Spring Babies

Tee do you know what they are looking for with the pap? besides HPV PCR test and irregular cells indicating precancerous lesions... i just don't understand why this is necessary when we're pregnant.

rikkitikki - how long have you been in your new place? how exciting! hope that you can take a rest from unpacking and renovating to have a baby :)

Tee do you know what they are looking for with the pap? besides HPV PCR test and irregular cells indicating precancerous lesions... i just don't understand why this is necessary when we're pregnant.

rikkitikki - how long have you been in your new place? how exciting! hope that you can take a rest from unpacking and renovating to have a baby :)

Qwerty: I've actually been here since mid August, and took about a week and a half to clean and unpack (because I'm OCD like that :wacko: )
So I was all moved in and settled down right around the time we conceived. :thumbup: luckily, no reno needed!
Now I DO get to take time to plan for baby around the full time job, and DH is AWESOME about helping out :)

Rikkitikki that sounds so great and like you guys did a lot of hard work right off the bat. We kinda did the same thing while I had to start work the day after moving here my husband was home for a month. It was so much fun and easier before you really have furniture and stuff.

So I've been really scared about losing baby. No reason, but it's the best thing in our lives right now and after trying so long I just don't know how I would deal with losing it. Anyhoo so I did buy a sonoline b Doppler and got it Friday night. Oh my goodness how rad. It's amazing. I've been in the best mood since Friday night because we found heartbeat :)

How are you all feeling? Looking forward to upcoming appointments?

Qwerty, I'm just like you... My sonoline b is due to deliver to my house tomorrow, no joke! I'm afraid of losing baby too after my miscarriage last year. Waiting on pins and needles until my appointment next Monday (the 28th). How difficult was it for you to find the heartbeat?

I don't know what i'd do without my doppler, i absolutely love it. I'll keep using it until baby starts moving around (which will hopefully be soon). I was really scared to use it at first because if it wasn't there i'd freak out but it could be because I wasn't using it right etc but now I know exactly where his/her little HB is and find it within 5 seconds of using it!

I can't wait to feel baby move about though. but the MW said I have an anterior placenta so the kicks might be cushioned by the placenta for a while :growlmad:

Qwerty, I'm just like you... My sonoline b is due to deliver to my house tomorrow, no joke! I'm afraid of losing baby too after my miscarriage last year. Waiting on pins and needles until my appointment next Monday (the 28th). How difficult was it for you to find the heartbeat?

YAY! I let my husband try first and hw couldn't find it after 3 min so then I tried (because he wanted to get his beer lol) and found it within maybe 2 min? Last night I tried again and took me a lot longer, like 4 or 5 min? It's really relaxing though, I didn't feel stressed that I wouldn't find it (at least yet - maybe after 15 or 20 min of not finding it I would) but I think there are just some days and times you can't easily pick it up. Internet says try full bladder, empty bladder, after eating before eating...

I found it like, RIGHT above my pubic bone center left.

Qwerty - no I think it is mainly for the STDs and HPV. (I just looked it up in my book lol)

How is everyone? Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. We got a new hire and we've been training.

AFM: I hit the 10 week mark yesterday and I'm beginning to feel a bit better, more like myself. I have my next OB appointment on the 30th. I can't wait to here my baby's heartbeat for the first time. It's been so long since I've had a scan or anything! I mean it's been a month, but it feels like MONTHS!

I hope you are all doing well!! <3

Tee good to hear from you! So excited for your scan next week. I am SUCH a spoiled lady... My sister is a vet and is visiting me this weekend and is bring along her mobile ultrasound unit. Se described the screen as goggles... Like google glass!? But will be able to pass them to me and my husband so we can get a little peek with her :)

Have my official scan nov 4. I still feel nauseous all afternoon and night and tired but not too bad. Got flu shot on Monday and was DESTROYED from that all day yesterday making work super hard.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Happy hump day!

Bleh, finally caved and went to see my doctor today, who prescribed me with antiemetics - can't take the vomiting any more, it's after every meal, no matter how small, and my throat's all sore and swollen.

