sure start maternity grant UPDATE

Oh ebay is my best buddy! nowt wrong with pre loved is there!

well...I just can't believe people make accounts just to cause arguments... don't people have better things to do with their time? It's pretty sad :shrug:

bet she doesn't vote labour eh?

shame about the grant aswell but im sure we will all struggle on and get there in the end.

look out ebay here i come lol xxxx

i'm doing the same ebay is now my best friend lol.

I feel silly now lol.
Oh and ladies get yourselves down to asda, major bargains on baby stuff atm x

I'm off tomorrow evening haze.. really looking forward to spending some money on some bargains :happydance:

Ahhh well, I won't be as offended now I know this is just some silly troll with a grudge :rolleyes: Back to the point though I'm supremely pee'd off because yes I could have really done with that money and I don't actually see it as a "handout". As PeanutBean said there is so much more to the welfare system than meets the eye; I'm a working mum and we don't lead extravegant lives at all so it's not like we're claiming every benefit going and living off the back of taxpayers. We're all entitled to something; you pay in you get a little bit out. Would be nice if we all got a little something. I was once warned that if you're kind of on that cusp and you work but don't earn a lot you're more likely to lose out because of the way the system works. I'm experiencing it for myself now. I personally think we're pretty sensible with money but you can only take it so far, you still need to live, eat, keep warm, keep clean, travel to and fro, clothe your children (an very occassionally yourself lol) I hate having to justify myself for what I claim when I know so many people who are shameless about it :nope:

Ahhh well, I won't be as offended now I know this is just some silly troll with a grudge :rolleyes: Back to the point though I'm supremely pee'd off because yes I could have really done with that money and I don't actually see it as a "handout". As PeanutBean said there is so much more to the welfare system than meets the eye; I'm a working mum and we don't lead extravegant lives at all so it's not like we're claiming every benefit going and living off the back of taxpayers. We're all entitled to something; you pay in you get a little bit out. Would be nice if we all got a little something. I was once warned that if you're kind of on that cusp and you work but don't earn a lot you're more likely to lose out because of the way the system works. I'm experiencing it for myself now. I personally think we're pretty sensible with money but you can only take it so far, you still need to live, eat, keep warm, keep clean, travel to and fro, clothe your children (an very occassionally yourself lol) I hate having to justify myself for what I claim when I know so many people who are shameless about it :nope:

I absolutely agree hun

well its made my night a little more exciting lol its better than eastenders on here!! lol

i'm going wednesday when i get paid hopefully they reduce everything and i have the leftovers lol.

just got to stock up on nappies and wipes now.

oh ladies there is a baby event sort of thing on amazon as well upto 50% of things,x,x

Ooooh really? **off she scuttles to amazon** :thumbup:

Do you know when the baby event ends Laura?

MrsB we are that group too. We lost out when the [wrong] decision was made to scrap the 10% income tax band. We will just earn enough this tax year to get nothing next year. When I go back to work I won't be able to claim tax credits on the coming tax year as my income will go up by more than £10k (the new rule for that year) simply because I'll be earning so little and will be off a full tax year.

I'm pretty clues up on making our small amount of money work but I'm at a loss as to how we'll get out of this one. The only answer seems to be sahd and going into the red by more and more every year.

This government is full of millionaires just so far removed from real life it's hardly believable. 18 millionaires in cabinet. That's why the welfare budget has taken the biggest hit and women are paying for it I think it was 7 times as much as men because they receive family benefits, have low incomes, work in the public sector and rely on the public sector. How many women are there in the banking sector? How many in government? :growlmad:

Right well I sent off my appeal letter today first class recorded... haha this should be a laugh! Probably a waste of time BUT you never know if you don'r ask!
I'll let you know what happens from here. xx

i also read this and i just got off the fone to an advisor and they just told me as long as i get my form sent off b4 then it should b ok.. so i posted my today. fingers crossed i get it.. proper gutted about this! just don't understand how they can take the money of there furture citizens makes me sick!
they said to me that u can claim it 11 weeks before the baby is born so apply now

i also read this and i just got off the fone to an advisor and they just told me as long as i get my form sent off b4 then it should b ok.. so i posted my today. fingers crossed i get it.. proper gutted about this! just don't understand how they can take the money of there furture citizens makes me sick!
they said to me that u can claim it 11 weeks before the baby is born so apply now

I did hun and it was refused... The staff haven't been informed of the changes so they will tell you it'll go through unless they've come across the changes of their own accord.

Yo have to be due before the 11th April. If you do happen to have your baby before the 11th then you'll be entitled to claim it them but not if you're due date is after the 11th unfortunately :(

well i just called again and spoke to someone else and nope i'm not entitled! grrr wish these ppl knew wat they where bloody talking about driving me mad! wat a kick in the cae if u ask me. i lost a baby in june and now they wanna tell me that now i can't have for this one.. how do they work it out?! just makes me sick.. fecking knob twatting runts! grrrrrrrr lol x

well i just called again and spoke to someone else and nope i'm not entitled! grrr wish these ppl knew wat they where bloody talking about driving me mad! wat a kick in the cae if u ask me. i lost a baby in june and now they wanna tell me that now i can't have for this one.. how do they work it out?! just makes me sick.. fecking knob twatting runts! grrrrrrrr lol x

Yep I agree! :hugs: It sucks and it sucks more that the bloody staff haven't been informed so keep getting peoples hopes up :grr:

one person doesn't no wat they others are doing!! how can u have a imformation call line and not have correct information??!! if i hav a hammer lol x

well...I just can't believe people make accounts just to cause arguments... don't people have better things to do with their time? It's pretty sad :shrug:

look out in your local papers aswell i got a pram nearly pran new £70:happydance: lol

look out in your local papers aswell i got a pram nearly pran new £70:happydance: lol

mumov2 i brought my bebe loola, carrycot and carseat all for £60 off ebay and thats like new apart from when i washed it the little elephant came off the carseat cover and the cosytoes one creased alittle but i'm not fussed with perfection as long as it looks nice and does the job.x

infact i have never brought a brand new pushchair gerties travel system cost me £47 lol and i sold it for more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->