Starting clomid in February... buddies?

Hey ladies! I finished my Clomid yesterday morning and am on CD 10. I have had no side effects. I'm only on 50mg, so I hope that it is doing the trick. I started OPKs while I was taking my Clomid (I know that you aren't supposed to test until three days after you are done with the medicine because Clomid could give you a false positive). I haven't had any positives at all (ever). I've been using internet cheapies, and also picked up the Clearblue Digital. Today I used them with the same urine sample. Look at this difference! I would consider the IC to be positive!!! It's the most positive one I've ever had. My CB digital was negative (I got the kind with the solid smiley, flashing smiley, or empty circle). It had an empty circle. When I ejected the test, I looked at the lines. SUCH a difference. So, I'm not sure if I am ovulating or not.

With the IC, it DID take a while to show up. It started out barely there but about 10 minutes later, it looked like that. I took a picture to compare the two.

What do you all think? I HAVE been seeing some EWCM (yesterday). More than usual. When I woke up this morning, I actually felt extremely damp (sorry for TMI) from the EWCM. I'm thinking that I should BD today anyway, just in case! I also had some mild cramps on the location of my right ovary, but they were subtle. I wasn't sure if they were ovulation cramps or just my body being weird.

CB on top and IC on the bottom. I'm more inclined to trust the CB, because I've had some pretty dark IC's and not ovulated. But they've never been that dark.

https://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/BornToRide14/IMG_20160221_145220.jpg

Ashley how many DPO are you? I've stocked up on internet cheapies to test like crazy. I feel like this is going to be our month! I had headache one day not sure if it was from clomid or not. Also I was very emotional yesterday. I haven't taken today's pill and I have one more tomorrow.

Brandi I'm just a couple days behind you. I'm glad you said that about false positive opks my dr didn't warn me. That IC looks positive! I would definitely BD today. Are you going to test in another 12 hours. I'm wondering if the other will give you a positive a few hours later. I'm doing follicle tracking and my dr told me NOT to get the digital smiley ones. Not sure why ill check tomorrow . Going in to get my results from surgery.

Dogmom I'm glad we are right in it together! What is your dosage again? We BD'd to be safe. Interesting about the smiley ones. Let me know what you find out!!!!!!! Good luck!

This will be my first round of Clomid (as soon as AF) shows up. How are the side effects mamas????

I know how you feel everyone is popping them out around me and my husband and it is getting awkward for everyone as they don't know how to act around us when the baby stories start I've even become a great aunt in the last couple of days too which is crazy considering I've not had my own yet me and my Dh have already decided that if all this fertility stuff doesn't work this year then we're starting adoption next year as we don't want to get too old to start with that xx

I always say any so and so can make a baby but it's the person who brings them up and gives them there memories and life lessons that is the real parent.

I've just had my last Clomid pill it's my second round of Clomid and so far I've had no side effects at all get little hot flushes but nothing major and get a little emotional but that's all. I'm still waiting for date to come through for my follicle tracking and fertility clinic so we shall see what that brings this month. I've already started OPKS as I reckon Clomid made me O really early as NY cycle has definitely shortened xx

Hi ladies! I'm due to start clomid cycle #1 this week. 100mg CD3-7. Did you find it changed your regular ovulation day? Earlier or later?

Dogmommy- I am on CD27. I really don't know when I ovulated (I have stopped paying attention to all that). Some months it was like I O'ed on CD10, some cycles it was CD14 or 17. Acupuncture has moved my O days around so I don't know when I O'ed. My cycles are 30-32 days so I am just waiting for AF to show this week.

Angela- HUGS! I am glad you understand my pain! I'm in a weird position. I am experiencing secondary infertility, so my husband thinks I "shouldn't be upset" because I already have 2 kids. (Who are not his). All our tests have been fine.

I'm nervous to start the clomid, as I see you can get side effects like being moody or emotional? LOL I have C-PTSD (Complex Post traumatic stress disorder) So I am already crazy enough. My poor husband hahahah!!!!

Vankiwi- HI!!!!!! Sorry I don't know anything about the clomid but I didn't want to not stop and say hi!!!!

Dogmommy....I am not going to test at all I will just temp and it looks pretty good so far.

Ashley....Fx you get a pos soon.

Brandi91...any pos should be taken advantage of. I'm glad to see that you bd after that unsure but in my opinion pos opk test.

Vankiwi.....best of everything in your 1st rnd of clomid. My side effects was minor a few sec of cold sweat every other day or so and that was it, no weight gain nothing.

Ladies just make sure drink a lot of water that helps alot.

Afm I got my second temp increase this morning, one more to go to confirm that I o. I am so anxious to start my tww.

Lots of baby dust to you all.

Btw my cycle is usually 29 or 30 day and I O about the CD16 or 17 so no clomid did not change anything for me and I did not get a false pos and I've been testing since CD10. My clues during what I was calling O was pain on both sides of my ovaries, tender during intercourse and backache. I hope this helps because everyone has different reaction to clomid. Some side effects I read about was very discouraging and I had doubts about clomid for myself, but I guess you have to experience it for yourself to see what works for you.

Thanks ladies!

