Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Marathon~ My fingers are tightly crossed!

Cheryl~ Haven't checked out the site lately but I'm waiting to purchase a couple of books from there. I need to plan for next year, I rarely have spending money by the end of the month. :blush: I should take advantage of at least one Black Friday in my lifetime. lol

:happydance: for your doppler's arrival and great job getting some baby items. :thumbup:

Aw it's amazing Hun I just put it on the credit card and worry when the bill comes in lol. Xx

Yay for your Doppler Cheryl :happydance:

Marathongirl brought hers over for me to try the other day. What fun! I'm keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a used one.

My midwife is on vacation but I spoke to one of her partners yesterday and am going for the GD test this morning. I hope I'm wrong.

Hmm, maybe I should just apply for a credit card. ;)

Kat~ Glad you enjoyed Marathon's doppler. :) My thoughts are with you today, good luck and keep us posted. xx

Yay for your Doppler Cheryl!! Isn't it grreat! So jealous of your new stuff!

Pink- I'm with you, I can't really afford anything right now and I have a credit card! It's just already at it's limit!

Rainkat-please let us know how it went today? Thinking about you.
AFM- realy tired today for some reason? Just about finished at work and then can home and relax!!

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the results but I will tell you that test is truly awful. It involves fasting for 10 hours, taking a fasting blood sugar, drinking a disgusting room temperature glucose syrup then having more blood drawn after 1 hour and again after 2 hours. I wasn't allowed to leave the lab because they don't want you to burn any energy during the test.

I found out after waiting 20 minutes for my turn the first lab I went to only had a flavour of syrup I am allergic to so I had to drive to a second lab. I ended up not starting the test until 9:30am. Fasting and pregnancy do not mix. I still feel rotten.

Fingers crossed it all comes back clear [-o<

Rainkat: Good luck, hun! I know that test is awful. I did the 1 hr and 3 hr. :( I ended up with GD, but its not as bad as I had thought. I don't like being high risk. But, I control with low carb diet and checking my glucose three times a day.

Thank you leinzlove!

My dad has type 1 Diabetes and I've grown up watching him manage it. It's good to know that GD doesn't have to be as intense as his routine. I think I hear stories like Dodgerlove and that's what I picture. I'm really hoping if I do have it I can keep it controlled without insulin so I can still plan a homebirth. Insulin controlled diabetes is one of the conditions that requires a hospital birth here.

On to bigger and brighter things. We have scans coming up :happydance:
And I'm not a stinky onion anymore :haha:

Happy Thanksgiving to the US folks!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

I DON'T HAVE GD!!! I have never been so happy to get a negative test!

My midwife thinks it might be a good idea to test again later on but for now I am good :cloud9:

Hope everyone else is having a great day too :)

Yay rainkat that's awesome news!!! Amazeballs lol!!!

Cheryl - yay for Doppler!!! And new baby stuff. How are you finding the Doppler?

How is everyone? We need more scan pics lol!!!

Woohooo Kat, very very happy for you!!!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Dani! :)

Bailey~ I'll post my scan pics one week from today!! :happydance:

Maybe it's the turkey talking but I feel more positive today and have a lot more hope that all is well in there. Gummy bear has been kicking up a storm and I actually got to feel it on the outside for the first time today. :cloud9:

Yeh rainkat so happy for u...xx

Bailey 4 sleeps till mines xx

Pinkorblue yeh for feeling kicks Hun xxc

Pinkorblue - yay for those movements!! Awesome isnt it?? I keep getting df to put his hand on my bump when I feel her and he says he cant feel it yet!! To me it feels so strong lol!! And yay for scan in a week!!

Cheryl - oooh 4 sleeps yay!!! Cant wait!! I followed your lead and got some stuff from amazon black friday. I got a baby bath, bottles, breast pads and something else that I cant remember now coz I was going click happy haha!

I went shopping today with a preggo friend who I havent seen for ages (strange how friendships grow and change when you get married and pregnant etc). We went to get some maternity clothes, but got very annoyed because every single shop has basically taken all the maternity clothes away to make room for the christmas party outfits!!! I was so annoyed coz it basically makes me feel like people just arent supposed to be pregnant this time of year coz its party season! So I went online and theres virtually nothing online too that doesnt cost the earth! Its making me sad that I cant look good and show off my bump in nice clothes, anyone else having this problem??

Aw amazon was great.. I'm going to get some stuff in a few wks when I'm bigger cos I just feel too small for maternity clothes yet I'm just wearing my leggings with jumper dresses I hav the now xxxx

Bailey~ Yes it is! Sorry your DF isn't able to feel Millie yet, he's not alone though. DH can't feel gummy bear either, not much longer before they will though. :) Sorry about your shopping experience with your friend, frustrating isn't it? :/ I can relate as far as expenses of maternity, for us online prices pretty much match the maternity shops. I've been lucky at times to come when there's a sale but I'm not one to spend a ton on clothing as it is. I mean, $40 for a pair of maternity leggings?? :hugs: I hope you find something nice you can buy.

Have fun shopping in a few weeks, Cheryl! :)

I have just found new look online have some nice stuff and an amazing black and white 50s style polka dot maternity dress that I really badly want to get but dont know if I can justify it seen as its winter!! I may wear it a couple of times over xmas but then its still gonna be cold weather til Millie's due date so probably wont wear it again!! And the same shop have a santa baby t-shirt and a new york skyline one that are 2 for £15 but I dont wan to keep spending loads of money lol!!! Should I get the dress or not??
This is the dress

https://www.newlook.com/shop/matern...-polka-dot-dress_268749409?productFind=search

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->