Stopping BCP to TTC***Updates & Progress/Noted Changes Since Stopping BCP***24BFPs***

Soooo jealous.... never had a + OPK yet...... several patches of EWCM but currently back to creamy.

Been taking Pregnacare Conception for 5 days now so hopefully this will kick start something (other than turning my pee neon yellow which it has done!!!)

CD26, no positive OPKs yet but I'm going to keep trying! I have a Dr's appointment in 2 weeks so if no O or AF by then I can chat with her about it.

I just finished another pack of BCPs and keep thinking back and forth whether to let my body start adjusting now and stop the pills before TTC or take another 2 packs...What do you guys think?

Soooo jealous.... never had a + OPK yet...... several patches of EWCM but currently back to creamy.

Been taking Pregnacare Conception for 5 days now so hopefully this will kick start something (other than turning my pee neon yellow which it has done!!!)

I've heard good things about Pregnacare. Its supposed to help with getting pregnant and can also be taken thoughout pregnancy. I really hope it helps you.

CD26, no positive OPKs yet but I'm going to keep trying! I have a Dr's appointment in 2 weeks so if no O or AF by them I can chat with her about it.

Good luck curious. At least you'll know something definitive in two weeks (or hopefully sooner).

I just finished another pack of BCPs and keep thinking back and forth whether to let my body start adjusting now and stop the pills before TTC or take another 2 packs...What do you guys think?

If I were in your situation and planning to start ttc in 2 months, knowing what I know now, I'd have stopped BCP early and used other methods of contraceptives like condoms. It's possible to catch the egg right away after BCP, but it's also possible your body will have to take some time to regulate...which can be really frustrating when you are ttc. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

Thanks, its great to hear your advice from your own personal experience because there is no way to know how long I will take to start ovulating too...

I would come off BCP now, and start charting your temps (and if you want to CM, CP and OPK's) to get used to your cycle before you actually want to TTC... and use alternative contraception such as condoms :)

Well, I talked to DH and he is kinda banking on the fact that it could take a while after coming off the pill, to give us more time...I agree some time would benefit us, but I just keep getting more anxious to try as we get closer. That probably sounds bad he said that, but I understand his reasoning. So April is probably still the time we will come off the pill. Thanks for the input, I hope you get out of limbo soon!

If it makes any difference, we originally planned to start TTC in April, but I came off the pill in December to give my body time to adjust and rid itself of the pill.

Fast forward to February and we have been actively TTC since my last pill!!!

I guess when you are talking in terms of a lifetime, a couple of months won't matter.... x

Well, I talked to DH and he is kinda banking on the fact that it could take a while after coming off the pill, to give us more time...I agree some time would benefit us, but I just keep getting more anxious to try as we get closer. That probably sounds bad he said that, but I understand his reasoning. So April is probably still the time we will come off the pill. Thanks for the input, I hope you get out of limbo soon!

I don't think it sounds bad that he said that, it makes sense to wait until he's ready, and especially if the time will benefit both of you. DH and I were ready to go the day after my last pill lol, which is why I wished we'd given ourselves a few months off BCP prior. But no regrets, we're moving forward.

Haha just stumbled on this thread that I posted in beginning Dec :) how's people's cycles going?

It's been 6 months since I came off bcp, first month I didn't ovulate and the rest I've only had 10days lp (one was 9) and my ov has been anything from cd16-cd23 :( was a very frustrating month this one especially as I had no fertile cm. I was a bit slack on taking my fertilitea and it makes me kinda sad to think I O'ed late due to not taking the tea :( going to the Dr this Friday to ask about my lp etc, maybe they can shed some light but I'm afraid of the "you're coming off the pill" brush off!

I don't think it sounds bad that he said that, it makes sense to wait until he's ready, and especially if the time will benefit both of you. DH and I were ready to go the day after my last pill lol, which is why I wished we'd given ourselves a few months off BCP prior. But no regrets, we're moving forward.

I just told DH last night that this is all his fault, lol. We had originally planned to TTC in the fall and I would have come off the pill in the spring to prepare. But then he decided he was ready immediately and here I am CD27 waiting to O. I said he should have predicted a few months ago that he'd be suddenly ready now!

