Spring Babies

Morning ladies! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I've been so so so busy!

I finally got a mom ride. It's a 2011 Dodge Nitro. It's a pretty cute little SUV, perfect for Noah! So now I have to sell my baby, the Camaro. :-( So sad but, life is changing for the better. Maybe when Noah is off in college momma can get a nice 68 Camaro. HAHAHA

My co-workers threw an AMAZING surprise baby shower for Wes and I last Thursday. I mean it was over the top. My good friend and co-worker did such a great job, down to the smallest details. Invited friends and my hubby to join, it was just amazing. Now, my mom and sister really need to step it up for our big baby shower this Sunday. HAHAH I have a feeling that it won't really compare. But that's OK, as long as our friends and family is there, that is all that matters.

I really think that Wes and I have everything we need. We were really spoiled with gifts. My hubby is still nesting, set up the pack and play, got the rest of the flooring done upstairs, we just need to do our room. I have all the baby's clothes washed and put away. Whew. It's been crazy!

I am so ready to go on Maternity leave. I really hate sitting at work lately. I am starting to swell up quite a bit but it seems to get better at night while I sleep. But sitting at a desk all day is rough. It's getting a bit difficult to walk. I am getting that pelvic pain pretty good lately. No pressure or cramps though. I think Noah is going to be here for the whole 40 weeks. LOL I really want him early, I am so so ready to have this kiddo out. But the longer he stays in the better.

As always, here are some pics. I am going to head back to the thread and catch up with all you ladies. <3

Attachments

• Sandra's Diaper Cake.jpg
    Sandra's Diaper Cake.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Boppy.jpg
    Boppy.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Presents.jpg
    Presents.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Table decor.jpg
    Table decor.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Noah Banner.jpg
    Noah Banner.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
And here's the mom car, the rest of the flooring and my hubby set up the pack and play. :)

Attachments

• Mom car.jpg
    Mom car.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Pack and Play.jpg
    Pack and Play.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Stiars.jpg
    Stiars.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Hallway.jpg
    Hallway.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1
Lily Rose was born yesterday morning after 42 hours of labour. Most precious thing in the world! She was a tiny 6lb 14oz!

Will update more tomorrow but thought I'd let you know! X x

Lily Rose was born yesterday morning after 42 hours of labour. Most precious thing in the world! She was a tiny 6lb 14oz!

OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just catching up with the posts and I saw that you wrote you were thinking you still had a few weeks to go. I am so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to see her!

CONGRATS!!!! Hope you are doing well. We can't wait to hear more when you have time. Perfect little girl! What a lovely name!

Aw congratulations! So happy for you :D I was just reading the thread this morning and thinking you next heehee! Get lots of rest and cuddles and kisses in and then tell us EVERYTHING!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Two of my girlfriends just had their sons. One was at 37 weeks and one was at 38 weeks. OMG!! It's a baby boom right now. If I am right behind them, I could have Noah in 3 weeks!!!

Can you all tell there was a drop? 33 vs 34 weeks

Attachments

• 33 vs 34 weeks.jpg
    33 vs 34 weeks.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah you can see, I bet it feels easier to breathe now. I have so much singing room in my lungs, it's great, but my belly just looks like I strapped on a fanny pack under my clothing, Maia's so low :D

Aw my friend who is due a week ahead of me is being induced on the 15th; she has arthritis and a big baby and lots of fluid, so pregnancy is playing havoc with her hips. I'm so eager to get my turn! But at the same time, I'll miss the pregnant experience waaaaaa

Emma I'm the same way. to think I could have Noah in my arms possibly 3-4 weeks from now is so surreal. I can't wait but, I know I will miss being pregnant. I also still can't register that I am going to have a child. I've waited so long to get here and it's finally a reality, it's just hard to believe.

Lilly!! Huge congratulations!! That was some long labour! Can't wait to see her & hope you're both doing well :hugs:

Karry hope that all is well with you and your little one. Visited a friend who recently gave birth a few days ago that said all her son did in those first two weeks was sleep and eat and poop and she got so much rest and cooking done. huh. not so sure i will believe it when i see it!

It's true! (Well they also pee & have a habit of doing so right when you're changing them so you get caught in the crossfire! :haha:) Although they don't necessarily sleep when you want them too! Scott seems to like sleeping through any little trips we take & when his visitors call & then he's wide awake when we're trying to go to bed! :dohh:

Tee - I see your updates on FB! Loving the new car & the shower photos! I wonder if I'll get a new car too... DH is being made redundant so is getting a big redundancy payment at the end of the month & started in his new job today (so excited to hear how he's doing!!). He's been on about replacing my car with a people carrier. I'm driving a Ford Fiesta at the moment which is fine but I guess it is a little small. If we were to have another baby (which please God we will!) I'd have to change it then anyways... Hmm... I'm rambling now! :haha: Your DH is so cute with all his nesting! Sorry to hear the pelvic pain is setting in. Do you have long left before your maternity leave starts? And I can definitely see a drop :thumbup:

AFM - Doing ok. Pretty tired today. As above DH starts his new job today so I did all the night feeds last night so he could get a good nights sleep. I'm also pretty light headed/dizzy. I think it's to do with the bleeding. It was pretty heavy yesterday & with some clots (sorry if tmi!) I said it to the doctor when Scott was getting his two week check but they didn't seem to take it seriously. They said I'm probably just tired & checked my blood pressure. They also did blood tests (& checked if I have diabetes after having GD). I get the results in about a week & a half. It was nice having DH home last week & I think it was nice for him to have some bonding time with the baby. We also had a newborn photo shoot on Saturday! We've already been sent some of the photos but when we get the final ones I'll upload some - they're so adorable!!

