Spring Babies

Oh Emma, not Mallorca!! Now I'm even more jealous!! I adore Palma & if I could click my fingers right now I'd be in Soller. I love it so much & can't wait to go back! I totally get what you mean about Magaluf though :haha:

Tee - We haven't done a shoot but good luck! I'm sure you'll look fab xx

Lilly - Fair play to you on convincing your DH to dtd - mine won't come near me! :haha: Hope all your tactics work! I'm hoping I won't need the C - it's only on the cards now if he gets stuck. AND provided labour doesn't take too long it'll be my consultant that I've had all along (& with the last baby/mc) that'll be delivering him which would be amazing. And I totally get what you mean about labour - it's always seemed so far away & now it's only two full days max!! Maybe sooner - my plug has started to go!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Arrrrggghhhh Karry that's so exciting! How is it going??

Can't wait for updates!

Morning ladies!

Karry - how are you doing? OMG the plug is starting to go!? I can't believe how close you are. I feel like my time is dragging, but when I hear your progress, I feel like it's flying by!

Lilly - How are you doing? You are right behind Karry. OMG I can't believe all of us are so close. This is so so exciting!!

AFM: I think Noah is hearing noises a lot more now. My cats, on the weekends know they get treats and canned food, so one in particular likes to wake us up with her meowing in out faces reminding us that it's treat time. This saturday her meows woke Noah up and he was bouncing around so much that I couldn't go back to sleep. I feel his movements a lot more than I have, big movements, it's so amazing.

Yesterday evening we did our quick photo shoot. I live in Arizona so around 4 pm it's already hitting about mid 80's to 90's. So the curl in my hair was gone, I am pretty sure I was shiny from the sweating, and we did a little hike to get the good shots. My legs were on fire and my feet were killing me. HAHAH Was not what I was hoping for, but I got my hubby and my belly in photos, and that's all that matters. OH! Tried to put my wedding rings back on for the shoot, what a joke. My fingers make it look like they were made for a little kid HAHAH.

Hubby and I had a blast and were laughing our butts off, so I can't wait to see how they turned out.

Hey

Doing ok thanks, feeling really healthy which is great! Can feel pressure really low again, got MW appointment on Friday so i'm praying they tell me she's engaged! Can't believe i'm 38weeks this week?!

Can't wait to see the photos from your shoot! When do you get them?

I think they can hear from like 28 weeks isn't it so I bet he can hear everything that's going on around you!

so crazy that we all started this journey together when we were suffering with morning sickness and a whole range of early pregnancy worries and now the babies are nearly ready to come out?!

Haha tee I can't believe your cats know when it's weekend vs. week days. Lol.

Can't sleep this week!! Hope you're all well. So excited for you Lilly!

I saw on Facebook that Karry had her baby yesterday - not sure of the sex but I think everything went ok! Hopefully when she's recovered from sleep deprivation and generally she'll give us a run down of how it went!! So exciting though that one of us had our babies!

I thought I was in labour last night but was just bad braxton hicks lol! DH is on such high alert that I didn't mention it as he would have had a heart attack!

How is everyone?

Tee, saw your maternity pics on FB - lovely! My favourite is the one with the blue ribbon around your tummy!

Qwerty - any news on the job interviews?

Emma - I'm in Porta Pollensa for two weeks in October and then a month next March so I may see you around (can't remember just how big Pollensa is)

Looks like it was a little boy :) Awww can't wait to see photos, must be such a crazy, wonderful experience. Yes, let me know when you're here on the island, Lilly! I think Pollensa's about an hour away but it's all motorway, so not too bad; we'll find somewhere to meet.

YAYAYAYAY!!! I am so happy for her!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear from her and see the little man. Awww my heart is so happy.

Lilly - thank you about the pics. They turned out a lot better than I thought! I was nervous.

Qwerty - My cats are insane. HAHAH I don't know how they know the different, but it never fails. I can never sleep in on the weekends, they just know.

Here are a a few of the maternity pics we got. I was hot, feeling fat and it was windy! But I have to say, my arms aren't as huge as I pictured, I mean I'm pregnant and I'm swelling, but the pictures look amazing and I am really glad I did it and have these memories!

Attachments

• Wes and I 1.jpg
    Wes and I 1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Ribbon and belly.jpg
    Ribbon and belly.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Wes and I 2.jpg
    Wes and I 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
OMG Tee these are gorgeous. I love the black and white one and so great that you have pics of beautiful happy couple being preggo.

last night we went out to dinner to celebrate (i accepted a position at one of the jobs that made me an offer! didn't even wait for others because this place is so close to home and i won't have to commute very far) so YAY job and i negotiated a start date of January instead of August... so happy since I will be working all July and most of August at another position but then will have time off with baby for a few months.

Anyhoo I wish that we had taken some pictures! ... we were all dressed up and I got a cute dress at TJ Maxx for 20 bucks that *maybe* if it fits me in three weeks I'll wear to my shower but it looked cute yesterday. I almost changed back out of my PJs when we got home because I still had my hair all done up and makeup on :haha:

lilly - hang in there! must be hard every time you get BH now not to get into labor mode!

karry looking forward to hearing about everything when you can :)

oh! and had a doc apt yesterday and hubby could come which was awesome. he felt around and said baby is already vertex and measuring 33 weeks. he said that if they're head down now they likely don't change... i feel like i have seen differently on this forum but it gave me some hope that he won't be breech.

i really liked him and now that i'm in the late game i start rotating through all the docs that could conceivably deliver him so yay for liking this first one.

