Target Credit Card

vintage67

Reaction score
We have a Target Credit card that has a smallish balance and we don't use the card very often. I had missed a payment and decided to pay 300.00 on the account, way more than the minimum due. I made the payment on March 19th. It is now March 27th and Target has frozen my card.

They have already taken the 300.00 from my bank, but won't "release" the card. They claim they need me to call my bank and get them on a conference call to verify funds (that they have already taken)

I have spoken to 3 people on the phone at Target about this; one a supposed supervisor. I have never heard of anything so absurd.

This is however the 2nd time that Target has done something semi-crazy. A couple of years ago, I used the card for a few purchases around Christmas time. On the 3rd purchase, my card was denied. I called to see what was wrong and they said they had frozen it for "suspicious" activity since it had not been used in a while!!! Suspicious???? Toys for Christmas???

I have found out that I am on a 15 day hold because my payment of 300.00 flagged my account as suspicious. They have already taken my payment from the bank on the 20th, confirmed by my bank today, but it will be another week before it is "released to use."

I have never heard of anything so absurd, but a quick run on google and I discovered that Target has made many customers furious with this policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->