Spring Babies

Thanks for asking... They went well. I'm one of four candidates for each position so will have to just wait now. I liked everyone and they were offering nice facilities. Not sure if I am the perfect fit but I can swing it.

I can't believe the first of us is moving into the "endgame"!! Take good care if yourself this week and keep us posted :)

Thanks for asking... They went well. I'm one of four candidates for each position so will have to just wait now. I liked everyone and they were offering nice facilities. Not sure if I am the perfect fit but I can swing it.

I can't believe the first of us is moving into the "endgame"!! Take good care if yourself this week and keep us posted :)

I know!! I can't believe that this time next week I will either have my baby or know when he's coming! Crazy!

One in four is pretty good odds! Great that you liked the people & the facilities seem good - you should see some of the places I've worked! :haha: Keep us posted!

I know!! I can't believe that this time next week I will either have my baby or know when he's coming! Crazy!

One in four is pretty good odds! Great that you liked the people & the facilities seem good - you should see some of the places I've worked! :haha: Keep us posted!

It is crazy and exciting! I can't even comprehend it; one minute bubs isn't there, then he is. Your life will change sooooooo much. I don't even feel like pregnancy has prepared me for parenthood at all. :D

It is crazy and exciting! I can't even comprehend it; one minute bubs isn't there, then he is. Your life will change sooooooo much. I don't even feel like pregnancy has prepared me for parenthood at all. :D

Totally!! I just keep focusing on my next hospital appointments & not realising one of these days I'll be leaving this hospital with a baby! :haha:

Ha I totally agree! If anything it's turned ME into a baby. I guess just dealing with life when you don't feel so hot...?

Lilly - What did the midwife say it feels like when the head engages? I was getting a lot of pain last night "down there" so was hoping something would happen but nope. Only six days left til the scan & more info. I'm wondering if I beg my consultant will she do my C section the same day - I very much doubt it but I actually sobbed getting out of the bed this morning :nope: I don't know what's going up with my bump. I take a picture every week but he seems to be moving up & down so I can't decide if he's dropped or not! And don't mention eBay - fellow addict here![/QUOTE]

She said it'd be like bad AF cramps and around your back too. Also a sharp pain that would "stop you in your tracks". Then the feeling of carrying a melon between your legs. But then she said that a lot of women don't actually notice. But the cramps shouldn't have any rhythm to them, just a constant pain I think. That night after i'd seen her I had the worst AF cramps and I was on all fours on the floor so i'm hoping that means she's engaged but i have no idea! Getting more and more Braxton Hicks now, we were out shopping today and I thought i was going into labour lol.

Sorry to post and run, will do a proper one tomorrow.

Qwerty - brilliant on the jobs - why wouldn't they want you? You'll do amazing!

She said it'd be like bad AF cramps and around your back too. Also a sharp pain that would "stop you in your tracks". Then the feeling of carrying a melon between your legs. But then she said that a lot of women don't actually notice. But the cramps shouldn't have any rhythm to them, just a constant pain I think. That night after i'd seen her I had the worst AF cramps and I was on all fours on the floor so i'm hoping that means she's engaged but i have no idea! Getting more and more Braxton Hicks now, we were out shopping today and I thought i was going into labour lol.

Sorry to post and run, will do a proper one tomorrow.

Qwerty - brilliant on the jobs - why wouldn't they want you? You'll do amazing!

That sounds like what I've been having!! Fingers crossed something happens soon! :happydance:

Thanks for the info! :hugs:

Morning ladies!

Qwerty - Awesome on the interviews!!! So excited for you! And OMG can you believe we have pineapples now??? I never thought I'd get to this point!

Karry - wow you are one strong momma. And only 2 weeks to go! I can't believe it.