Haha just stumbled on this thread that I posted in beginning Dec :) how's people's cycles going?

It's been 6 months since I came off bcp, first month I didn't ovulate and the rest I've only had 10days lp (one was 9) and my ov has been anything from cd16-cd23 :( was a very frustrating month this one especially as I had no fertile cm. I was a bit slack on taking my fertilitea and it makes me kinda sad to think I O'ed late due to not taking the tea :( going to the Dr this Friday to ask about my lp etc, maybe they can shed some light but I'm afraid of the "you're coming off the pill" brush off!

Hi patience, what cycle day are you? When did you ovulate? At least you're ovulating, that's one battle behind you. I think you should ask your doctor about taking vitamin b to lengthen your luteal phase. 10 days is on the shorter end... He should at least be able to answer your questions before giving you any kind of brush off.

Soontobepreg, didn't I tell you looking at your chart you would ovulate soon! Just noticed! Woohoo 2 week wait for you xx

:flower: I'm cd25, think I oed cd23 just need 1 more temp for crosshairs :) last month I got af cd26 so quite the difference! I've tried 50mg of vit b6 before, hubby thinks it's super unnatural considering your rda is about 2mg :shrug: hopefully they'll tell me something :)

I do believe the fertilitea helped regulate my ovulation, 2 months I had 3 cups a day and oed cd16, when I went down to 1 a day it struggled till I went back on to 3, then it came a week later :)

Soontobepreg, didn't I tell you looking at your chart you would ovulate soon! Just noticed! Woohoo 2 week wait for you xx

Thanks. I'm waiting for my last temp rise tomorrow to make it official.

:flower: I'm cd25, think I oed cd23 just need 1 more temp for crosshairs :) last month I got af cd26 so quite the difference! I've tried 50mg of vit b6 before, hubby thinks it's super unnatural considering your rda is about 2mg :shrug: hopefully they'll tell me something :)

I do believe the fertilitea helped regulate my ovulation, 2 months I had 3 cups a day and oed cd16, when I went down to 1 a day it struggled till I went back on to 3, then it came a week later :)

Where of you get fertilitea? I generally LOVE hot tea but have tried to cut back to only herbal non-caffeine. If I could find some that was actually helpful to fertility that would be awesome.

Ya, he is ready to try in April and would be happy if we got pregnant right away, but at the same time he wouldn't mind those extra months it may take my body to adjust off the pill. So he doesn't want to "take away" from those possible months of waiting to 'O' by coming off the pill now. We want to buy a house in May 2015 so if baby were to come after that, that would be really good, but we could do with him/her coming anytime next year. He says if it doesn't "work out" by September I can "get crazy" with temping and CM and OPKs and stuff lol...because then we would be for sure in a new house by time baby comes.

Hi ladies! I'd like to join in If that's alright. I stopped Bcp in oct of 2013 and so far I've had 2 41 day cycles and 1 30 day cycle. I'm not positive what to expect for this cycle as the 30 day cycle was in the middle of the 41 day cycles. I know I'm ovulating but no luck on BFP yet. I was on bcp for 10 years. I was always regular previous to bcp. And of course regular on them.

Soontobe I used to get mine off amazon UK but they've removed the one supplier I bought from (the only one to ship where I live) so now I'm going to buy directly from fairhaven health even though they're in the US it's actually cheaper :) just hope it doesn't get stuck in customs! Going to buy their fertile cm tablets, I don't get ewcm and this cycle didn't even get watery which I know can be from the pill days when your body made thick cm to avoid pregnancy :(

Hey Charlie I'm also a thread newbie :D come on in! Do you track your ovulation yet? If I thought i
oed like a normal person I'd miss my window completely!

Wnt2b; sounds like you've got a good plan at least :) even without "going crazy" you're likely to learn a few hints from your body eg I get super horny round ov :haha: and (tmi) I feel my cm running out of me (watery is exactly as the word suggests hehe) so you may get a few timed bd in to help things along :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->