Mocha great reminder about the water, I'd read that a while ago but had forgotten!

Ashley all our tests have been fine too - hoping we get lucky with clomid!

Hello ladies I am so excited!! I had my 3rd temp shift today and I am currently 3DPO!! My temp jumped from 96 all the way up to 98 in the three days with no hesitation. My next count down is to implantation which should be in a few days. I try to do it like this so the 2ww doesn't seem so long, drawn out and depressing. I'm trying so hard to stay pos on this since it is my first cycle on clomid. Fx we all catch an egg a sticky egg that is, this cycle.

Congrats, Mocha!!!!

That is so exciting! I like how you break up the 2ww!

I retested with the CB digital OPK this morning, and still a complete negative. Also used a different brand than yesterday of dip test, and it was super negative. Wondering if my positive was just a fluke.

FX for you mocha 2 that you get your sticky egg xx

Vickiwi Clomid has shortened my cycle it went from 32 days to 26 days and made me O early x

I've finished my Clomid which has made me feel lethargic this time around and started Opks yesterday which are negative yet, also got my date through for follicle tracking which is on 03Rd March which I'm excited about wish me luck xx

Brandi I'm on 50mg this cycle. I don't think he will increase it for me as I did have a borderline average progesterone level. At my appt today he said that he prefers the line ones. He didn't really give me any explanation but he stressed that I take it between noon and 2pm starting Cd 11 but I have already started them. I got a negative yesterday. I will do another today in a few hours Cd 9 today. Tomorrow going to start Bding every other day until we get a positive Opk.
I do have to do follicle tracking ultrasound on Friday unless I get a positive Opk before then.

Hi vankiwi! It's my first cycle with clomid. My cycles are usually 29-32 days so I'm hoping it does shorten it so the 2 week wait will start a few days sooner bc it's a long wait!

Ashley I didn't mean to freak out about my emotional roller coaster. I'm on my last day and I'm feeling much better today! Maybe you won't need the clomid:winkwink:

Mocha that's exciting! Fingers crossed you catch it!

Angela yay for your upcoming follicle scan!! Can't wait to see how it goes for you.

Just a little something for you ladies. Have any of you ever seen "The Great Sperm Race" if you haven't go ahead and treat yourself youtube video part 1-6. You will enjoy it. This is just to get your mind off things for a little and tell me what you all think. It still has to do with fertility so why not? :)

Just wanted to give you ladies an update....

My bbt went from a 97.6 over the last few days to a 97.9 this morning. But, I was hot when I woke up. I'm also not sure how accurate it is because I always have to take it at a different time (my puppy wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out, so I just take it when I first wake up). Rather than 2 AM, it was about 6 when I took it.

I'm noticing a slight headache and some very minor dizziness, but that could be from being tired. If they are side effects, they came after finishing the Clomid.

I don't think I've ovulated yet. It's just too early. I was clomid 5-9, and I'm only CD11.

Just wanted to give you ladies an update....

My bbt went from a 97.6 over the last few days to a 97.9 this morning. But, I was hot when I woke up. I'm also not sure how accurate it is because I always have to take it at a different time (my puppy wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out, so I just take it when I first wake up). Rather than 2 AM, it was about 6 when I took it.

I'm noticing a slight headache and some very minor dizziness, but that could be from being tired. If they are side effects, they came after finishing the Clomid.

I don't think I've ovulated yet. It's just too early. I was clomid 5-9, and I'm only CD11.

Brandi.....do you have a set time in the morning with at least 3hrs of sleep to take temp? I use to take it at 4am because that's the time I had to rise but now I just set my alarm for 5am since my wake time changed again and it was still good with the hr difference. Are you using ff to track your cycle? That is what I use and it is spot on maybe a day difference on or after cycle due date but nothing to cause any problem. Just keep taking your temp the best you can before o, low temp estrogen after o, high temp progesterone.

I don't remember if you said u had pcos because that does give you rocky temp at times and that's why they want you to temp for a few cycles so you can start seeing and understanding the difference.

Remember the follicle grows about 1-2mm a day after af and a mature follicle would be about 19-21mm so keep testing and give your eggs time to grow and don't stop taking you temp.

So I'm probably over thinking it but I tried to drink a lot of water today but I went to do an opk and my tmi but my urine was so clear. Could too much water be bad for detecting the LH??? I don't temp bc I tried so many times and I just mess it up every time. And I've always been able to confirm with opks.

Dogmommy... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there was a forum on babyandbump, she tried lots of liquid early in the morning and the line was faded and stop drinking for a few hours and the line was darker. On a good note they alway day to test later in the day to get a better pos and any doctor would tell you that staying hydrated helps with CM and isn't that what we need to bd during O?

Mocha, I do have PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own or have periods naturally whatsoever :nope:

I will definitely keep testing and temping. I guess we will just see... :)

How is everybody else doing?

Mocha I will remember that tomorrow. I'm on CD 9 so I'm sure it was too early to be positive anyway. The earliest I've ever Od was cd16. But this is my first round with clomid so I'm wondering if it will come earlier. I don't have any signs yet. I started watching the great sperm race it's so interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->