Lilly - I hope your little one stays in there a bit longer. <3

AFM - I have met my "doing normal stuff" quota. This weekend was a friend's baby shower, and it was beautiful! Her and I are 3 days apart on our due date, it was so neat to spend this special day with her. Once I got home at about 5 the Hubby and I were off to a reggae concert. The weather here in Arizona is just perfect. It was all outside and a lot of our favorite bands were playing, it was so much fun...at first. The gates opened at 1pm we got there at 6pm so you can imagine how obliterated people were. I got bumped in the belly a few times, spilled on, and I could smell nothing but pot and cigarettes. WOW! It's amazing how much changes when they legalize pot. So I was moving around the crowd quite a bit trying to dodge it all. So we leave at 11:30pm and wake up the next to head out to an airshow. From parking to the airforce base was a 3 mile walk. It was hot out and there was no shade. My hands swelled up and I think I sweated off 10 lbs. I told my husband, NO MORE! I am done with doing all of this walking until after the baby is born. OMG. I am amazed I survived. HAHAH I guess I just didn't register that I can't do what I used to do. So I played hookie from work yesterday to rejuvinate and hydrate. WHEW! Maternity leave can not come fast enough.

Tee - sounds like you're doing far too much! Glad that you're taking things easier from now on though!

Getting some pretty intense pains "down there" today, if her head has possibly already engaged, can you still get the pains do you think?

Getting soooo tired doing normal things. Even getting off the sofa is a mission lol!

Can you all remember not being pregnant? I've been pregnant since last July which seems so long ago! I think, even though I moan, i'll miss being pregnant. Apparently in the days/weeks after the birth, it can feel like you're feeling kicks still but it's actually all our organs settling back into place. Isn't that cool?

Any news Karry on a date?

Lilly - I just brought that up to my DH last night. I said, it's going to be so weird after having the baby and not feeling all these little thumps. I am going to miss being pregnant, but I do miss sleeping comfortably more. LOL

I think after a year or so with Noah we'll go back for the 6 frozen embabies and try for another LO. Who would have thought that after 7 years of infertility I'd be so eager to keep making babies. LOL

Morning ladies!

Qwerty - Awesome on the interviews!!! So excited for you! And OMG can you believe we have pineapples now??? I never thought I'd get to this point!

Karry - wow you are one strong momma. And only 2 weeks to go! I can't believe it.

Lilly - I hope your little one stays in there a bit longer. <3

AFM - I have met my "doing normal stuff" quota. This weekend was a friend's baby shower, and it was beautiful! Her and I are 3 days apart on our due date, it was so neat to spend this special day with her. Once I got home at about 5 the Hubby and I were off to a reggae concert. The weather here in Arizona is just perfect. It was all outside and a lot of our favorite bands were playing, it was so much fun...at first. The gates opened at 1pm we got there at 6pm so you can imagine how obliterated people were. I got bumped in the belly a few times, spilled on, and I could smell nothing but pot and cigarettes. WOW! It's amazing how much changes when they legalize pot. So I was moving around the crowd quite a bit trying to dodge it all. So we leave at 11:30pm and wake up the next to head out to an airshow. From parking to the airforce base was a 3 mile walk. It was hot out and there was no shade. My hands swelled up and I think I sweated off 10 lbs. I told my husband, NO MORE! I am done with doing all of this walking until after the baby is born. OMG. I am amazed I survived. HAHAH I guess I just didn't register that I can't do what I used to do. So I played hookie from work yesterday to rejuvinate and hydrate. WHEW! Maternity leave can not come fast enough.

Ha - I am so impressed that you did all that "normal stuff"! Hope you're feeling hydrated and a bit rejuvenated now. I am jealous of your luxurious warmer weather. I thought shower was for you and was thinking of you last night if things were coming along better with your sis and mom. Seems like you and hubs have everything figured out together but hope that they are a positive part of your life now.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE PINEAPPLES!!!! that's actually a thing i can conceive of in my belly right now!

Lilly - I just brought that up to my DH last night. I said, it's going to be so weird after having the baby and not feeling all these little thumps. I am going to miss being pregnant, but I do miss sleeping comfortably more. LOL

I think after a year or so with Noah we'll go back for the 6 frozen embabies and try for another LO. Who would have thought that after 7 years of infertility I'd be so eager to keep making babies. LOL

Karry any updates?? Lilly hang in there!

Tee - this is our exact plan too. We've got 5 lil sibs in there... whenever we got to IKEA the clinic is right there and i wave :) it's kinda cool to think that we have nice young-ish eggs/sperms to use in our older-ish age.

Oh! Sorry for all the little posts!!

