Stopped BCP & TTC! Whos with me?!

Mimi - First, welcome! Secondly, it's hard to tell. Everyone is different coming off of BCP. In my case it took 40 days before I got my next period, and several months to level out afterwards. But I was on it for a much longer time. Some women do spot afterwards, especially if you have low progesterone (which would be possible if your body is trying to adjust to having to make it's own hormones again). You mentioned spotting at ovulation, how did you confirm ovulation?

Flueky - Yep, got my + yesterday!! :) Not sure yet if I O'd today, but today's temp was down a little. Going to see what tomorrow's temp does. :)

Good morning ladies
Hubby and I have started our BD marathon. We decided to just bd every other day until fertile cm and then everyday until temp drops and then the day after.. This month for sure won't be for lack of trying.

Gagrlinpitt good luck. Yeah if it doesn't happen there was nothing more you guys could do :)

Just got back from my US. The nurse said there's a lot of fluid around my ovaries, so I definitely have ovulated. :happydance: (not sure why that's so exciting, i know that I do ovulate). I was unsure because of my temp this morning - I had a horrible night sleep and didn't get more than a couple hours of sleep max. :( My lining looks good, measures at 8.5, and I guess they want something >8 so that's also good. I go back in next week Monday for blood draw for progesterone and then make an appointment to meet with the dr to go over all the results from this month's data.

I'm thinking I must have just recently Ovulated because there was a lot of fluid around the ovary. At first she said "oh there's a little fluid you might have ovulated" and then got a better angle and said "oh yeah, there's a ton of fluid there, you've definitely ovulated". But I don't know that for sure. I should have asked if they can tell how long ago the ovulation was based on the fluid amount.

Nurse also gave us "homework". Since we BD yesterday she said to BD again tomorrow, and then 36-48 hours later again. Not sure why 48 hours from tomorrow because I'm pretty sure since I already O'd the egg won't be viable at that point but.... okay.

GaGrl - Good luck! That's a good plan, and if you can stick to it then you definitely gave it everything you could for this month! :)

Just got back from my US. The nurse said there's a lot of fluid around my ovaries, so I definitely have ovulated. :happydance: (not sure why that's so exciting, i know that I do ovulate). I was unsure because of my temp this morning - I had a horrible night sleep and didn't get more than a couple hours of sleep max. :( My lining looks good, measures at 8.5, and I guess they want something >8 so that's also good. I go back in next week Monday for blood draw for progesterone and then make an appointment to meet with the dr to go over all the results from this month's data.

I'm thinking I must have just recently Ovulated because there was a lot of fluid around the ovary. At first she said "oh there's a little fluid you might have ovulated" and then got a better angle and said "oh yeah, there's a ton of fluid there, you've definitely ovulated". But I don't know that for sure. I should have asked if they can tell how long ago the ovulation was based on the fluid amount.

Nurse also gave us "homework". Since we BD yesterday she said to BD again tomorrow, and then 36-48 hours later again. Not sure why 48 hours from tomorrow because I'm pretty sure since I already O'd the egg won't be viable at that point but.... okay.

GaGrl - Good luck! That's a good plan, and if you can stick to it then you definitely gave it everything you could for this month! :)

Eeeee I'm so excited for you!!!

Angel, I see an open circle for your temp today. Also that's awesome about the ultrasound. I think your lining continues to build during LP so I'm sure your lining will be perfect when time to implant since it's still in range right at O time.

AFM, I'm having my stable pattern that I typically have for 9 days before O. Nor sure if coincidence or not. I haven't checked cm or started opks. Feeling like a slacker this cycle. If I see ewcm I will do opk. Just being relaxed about things. Well I'm not coming on as often as before so I may pop in a bit less but I will read and post when I have time. Good luck everyone :)

Angel, I see an open circle for your temp today. Also that's awesome about the ultrasound. I think your lining continues to build during LP so I'm sure your lining will be perfect when time to implant since it's still in range right at O time.

AFM, I'm having my stable pattern that I typically have for 9 days before O. Nor sure if coincidence or not. I haven't checked cm or started opks. Feeling like a slacker this cycle. If I see ewcm I will do opk. Just being relaxed about things. Well I'm not coming on as often as before so I may pop in a bit less but I will read and post when I have time. Good luck everyone :)
Flueky- I feel the same way this cycle. I've been a bit laxed on temp, even forgetting when I open my eyes until I turn over and see my thermometer on my nightstand. I have been very laxed this cycle and I'm not really that concerned about it. I just found out two more of my friends are pregnant right now.. That's eleven people I knew who are pregnant and I don't want to become one of those people who resent everything because it's happening for "everyone else".

I'm really glad that I had that dr appointment and that they confirmed I ovulated because my temps make me think otherwise. They are rising very very slowly (as in not really rising), and they never dropped as far as they usually do at O, so if I was looking just at temps I'd be stressed out. I am much calmer about this cycle knowing that I did, indeed, O.

