• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

step parents support thread

:cry: We didnt get SS after all..

Oh that woman is only alive because I wouldnt do time over her!!!
:growlmad:

ok... have ss tomorow for 2 nights. Leo is in the room again so hoping its all ok.
Iv got major cramps and sickness/diarrhea and am not in the mood for any drama so I have 3 books to read in bed :thumbup:

Going to have to have a discussion with SS on saturday as to why there was pee on the floor all around the toilet after he left last sunday.......should be interesting. No doubt HE didn't do it - as usual!! :growlmad:

Ahhh pee on the floor.... my 7 year old still has to be reminded to concentrate on where it's pointing :dohh:

:hugs: Inge I hope things go as smoothly as possible, and that you feel better soon!

xx

Ahhh pee on the floor.... my 7 year old still has to be reminded to concentrate on where it's pointing :dohh:

:hugs: Inge I hope things go as smoothly as possible, and that you feel better soon!

xx

My SS is 7 too - he's just being hard work at the moment. :wacko:

xx

Yeah they can be at times! It's easier when the kids are settled, which is obviously a challenge when exes make things so darned difficult! Going back to your post about bedtimes and things, I have to say I agree with you that the lax attitude your DH seems to have is not good, and this can impact all sorts of other things. No idea what to suggest though cos if your DH is anything like mine he won't hear of anything he sees as criticism of how he deals with the children. It always comes back to them wanting to make the limited time they have with our SSs as fun and cool as they can, which in reality just leads to problems cos of lack of rules.

It's so tough!

xx

xx

Yeah they can be at times! It's easier when the kids are settled, which is obviously a challenge when exes make things so darned difficult! Going back to your post about bedtimes and things, I have to say I agree with you that the lax attitude your DH seems to have is not good, and this can impact all sorts of other things. No idea what to suggest though cos if your DH is anything like mine he won't hear of anything he sees as criticism of how he deals with the children. It always comes back to them wanting to make the limited time they have with our SSs as fun and cool as they can, which in reality just leads to problems cos of lack of rules.

It's so tough!

xx

Yep - sounds like our OH's are of the same mindset! Anything I say about SS in a remotely negative way is dismissed as me criticising either SS or DH?!?

I just know if it carries on like this we are going to have a very hard to deal with teenager on our hands and a little girl who feels very hard done to as she gets told off for doing things she shouldn't whilst SS seems to get off scot free?!?! :growlmad:

Girls we have court this coming Tuesday. Please think of us this week if you pray or whatever it is you do. We need all the help we can get, and I certainly need all the patience in the world I can get. This woman just makes my blood boil. We are hoping to have the access times changed to suit hubbys new work schedule. Which, I might add BM said "well if you cant see your son when your supposed to you shouldnt have taken the job!" Is the for REAL??

I can no longer work due to complications in the pregnancy, we've got ourselves, and SS and 1 on the way to support. My husband WORKS unlike a lot of men who allow the government to pay for their kids, and she has the damn cheek to tell him he shouldnt have taken the job if he cant see his kid till a 30 mins later than the "agreed" time... Lord help me I need patience to be in the same room as this so called "mother".

We're supposed to have SS from 6-9 tomorrow night... Lets see how this goes.... :shrug:

:hugs: TheNewMrs. I hope things go well on Tuesday, I will be thinking of you.

Lownthwaite yep totally! It's so hard isn't it. I am a firm believer in same rules for all the kids (obviously with some differences because of different ages) but it can be almost impossible to achieve! DH is getting better about it over time though so I don't feel like I am fighting such a futile battle, but still the frustration sometimes gets me!

:hugs: TheNewMrs. I hope things go well on Tuesday, I will be thinking of you.

Lownthwaite yep totally! It's so hard isn't it. I am a firm believer in same rules for all the kids (obviously with some differences because of different ages) but it can be almost impossible to achieve! DH is getting better about it over time though so I don't feel like I am fighting such a futile battle, but still the frustration sometimes gets me!

Well SS has been a right pain today. :growlmad: Went out for pub tea and he was climbing under the tables with his cousins and shouting and screaming. The he knocked all his drink all over the table when I had already asked him twice to watch where he was waving his arms! :growlmad:

DH told me to stop "picking on him" and SIL said I was mean?!?!? :growlmad::wacko::shrug: I also had to pull SIL up on swearing infront of my LO which she does everytime she is around us - it's really starting to get to me how little respect she has for both me and my LO!! Although how she speaks to her own daughter leaves alot to be desired! :growlmad:

I would be appauled if LO behaved like SS did today in a public place where she was meant to be eating a meal! I feel like I just can't win! People were looking over (pub was full cause of the football) and it was embarrasing! I don't want people looking at me thinking either I don't care what my children do or that I'm a bad parent!! :nope::cry:

:hugs: cowboys angel

Yea Lownthwaite it's a nightmare feeling like people are judging your parenting of a child you are practically banned from doing any form of discipline with. IDK what to suggest really as a child won't be able to sit nicely and behave in a busy and loud pub if they aren't expected to at home etc. My kids do have to be reminded to mind their drinks and things, I don't think that's unusual for kids. But climbing all about the tables is not really acceptable... were the cousins being told not to do it or were they just being allowed to get away with it? Because I can see how problems could arise if your SS was the only one being told off for it. It's crap when in the company of people who don't control their kids and then the kids you're in charge of want to do the same as them...

All the best everyone!

:hugs: cowboys angel

Yea Lownthwaite it's a nightmare feeling like people are judging your parenting of a child you are practically banned from doing any form of discipline with. IDK what to suggest really as a child won't be able to sit nicely and behave in a busy and loud pub if they aren't expected to at home etc. My kids do have to be reminded to mind their drinks and things, I don't think that's unusual for kids. But climbing all about the tables is not really acceptable... were the cousins being told not to do it or were they just being allowed to get away with it? Because I can see how problems could arise if your SS was the only one being told off for it. It's crap when in the company of people who don't control their kids and then the kids you're in charge of want to do the same as them...

All the best everyone!

Some of the other kids were being told to behave, calm down etc but others weren't - it was very inconsistant. :wacko:

As I say, SIL's parenting is the total opposite to mine. The way she speaks to her daughter is, quite frankly, disgusting. Openly swearing at her - it makes me sick. :growlmad:

I just feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle most of the time and I think I'm starting to loose the effort to care anymore. :nope:

*sigh* We're still waiting on CPS to show up. Cleaned our apartment hard core with hubby's help, hasn't been this clean since we moved in :haha:. Until more is resolved I don't want to put a lot of info on the internet, but we continue to need prayers and support. This is a hard time for all of us right now.

*sigh* We're still waiting on CPS to show up. Cleaned our apartment hard core with hubby's help, hasn't been this clean since we moved in :haha:. Until more is resolved I don't want to put a lot of info on the internet, but we continue to need prayers and support. This is a hard time for all of us right now.

I have everything crossed for you hunni, :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"