Stopping BCP to TTC***Updates & Progress/Noted Changes Since Stopping BCP***24BFPs***

Feeling crap today. I'm pretty sure I still haven't ovulated, and currently my cervix is high and firm (as a rock!!) and my CM is creamy, so no sign of ovulation any time soon.

FF thought I ovulated 14 days ago after my first charted patch of EWCM.... but I had no + OPK's. The temp increase afterwards I put down to catching a stinking cold, but held out some hope as my temps stayed over the coverline ever since.... apart from this morning when it dropped back down again. I've since had 2 BFN's. So I guess I didn't even ovulate. So, CD62 post birth control and still no ovulation!

Wtbam- Maybe I missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, but just so I understand, you haven't had AF since you stopped taking your BCP? I Have read online it can take a while. Have you talked to your doctor yet?

Hi Linds,

I took my last pill of Dianette on Dec 2nd 2013... I then had the normal withdrawal bleed 3 days later which lasted 5 days... then nothing!

I spoke to the Dr, they said to come back if AF hadn't arrived by March 1st. But this is limbo. I can't stop charting because I will then worry when AF arrives (if she does) that I haven't ovulated, but charting is making me crazy!

I came off BCP in April, had a withdrawl bleed and then nothing until August (CD117) then i went another 6 months with no period (CD159, finally had a "light period"). It def did not feel like my periods before birth control.
My OB says I don't have PCOS (not sure how she knows without testing???), labs are fine (both times they were done). So she wants me to wait it out, May 1 will be a year of ttc. :( Hubby and I are exhausted of BD every other day. This should be a happy time but we are both frustrated. Its diff when cycles are regular and you know when to time things. For us, its just a guessing game.

I am hopeful that after this period maybe things will start returning to normal. I did call my doctor around CD135 and she told me to wait it out and did not want to do provera. :( I guess its good to do things naturally right now, however, its frustrating!

Sorry for the vent :(

Hi t1017 - I feel your pain, obviously not to the same extent.

My worry was that in waiting for AF maybe i would miss my opportunity to catch the first egg! (Although who knows if the egg will be viable after waiting for that long for ovulation).

I resorted to checking my CM and CP to see when I am in a fertile period rather than BD'ing every other day (I love my OH a lot but I think I would be exhausted like you!). Then when ever I see EWCM we BD like crazy. I just wish my AF would arrive (or BFP, that would be even better!) and so I would know that at least something is happening down there!

A girl at work got pregnant and she is now about 5 months. It's nice to see her so excited but all she talks about is babies, babies, babies. She walks around the office stroking her stomach protectively and it's driving me crazy. I'm so jealous!!

I get the jealous thing! seems that all our friends are announcing it! This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through alone and with my hubby!
Sometimes, I feel that its tearing us apart! He is super supportive and tries really hard, but in thinking that its my fault we are struggling I am having a hard time with it all.

Well, CD22 first cycle post-BCP and still no sign of ovulation. Just (im)patiently waiting! The only other time I went off the pill I didn't have a super long cycle so crossing my fingers I'll O soon or AF will come.

Well, CD22 first cycle post-BCP and still no sign of ovulation. Just (im)patiently waiting! The only other time I went off the pill I didn't have a super long cycle so crossing my fingers I'll O soon or AF will come.

I feel you. I'm right there with you.

Last month was so much easier when I *thought* I'd ovulated on cd15 but wasn't sure. When I figured out it was really cd30, I was just excited I finally had proof that I ovulated. This month, knowing it could go out to cd30 makes the wait that much worrrseee,:growlmad:

I feel your pain too. I'm now CD64 post birth control and STILL no ovulation. FF thinks I did but I think it was because I had a cold just after a patch of EWCM!

I've since had two little bits of EWCM but still no ovulation. Sob.

Yesterday I took my first 'Pregnacare' vitamin pill... which has Folic Alic, B Complexes, Zinc... amongst other things. It's the Trying to Conceive one - I'm hoping it might do something. But losing the will to live.

Wtbam, It sucks you have to wait until Mar 1 to go to the doctor. Do you have your appointment set and ready to go?

No... they are very good in that you can ring up on the day and book for the same day (it's just a normal GP to start with). I know what they are going to say though.... some women take longer for the pill to come out of their system than others blah blah blah. I KNOW it's true but it doesn't make it any easier!!!

By the way, just looked at your chart - looks like you may he gearing up to O doesn't it! Good luck! x

Thanks, I wish I was. My temps are up and down, and my opks are all negative. So I don't think I am.

How can I tell from temps if I'm gearing to ovulate? Are u talking about if they start going down?

I was thinking because you've gone from your period, to sticky, to creamy CM. I think that means you are heading to O because the CM should then hopefully go to either watery or EWCM. I don't normally do OPK's until I have EWCM (although recently I've been obsessive so HAVE been! It's driving me mad!

Also some people see an ovulation dip the day of O :)

Oh, ok! Gotcha! That's good info, I didn't know that's how cm should be read. I do opks expecting them to be negative (and they usually are). It is pretty frustrating. But hopefully this will all get better once we have our cycles figured out.

Yeah, it NORMALLY goes like this...

Period.... then dry.. then sticky.... then creamy...... then watery....... then EWCM..... then dry/sticky......... then period!

Yeah, it NORMALLY goes like this...

Period.... then dry.. then sticky.... then creamy...... then watery....... then EWCM..... then dry/sticky......... then period!

Wtbam u were right. I finally got a positive OPK and might be ovulating soon. I still don't see any EWCM but at this point I'll just count my blessings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->