Spring Babies

We've never done a nursery! :rofl:

Sorry that should read we're not doing a nursery lol. We did one for my son when he was about 6mo, but not for #2 and not for this one.

Well I use the term "nursery" quite loosely! It's a huge room so would be silly to have it as just the baby's room (we only have two bedrooms in our house) so i'm going to put a book case in there with a nursing chair/sofa and can use it to chill out myself! Not going to paint it pink or blue, just a nuetral colour so it's not too bright lol!

14 weeks today - yay!

YAY for 14 weeks!!! I can't wait to get there.

This is my first child so I am hoping for a nursery. My hubby and I live in a condo that we bought as our first place 7 years ago. We've since outgrown it and we are in definite need of a bigger place. We have a two bedroom so we're thinking about putting a lot of our workout equipment and collectibles in a storage unit. I do plan on keeping the baby in our room while I am on maternity leave, so we have about a year to do what we want.

I am printing out pictures for ideas and leaving them around the house so my hubby gets the hint lol.

So exciting planning for LO! My daughter has a room (though she hasn't used it yet) that we're converting to a home office for our business so we need to do some house reconfiguration. I think the kiddos might have to share a space until we can get a house with a 4th bedroom, or a separate office space. Also with #3 on the way, we actually need a new car as ours won't fit 2 carseats and an infant seat. So much to think about! :haha:

So exciting planning for LO! My daughter has a room (though she hasn't used it yet) that we're converting to a home office for our business so we need to do some house reconfiguration. I think the kiddos might have to share a space until we can get a house with a 4th bedroom, or a separate office space. Also with #3 on the way, we actually need a new car as ours won't fit 2 carseats and an infant seat. So much to think about! :haha:

That is how I am feeling about my first. We need a bigger house, I need a bigger car. I drive an 02 Chevy Camero. Those seats don't hold a car seat at all, and when I get bigger I'm not going to be able to reach the clutch.

I am sure there are other things that need to change that I haven't even thought of yet. So much!!!

Yes we were looking at squeezing a third car seat in the back of our Mazda 3 Sport, but unless we get a super-narrow one without a handle there's no way. And the handle on the infant seat is soooooo important lol! But the new house can wait a while - as long as they all have a cozy bed to sleep in I'm happy! :D

Well we did it. We made our first baby purchase! We found a crib from a lovely couple for 100.00! Total score for a 450.00 crib! I am so happy, this is the crib I've had my eye on, well this one and one other one. But I am a happy girl and I am hoping that this pushes my hubby into fixing up the spare room for the nursery.

ALSO, I bought a vaporizer. I was having problems sleeping because I couldn't breathe. Last night I actually was sleeping comfortably. And I would have slept through the night if it wasn't for my stomach going crazy. I was starving in the middle of the night! Has this happened with any of you in the first trimester? Does it happen often?

I hope everyone is doing well! <3

Oh, WOO HOOO I am 9 weeks today!

Excellent score for the crib!!!! :thumbup: Amazing!

Also I definitely have woken up hungry in 1st tri. Usually I get up and eat a piece of toast since I find it too distracting to sleep (plus it can make me nauseous if my stomach is empty). But it's nothing compared to breastfeeding! I used to keep a food stash (and water) beside the bad for when I was nursing since I would get so hungry I would feel like I was going to pass out! Maybe keep something small beside the bed?

Excellent score for the crib!!!! :thumbup: Amazing!

Also I definitely have woken up hungry in 1st tri. Usually I get up and eat a piece of toast since I find it too distracting to sleep (plus it can make me nauseous if my stomach is empty). But it's nothing compared to breastfeeding! I used to keep a food stash (and water) beside the bad for when I was nursing since I would get so hungry I would feel like I was going to pass out! Maybe keep something small beside the bed?

