me off all the time when I question these things, its all about waiting for a third loss before investigations begin xx

Just popping in to say hi! I'm another week off ovulation so nothing to report on the spotting front at the moment.

I've had a letter through for my ultrasound which will be about 5 days before Ov next cycle. I originally was thinking it would be good to rule out anything physical, but the more I think about it the more I think it's likely to be something like endo or a cyst, given I have so much spotting.? I should try and forget about it for 5 weeks but it's very hard to switch off, as you all know!

Hope everyone's well :) Almost, hope you feel better soon and sorry about your troubles with Sandy this week. Expat, hope your pregnancy sorts out the spotting too, and all you mums-to-be! Will be interesting to see. Hope all the US girls are alright after the storm

Bubbles, glad your scan went well!

Hi Hopesfortwo! Sorry about your MCs. :hugs: I hope your second scan brings you some answers with the spotting.

Just pop in for a quick :hi: Been really busy today. Just got back to my desk.

hopesfortwo - welcome to the thread. :)

bubbles - glad to hear that your scan went well! Lots of positive vibes to you dearie :)

Quick update, no spotting yet after O. Hopefully it'll stay that way until the normal 5-6 days before AF :p I think the reduced folic acid dosage worked. Or maybe it will cure me of my spotting before AF entirely?? [-o<

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the welcomes :winkwink:

I was just wanting to ask a question about spotting, I have been reading up on it and lots of people say its dots of blood etc, with me its CM, with a tinge of colour, sometimes beige, light brown and sometimes pink, is this still considered 'spotting'? I am a cervix checker :blush: so its only when I check, not in my underwear etc xx

Yomyoms - I think ur scan can only be a good thing - either it will rule some things out or it will give u answers to help u move forward :) I really hope it goes well for u x

Greenleaf - I hope ur spotting stays away x

Hopesfortwo - I would say that spotting is anything from a tinge of blood to needing a pantyliner. For me it was when i checked CP (which i eventually stopped doing as i found it really disappointing) or when i wiped after using the toilet (sorry TMI)...i never found it in my underwear. Hope that helps x

Hope everyone else is ok xxx

hopes-yes that is still spotting-that is what i would get, when i checked my cervix days before af, OR after DTD after O time...during clean up, if no DTD then most likely no spotting....hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->