Hope everyone is doing well! :hugs:

Glad to hear your update, Karry; does it feel 'normal' now, your parenting routine? Are you taking iron supplements? I was taking them a few weeks back and um misplaced them lol but they may help you feel a bit better if you're losing a lot of blood.

Hello ladies!

What a week it's been!

So, started last Saturday morning, I was getting low level cramps but just thought it was nothing and then by 11am they started getting more regular so Robert rang the MW at the birthing unit just to let them know things were moving and they said to go in at 3pm for a check up. Went in and they checked whether my waters had broken but they hadn't and then sent me home. Then the contractions seemed to slow down in the evening and we thought it was just a false alarm, but they started again a couple of hours later and were every 5 minutes from then until 3pm the next day (we both got literally no sleep) so went back to the birthing unit and she checked how far I was dilated but was only 2cm so she sent me home again. Then about 5pm on Sunday I was laying in bed having bad contractions and moved my leg and my waters went literally everywhere. Robert took me to the toilet and we had to use 7 towels to catch it all (no wonder my bump was so big!) and the MW said on the phone that I should get in the bath so I did and then was on all fours on the floor from then until about 10pm when my contractions were 3 mins apart so went back and the MW checked and I was still only 2cm so they were going to send me home but she gave me a sweep and I immediately went to 4cm and then they put the monitor on me and saw that Lily's heart rate was dropping with each contraction and she'd also gone back to back. They then rang an ambulance to take me to hospital because I was then high risk.

Robert said the contraction counter jumped from 30 to 100 which is when I was completely out of the situation and just in the pain (if you get what I mean?), I still only had my tens on. Then in the ambulance I started having the urge to push but was only 5cm but it was because her head was in a funny position and was making me feel like I needed to, bless her!

Then got to hospital and they gave me gas and air and I pretty much kept my eyes closed and sucked on the pipe (and bit it when people tried to take it away) until about 4.30am when they said that I needed to start pushing soon so they took it away from me! They gave me 45 mins of pushing in a couple of different positions and then because I had been in labour for 42 hours at this point I was just too tired so the consultant was in and got her out with forceps (now just on my tens machine and no gas and air!) and they pulled her out. Was such a weird feeling them yanking her out of me!

She was completely worth it though and I think I got off pretty lightly, it was just the duration of labour that was the toughest, I was beyond tired at the end and no matter how much I pushed she wasn't budging!

Being a mummy is so amazing and worth all the sleepless nights though - she's so precious!

How are you all?

x x

Lilly, thanks so much for sharing. Sounds so up and down, stressful yet you kept you kept your cool and glad you avoided c section. Hope your healing is going well and Lilly rose is doing well.

AFM had amazing time at baby shower yesterday. Was mini wedding kinda... Everyone I loved around me and lots of fun and cake. Exhausted after the weekend of family visitng and the party but feel so happy. Think we are getting close to being ready... Will try to assess this weekend and go out and get some last things then. Need to install car seat now too :) four more weeks of work!

Hope you are all well and had a beautiful weekend.

Whew Lilly, you sure went through it. It's amazing what we can handle isn't it? I am so glad to hear you and the little one are doing well.

Qwerty - I had my shower yesterday too. When we brought everything home I was exhausted. But I am so relieved that now all I have to do is put the nursery back together. LOL It is a MESS. But it's the last thing left. Well, besides finding a sitter and that is stressing us out.

A few pics, of course!

Attachments

• Nursery_shower.jpg
    Nursery_shower.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Nursery_shower 2.jpg
    Nursery_shower 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Presents 2.jpg
    Presents 2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Present 1.jpg
    Present 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3
Well done, Lilly! :) Oh gosh, the more of us have babies the sooner the rest of us are having them, eek!

Heehee! Me today, my belly is like a basketball - I swear it's grown in the past few days!

10155392_10154015214365508_194202456515506623_n.jpg

OMG, Emma! You look amazing. Look at that beautiful bump!!! You look amazing!!! <3

Thanks, Tee :) She was wiggling like crazy, making my belly go all freaky shapes - I was waiting for a child to cry hehe.

Thanks, Tee :) She was wiggling like crazy, making my belly go all freaky shapes - I was waiting for a child to cry hehe.

HAHAHAH Isn't it crazy how much more they move now that they are bigger. Or should I say how much more you feel? It's so different than those little kicks and punches. I love feeling the rolling and hiccups and all that. I'm getting a little sad that in just 36 days or less it could be over.

HAHAHAH Isn't it crazy how much more they move now that they are bigger. Or should I say how much more you feel? It's so different than those little kicks and punches. I love feeling the rolling and hiccups and all that. I'm getting a little sad that in just 36 days or less it could be over.

Yeah! I woke up today with two little fists poking out, like she had a steering wheel. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->