Thank you for that!!! I plan on breast feeding too, I had no idead that your appetite was still crazy even after giving birth. GREAT! ahahah

I was about to get up last night and nibble on something but I am so tired in the mornings and it's so hard for me to fall back asleep I just got through it. Sleeping on my side helped the pain in my stomach. But, man, I shouldn't make myself suffer. This pregnancy stuff is no joke! WHEW!

Hi everyone! I'm excited to join you! I'm 32 and DH is 33 and we're expecting our first. We did IVF after 2 years of unexplained infertility and our first shot worked! I'm still so scared every day... and like Tee I miss my every two week scans with RE. BUT it's great to be "normal" now :)

AFM my symptoms aren't too bad - just nauseous and no appetite at night and kinda wasted all day but not too bad. I keep waiting for things to get worse...

p.s. Tee I LOVE Flynn... my freshman counselor in college was named Flynn and he was so dreamy and smart :p i had such a crush on him.

YAY Qwerty!!! I'm glad you came in! :hugs:

I wish my appetite was a little less ravenous. I feel starving ALL the time but nothing sounds good. I'm eating a steamers bag of veggies with cheese sauce. YUM and I think I might have some cake after LOL

I LOVE the name Flynn. Flynn Timmons just has a really good ring to it!

Hello! I'm due May 20th, so excited! I had a miscarriage last year, so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that all goes well and that everything looks as it should at my first u/s on the 28th of this month.
I'm 33, and the hubby is 28. We've been working on the baby for about a year and a half around his deployments and my PCOS, so all in all, not too bad :). We just moved out to Oregon (where he's from) after his military commitment was up.
I'm about to go back and read everyone's posts, but have we already compared symptoms? I cannot believe how TIRED I am all the time!

TZ - I was constantly starving in the night in my first trimester. I had cereal at like 3 in the morning loads of times! I still have to have a bowl before bed now and then another no longer than half an hour after I get up!

Yay for buying the first purchase! Our first purchase was the day of the 12 week scan and we bought little romper suits saying "i love my mummy and daddy". I bought my first maternity coat the other day - got it from eBay and it was only £39!

I can not wait to start buying baby clothes and all that. I have my next appt. on the 30th to hear the heartbeat and I think after that we will start doing more. I will be 11 weeks then.

It really feels like the weeks are dragging along. I can't wait until 18 weeks, where I'm showing a little more and look pregnant and not fat and feel the baby move. OMG 9 more weeks!

Hi everyone. Had my first OB apt today and it was kinda a big letdown. Doc is nice and all but just kinda clueless. We just did a boobie exam and she listened to my lungs and heart and asked a million questions about family history. We will see some other random OB next apt and another random one after that... I'm used to university mass healthcare as I've been working or in school for so long but when you have to repeat your whole life story every time when all you want them to do is check out your baby is kinda blah. They also ordered a million blood tests and I asked if they were covered. She said yes but I see in the packet that they gave us that a few aren't so I wrote a kinda bitchy message saying to cancel any. We're talking about almost 1000 $ for random genetic things that we aren't really that worried about.

She didn't do pelvic exam or pap because I am still on progesterone and thought that might mess things up. I don't think I want a pap anyway right now... Any idea if this actually matters in pregnancy? If I have abnormal cells which I have had in the past I am not going to do anything about it until I am not pregnant anyway...

Sorry for long rant. Just miss being the princess :)

UPDATE doc took away tests that weren't covered after I messaged her

Tee, again, how cute is yr picture?! You don't look fat silly.

That's a good question about the pap/progesterone. I have my pap/ first u/s scheduled for 28 Oct, I'll be 11 weeks and still on progesterone. Hmm, if no one seems to know by then, I'll see what she says and will get back to you~

I feel like I am the ONLY IVF'er that isn't on Progesterone anymore. It's scares me. I still have no idea why I was taken off at 7 Weeks.

My first OB appointment was exactly the same Qwerty, but I go the full thing. LOL I always get so scared of the Pap results, because you really just have no idea what your body is doing. But everything came back great. Also, I had all my files and lab results sent over to my OB from my RE. So I don't have to do anymore blood work. WHAOO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->