OH is being a Grade A a-hole and is only bothered about the sex he's missing out on, forget about the fact I'm clutching the porcelain throne several times a day and have been for weeks. Today, I was talking about the coming changes ahead and plans for early parenting and all he could do was complain that he can't see him getting any sex and he can't live like that as he has a high sex drive. So, he basically stated his libido is more important than the baby. And when I take these pills which have a side effect of making me more tired, if even possible, he'll sulk that it's all in my head and I need to get off the sofa and do some exercise.

Phew, feel better for that rant. Looking forward to December scan when I can hopefully find out the gender as the suspense is unbearable! :)

Emma - no idea how you cope with your OH saying that! If my DH said anything like that it'd be WW3! It should be all about you and baby, and not his sexual needs. I mean, i realise they're not going to go away etc but he shouldn't say it to you!

Feeling good here, had my first pregnancy yoga class last night, it was more 90 mins of meditation and trying not to fall asleep but it was relaxing for me anyway lol!

16 weeks today and have felt a couple of flutters - can't wait for the 20 week scan on the 26th November - still 4.5 weeks away though! Bump is getting bigger and i'm loving my maternity pillow even more with each passing night lol. DH was stealing it a lot but now he's not got a chance in hell of getting it!

My stomach and boobs are SO itchy today though. I was just talking to someone in the office and had to apologise for just standing there, scratching away!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Qwerty - I am so jealous! I still can't believe I have to wait until mid december before my next scan. Next week is just the doppler.

Emma - I can't believe your OH said that! I really don't think the men undestand the feelings we are having and the changes our bodies are going through. Maybe you should get him the Expectant Father book so he has some idea.

I hope all you ladies are doing well! My friend told me the other day that I can probably feel the baby moving this early, said that it feels like gas and it can be confused with the flutters. So, I'm going crazy trying to feel that, even though I am pretty sure it's way too early. LOL

Qwerty - I am so jealous! I still can't believe I have to wait until mid december before my next scan. Next week is just the doppler.

Emma - I can't believe your OH said that! I really don't think the men undestand the feelings we are having and the changes our bodies are going through. Maybe you should get him the Expectant Father book so he has some idea.

I hope all you ladies are doing well! My friend told me the other day that I can probably feel the baby moving this early, said that it feels like gas and it can be confused with the flutters. So, I'm going crazy trying to feel that, even though I am pretty sure it's way too early. LOL

EEEEEEEEE! Really? That's so cool! I swear I thought I felt sometng in the middle of the night last night but definitely penned it up as gas lol. For me ... It probably was :)

My sister's ultrasound machine was so cool but nothing compared to the resolution we are used to. She found baby and let me husband see with the goggles first and then I did and we could see heart moving and maybe some limbs??? Still looked super blob-y. I guess I expected more definition at 10 weeks but a lot can happen before 12 weeks.

Tee, why do you have to wait for scan until you are 16 plus weeks? A least you get to hear heartbeat again :). I'm not trying to worry you but I thought 12 week scan was pretty standard with nuchal translucency and whatnot.

I have my first u/s today, eek! I haven't had luck with the sonoline b, so I've been waiting on pins and needles for today. I'm hoping all is good, I do have a retroverted uterus, AND I'm a bit overweight, I think even just one of those would make the doppler less effective.
Two hours till my appointment! :-=

ooo how exciting! Let us know how it goes!

Had our 16 week MW appointment today - she put the HB probe thing on my tummy and it came up straight away really loud and fast - I literally think I could listen to it all day. Only 4 weeks tomorrow until we find out whether it's a boy or a girl!

rikki so excited for you! let us know how it goes... best wishes.

The u/s went well! It actually surprised me to see something in there, and to see him/her dancing all over the place! :happydance:
She ended up dating me at 10 weeks, 2 days which means I'll need to update my ticker in a few...
I ended up leaving work early this afternoon because I was freaking out after the u/s (in a good way, just couldn't sit still...)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 4
Ah that's so cute! Do you feel loads better now you've had the scan?

what's your EDD now then?

Ah that's so cute! Do you feel loads better now you've had the scan?

what's your EDD now then?

Yes! I teared up a bit during the scan, that was unexpected (for me). My EDD is now 24 May next year, was looking at 20 May, glad I was close, but four more days to have to deal with first tri, ugh, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->