I got offered a position today - the Dean called. He wasn't thrilled with my request for deferred start date but will "think" about letting me start in January since next fall would be a no-go. I tried to put it in the perspective that I am not getting any FMLA because I am a new employee so I just want leave without pay that I would have gotten if baby came like, a few months later. Sigh. Will wait and see. So stressful because hubs has no options here but could find some part time work. Don't want that for him forever because he's so amazing and good at what he does and deserves full time position. So torn if I should turn it down and we try again together all over the country next year.

I love being preggo right now. Wish it were a little warmer :)

Qwerty - I can't believe I did all that normal stuff either. Now my mom mentions the Zoo and I'm like NO!!! Hahahah I just didn't think I'd have a problem with walking and standing, but omg!

The weather here is amazing, but sitting out in it with no shade is miserable. LOL And it was only in the 90's. Felt like 150! (pic of sunburn below)

It's so crazy to think our LOs are the sizes of pineapples. When I was getting my US the tech was explaining how the baby was sitting, his head it really low and he's laying more to the right and facing my left side. I keep trying to feel around but it's still so hard to think that he's that big! I just can't wait to see his precious little face.

Attachments

• sburn.jpg
    sburn.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
Oh! Sorry for all the little posts!!

I got offered a position today - the Dean called. He wasn't thrilled with my request for deferred start date but will "think" about letting me start in January since next fall would be a no-go. I tried to put it in the perspective that I am not getting any FMLA because I am a new employee so I just want leave without pay that I would have gotten if baby came like, a few months later. Sigh. Will wait and see. So stressful because hubs has no options here but could find some part time work. Don't want that for him forever because he's so amazing and good at what he does and deserves full time position. So torn if I should turn it down and we try again together all over the country next year.

I love being preggo right now. Wish it were a little warmer :)

Congrats on the offer. I hope it all works out for you and your hubby! I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!!:hugs:

Tee - I don't know where you're getting the "strong" part from but thanks! :blush: Fair play to you on all you got up to over the weekend - it would have killed me! And sounds like a good idea that you took a day off to recover.

Lilly - I would imagine that if her head is already engaged that you would still get pains if her head is engaging even more? :shrug: I will definitely miss the kicks & movements but can't wait to be able to get into bed on my own! :blush:

qwerty - That's great about the offer! Hope it all works out for you :hugs:

No date for me just yet - we'll find out on Friday morning. I'm excited but so nervous too! I think the plan is to go for C section if he doesn't come along on his own - I think I'd prefer to avoid induction. I don't want to freak anyone out but there has been a drug used in one of the maternity hospitals over here that has caused problems with some babies so definitely don't want that!! Crazy...

Morning ladies! I wanted to share a few more pics! My 31 week bump and our new dresser from my MIL! I'm getting really excited!

Anyone else waking up feeling like they partied all night? OMG! I went to bed at 8pm and I seriously feel like I was out drinking and dancing all night. LOL

Attachments

• 31 Weeks.jpg
    31 Weeks.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Nursery Dresser.jpg
    Nursery Dresser.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
I slept in the spare room as OH always wakes me up - if he's up he thinks I should be too, pfff - so he tiptoed past today and I didn't wake up 'til about half past ten! And that's only because I needed to use the bathroom. Every day, I'm yawning...we'll never sleep again, you know.

I got lucky last night and ended up sleeping on one side for nearly the whole night without waking up once! That was the first time I've slept for more than 4 hours straight. I'm usually up every hour or so switching sides. I've stopped drinking water past 6 or 7 pm so I don't wake up in the middle of the night, but being this far along I notice I am using the loo a lot more. 9 more weeks, I keep telling myself that. LOL

Ok - so any of you ladies getting scared yet? I got an overwhelming sense of fear and a little depression yesterday. It's not terrible, but I was thinking, OMG this is the end of doing whatever I want when I want. I can't just pick up and go to Vegas, or California or on a whim go to a late night concert during the week or even go out and get a pedicure when the hubby works late.

Then I thought, my morning work routine is going to change. I will need to get up so much more earlier to get the baby and myself ready for the day. Then I will have to find a trustful sitter. OMG, this is so insane. I know my hormones aren't helping. I cried eating my cereal this morning, and I have no idea why.

I just feel out of sorts today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->