I'm really stressing out right now about my final research project for my graduate program. I'm gathering data on my classroom regarding "classrom discourse" and we have to write a paper on it. Right now my paper is something like 24 pages long and I don't even have my data, my results, my analysis or discussion done. This is just for the literature review portion and my methods section! :dohh: I asked my advisor to read over my methods section agian because last time she said it needed a lot of work and I made some changes and thought it was better and she just sent it back with a ton of comments for changes. :wacko: I have to be ready to present it before a committee May 27th, which means I have to finish the paper and put together a presentation a week or two before that. I'm starting to freak out!

Flueky - maybe being more relaxed this cycle will be good. I didn't start OPKs this cycle until I saw EWcm, and that was really nice not to stress about it. I'm glad i stopped doing the advanced CB Digi's and just stuck to the cheapies (though I did go buy some regular digi's to confirm because I like that smiley face :haha: ), but I didn't feel like I was constantly stressing about having to remember to test first thing in the morning etc.

Gagrl - 11 people who are pregnant? Holy cow that's a lot of pregnant people! I'm trying not to be resentful too.

Hey ladies just wanted to check in.

GL to all who are in their fertile period or getting ready for it!

Flueky- i wasn't doing opks or paying attention to when we bd'ed and that's the cycle I got pregnant, so it definitely helps being less stressed about the whole process.

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow - I'll be 7w6d and DH and I are soooo excited! I'll post an update afterwards.

Fx and baby dust to you all!!

Angel- that's so interesting about the fluid, and so happy you did ovulate! Your lining is also great!! When I had amenorrhea after the pill my lining was at a 4! :-/

Flukey- maybe being relaxed will do the trick? Are you full time now?

Gagarlin- good luck to you too!! It's hard not to be resentful when you're TTC.. I had a hard time with it when I was trying. I think it's awesome that you aren't being resentful, and your time is right around the corner!

ABMommy- good luck tomorrow!! Let us know how the US goes!

AFM I'm 22.5 weeks now. I've got a cold so I left work early.. I'll be glad when I can breathe again!

Angel- yeah 11.. Seems like weekly that number grows.

Aj- I don't ever want to be resentful because I know our time will come. We have a bunch on our plate right now with my FIL still in the hospital so that could be why it's not happening for us yet, maybe God felt last month wasn't the right time.

Gagrlinpitt 11 people is a ton of women to know pregnant at one time. Yeah I feel much more confident about that fact that I do O and I just want to take some stress out of ttc. It can only be good.

Angel, oh lord 24 page paper. Ugh, seriously that sounds awful. I know stuff like that is worth it in the end but I hate writing papers. Oh and yes I love seeing that Smiley on the regular digital opk. I do the same thing!

ABmommy, I can't wait to hear about your scan tomorrow. Ah, I feel like it was yesterday we found out about your bfp!

AJangel, it's flying by, you are over halfway there!! I'm sorry you have a cold. I hate being ill :( Oh and yes I'm full time at the moment. It's us a dream to be prn, but we may figure something out.

I am pretty sure I'm getting pneumonia or bronchitis (or both!) again. :cry: I'm wheezing, coughing, my chest is rattling horribly, and my asthma is off the wall. My steroid inhaler is not helping, and in order to sleep I have to do a nebulizer treatment before bed and that only gets me through about half the night. The last 2 nights I have resorted to taking some of my left over cough syrup (with codine) from the last time I Had pneumonia just so I can get through the whole night. :( I don't know if it's allergies or what, but this is insane. It's been a long time since I've had this many lung and asthma problems in the same year. :(

Have a good time ElleT!! :)

Flueky Oh yeah my paper is up to 35 pages now. :( It's probably going to be close to 100 by the time I'm done. I'm ready to rip my hair out with it all. Plus I have a section due today that I'm not even close to finishing because 1) I haven't finished gathering all my data and 2) I've been sick and haven't had the energy to spend hours writing. :( I'm contemplating taking a day off work just to work on this, but the problem is that I keep having to take half days off for all these RE appointments and I'm afraid of running out of sick leave!

I've been a bit Mia the last few days.. Still at the hospital with my FIL

Angel, I think that you should go to Dr or urgent care as soon as possible. You have to take care of yourself. Get it taken care of before it gets more severe. :hugs: I hope you will feel better soon.

Gagrlinpitt sorry to hear FIL is still in hospital. How are you doing?

I went to the walk in clinic associated with my dr clinic today. The dr there THINKS it's allergies, I'm new(ish) to the area so we aren't sure if I have allergies here but it's apparently a bad year for allergies. He gave em a steroid shot in the butt (OMG It hurst so bad!!!!) and a neb treatment. He prescribed a week of steroids but said to call the RE first and make sure it's okay since I've already ovulated this month and said to see my regular doctor for a followup in a week or two.

I'm not convincd it's allergies but we'll see how I do in the next few hours. I'm still coughing and wheezing some and that shouldn't be happening after a steroid shot and nebulizer treatment. I am taking time off work tomorrow though to rest.

Gagrl - sorry about FIL. How long will he be in the hospital?

Flueky - how are you doing?

Angel, it doesn't sound like allergies to me, I could be wrong. Well, if not feeling better soon definitely follow up. Sorry the shot hurt :( Oh I'm not doing too bad right now. We are dishwasher shopping this weekend unexpectedly. Oh well, come on start of stainless steel appliances :happydance: the house came with white appliances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->