Qwerty - Sounds like everything is falling into place for you!!! I am so happy for you and the job!

My U/S tech said that my little man has been head down since 18 weeks. Which I had no idea, HAHAHA But at my 30 week appointment she said that he was WAY down there. but I am measuring right on target, I really hope I have him a little sooner than 40 weeks, but as long as he's healthy. It's a crazy feeling feeling the little arms and legs through my belly. LOL

I can't believe we're all starting to have our babies now. I saw pics of Karry's little one on FB. I think I saw that he was 10lbs and 10oz. and he's GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to hear more from her!!!

Hello ladies

They said that to me Qwerty that I was measuring a week ahead and then when I went again it was normal again, I think maybe they have a little growth spurt or that you've got a lot of fluid in there and then the next week it's caught up with itself or something! I was worried I was going to have a huge baby lol!

38 weeks today and am emotional lol. Barely slept last night and kept having weird dreams and was soooooo hot too! Today it feels like i've been kicked in the you know what every time I walk, keep crying for absolutely no reason. Poor DH is putting up with living with a psychopath! He's so positive and I'm so miserable all the time, I know he understands but still feel so mean for being a loon lol.

He is so gorgeous isn't he, can't wait to hear how it all went!

Bump and me at 38 weeks!

Attachments

• 20140327_123937.jpg
    20140327_123937.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
Bump and me at 38 weeks!

Aw so cute :) Any Braxton Hicks yet? I haven't felt a thing. Baby's definitely head down, I can feel her little shoulders and fists hehe, but five weeks to go for me - at least! - so contemplating tidying the house up today.

Oh yes, was awake with them at 5am this morning and have had them on and off today.

Just heaved myself around the supermarket, people were jumping out the way like the titanic was going through!

Seems like all our babies are getting ready to come into the world if they're all head down!

How are we all today?

Oh Lilly - you look amazing. I love LOVE your bump! I am feeling really emotional lately too. And just think, I still have 8 weeks to go! WOW! I am so ready to have him, but I know I need to wait it out. It's getting really hard to sleep on my sides now that my belly is getting bigger. I have my 32 week check up today. I really wish they could tell me more than just measuring. It just seems like a waste.

My hubby is nesting again. He has tore up all the carpet in our hallway and has taken off all the door frames and redoing them to look better for the wood flooring that will be going in. The man does demolition for a living, I don't know where he gets all this energy.

My baby shower is in 3 more weeks! I can't wait. I more so can't wait for it to just be over with LOL. I am just waiting for the moment I can go on maternity leave and relax until the baby comes. That's all I want. I know I won't have a whole lot of that when the baby comes, but even having the baby here, I think will be more relaxing than trying to climb stairs, driving to work, dealing with ahole co-workers and having to get pretty everyday LOL. We'll see if I sound the same then LOL

On the BH thing. I get them all the time. I've been getting them since I think 18 weeks. I only barely notice them, but when I feel my belly I know I'm having them. It's insane. I hope you are all doing well! <3

Qwerty - sorry I realised I didn't say congratulations on the new job! That's great - are you really happy with it? What is it doing?

Had my 38w appointment today with the midwife and apparently she's 3/5 engaged, she's in my pelvis up to her ears - amazing she could feel her ears from the outside?!

She said i'm measuring 40 weeks but that she can feel that I have a lot of fluid in there, DH asked if that meant that when my waters broke, there'd be a lot but she said that if when they go, her head is fully engaged then it'll stop most of it coming out and they'll come out afterwards. She guessed that Lily will be around 8lbs when she comes out (well, at 40 weeks anyway!). I feel like it could be any day now - really hope it is! I so wish we all knew when we'd give birth!

When do you go on mat leave Tee? You'll friggin' love it! I absolutely love being on mat leave, and fingers crossed the business goes so well I won't have to go back, and can just run the business from home, but I guess we'll see!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend! xx

Lilly - oh my goodness, that is so exciting!!

I put in that I am going to start my maternity leave on May 12th. A week before my due date. BUT, at my appointment yesterday, when the doc measured my belly she said that I was measuring at 34 weeks. The U/S two weeks ago said that Noah was right on target. So is there a difference with the belly measuring and the baby measuring?

Oh man I am just so ready to have this little guy in my arms.

Check out this bump! I was trying to get the moving on video, but the anterior placenta makes impossible to see what I'm feeling.

Attachments

• 32.2 weeks.jpg
    32.2 weeks.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
Well I believe so (unless i'm totally wrong), I think the measurements don't mean a huge amount unless you're measuring like 4cm+ over as it can just be lots of fluid. They're not actually measuring Noah, they're measuring the top to bottom of your uterus so if you're like me and have a bit of extra fluid, or that it's just taking it's time to dissipate, then you'll measure over.

But if you take Karry as an example, they said she was measuring waaay ahead and her little boy was a big healthy weight! But I think that's because she was measuring like 4cm+ over (correct me if i'm wrong Karry!).

If you don't need to stay at work for the money (well, desperately anyway), then i'd suggested leaving sooner. But then not sure why i'm giving out advice, I just know you'll love being on mat leave like me :thumb up:. What's the deal with maternity leave in the US? Do you get full pay for an amount of time after he's born? it's different wherever you work here but at my work, it's 14 weeks full pay after the start of your maternity leave and then statutory pay about 1/3 of my normal salary for 6 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->