sure start maternity grant UPDATE

Prams go really cheap on eBay, currently got my silver cross pram on there cost me £850 new it's like brand spanking new and I'm gonna get peanuts for it....

I bought thw quinny buzz 3 from ebay with accessories for £145 I bought the maxi cosi from buy/swap/sell section for £22 and currently got my eye on the iso fix base on ebay ending tomorrow so gonna sniper that at the last minute lol
I love a bargain and these things don't get used enough for them to get trashed... if you shop around, you can really save some money :thumbup:

I certainly ain't a snob and buying baby stuff when you've got to start from scratch is no joke.

I just got off the phone to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying info on the site is wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim regardless of how many kids you have so all 29 weeks before april 11th should still be able to claim x
thats great :happydance: ive been really stressing about it,im praying it'll be ok,thats been a week since i sent the form away,its shocking,the government dont understand how much folk r relying on it! Even 250 4 ur 2nd child would be better than nothing! X x

I just got off the phone to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying info on the site is wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim regardless of how many kids you have so all 29 weeks before april 11th should still be able to claim x
thats great :happydance: ive been really stressing about it,im praying it'll be ok,thats been a week since i sent the form away,its shocking,the government dont understand how much folk r relying on it! Even 250 4 ur 2nd child would be better than nothing! X x

Im really really sorry but the info isn't wrong :( I've now heard of 4 people who've had letters back saying they're not eligable because they have other children and a due date of 11th or later. I know there's a lady on here who has.

BBC Website have confirmed the dates

The restriction to one child applies from 11 April 2011, but a grant can be claimed from 11 weeks before the week in which a baby is due.

So the legislation is being brought into force on 24 January 2011.

However, if the baby is due before 11 April, parents can still apply for the grant, even if they have other children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12265665

just 2 let uz know,i got my letter yesterday :winkwink: that took a week from sending it away,it goes into my account 2day! X x x

just 2 let uz know,i got my letter yesterday :winkwink: that took a week from sending it away,it goes into my account 2day! X x x

Cheers Hun, I'm not far from you if that means anything so I might hear something this week then! X

Could anyone tell me the address to send the forms to, I've lost the envelope? X

Do you have a child already and due before the 11th April? x
Yes,ive got a wee girl whos 3 in March,i spoke 2 my midwife 2day&she says as long as u were 25wk b4 Jan (cant mind the day soz) lol and due b4 April11 if u had kids or not ur still entitled 2 it! Its mad how there changing everything,if the government could create more jobs maybe i wouldnt have needed it! X x

I sent my forms off even though i am due after 11th April they can only say no but i thought i would try anyway! Slightly relying on it but hey never mind im sure i'll cope. Bloody government they like taking money off us but not giving it to the really needy people,i would understand if i was taking the piss by having 20 kids and getting it but this the first time im claiming it as i didnt know about it with my first and probably wouldnt of got it then either! Maybe we need to start a petition and get it back for people who really need it and not the people who are getting it coz they just keep having children so they dont have to work.
x

I sent my forms off even though i am due after 11th April they can only say no but i thought i would try anyway! Slightly relying on it but hey never mind im sure i'll cope. Bloody government they like taking money off us but not giving it to the really needy people,i would understand if i was taking the piss by having 20 kids and getting it but this the first time im claiming it as i didnt know about it with my first and probably wouldnt of got it then either! Maybe we need to start a petition and get it back for people who really need it and not the people who are getting it coz they just keep having children so they dont have to work.
x
I really hope u get it,i was the same,id worked since leaving school up until 2mth b4 i had my daughter so didnt even try 4 it! They should be sorting the £ situation of people on the sick that r falsely claiming&maybe sort out people that get £ 4 being an alcoholic&that b4 they make it EVEN harder 4 mums :( Aw wish labour was still in power lol x x x x

I'm due on the 11th April phoned them today and was told as I have a child under 16 I've been turned down but if I have my baby is born before the 11th I can reply and would get it x

x

Know how you feel I have worked for years so didn't qualify with my other 2 kids but got paid of a couple of months ago it really isn't fair x

Right well I sent off my appeal letter today first class recorded... haha this should be a laugh! Probably a waste of time BUT you never know if you don'r ask!
I'll let you know what happens from here. xx

Please let me know how you get on if you don't mind x

i got my refusal letter i'm due on the 13th. but i dont tink i'll be late more early wth my other two so should get it if that happens, so ridiculous i couldn do with the money now :hissy:

Still waiting to hear about my appeal.... I'll update when they refuse me again! LOL the feckers! grrrrrrr xx

Yeah it is one big joke, I could have cried but I too went a 5 days early with my last two x

They're saying if you have baby before the 10th then to re-apply again but what's betting they change it again before then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->