Team Angels Graduates

Oooh hope baby lets you get a peek then hun :D

Hi hope everyone is okay

Update from my appointment with community midwife, I explained the mix up in appointments which meant I was late going to my first antenatal appointment and she was lovely about it.

She did mention that she had tried to get a scan organised for someone else and there were no appointments until the end of August I'm really hoping this isn't true as someone said they can only accurately date up to 16 weeks.

Also we were planning on a holiday the end of August and I don't want to delay things anymore I'll be 21/22 weeks at the end of August, do you think they will wait this long ???

x

It's not sounding good if your midwife reckons they're booked up so far in advance, did she say if she is going to try arrange something for you, or what did she say?

I was just thinking that if you have your hand held maternity notes now you could call up antenatal at the hospital and let them know you haven't had a dating scan and see what they say? Maybe they could squeeze you in or take your name and number in case there's a cancellation or something similar.

You may end up being offered an early 20 week scan rather than a late dating scan and THEN a 20 week scan, they may just offer you a scan at around 18 weeks ish and use it as both a dating and anomaly scan...i'm not sure how it will work where you are.

You're right though hun, dating scans are most accurate earlier than that (but not earlier than 10 weeks i don't think)

I found this for you from wikipedia:

Dating and growth monitoring

"Gestational age is usually determined by the date of the woman's last menstrual period, and assuming ovulation occurred on day fourteen of the menstrual cycle. Sometimes a woman may be uncertain of the date of her last menstrual period, or there may be reason to suspect ovulation occurred significantly earlier or later than the fourteenth day of her cycle. Ultrasound scans offer an alternative method of estimating gestational age. The most accurate measurement for dating is the crown-rump length of the fetus, which can be done between 7 and 13 weeks of gestation. After 13 weeks gestation, the fetal age may be estimated by the biparietal diameter (the transverse diameter of the head), the head circumference, the length of the femur (the longest bone in the body), and the many more fetal parameters that have been measured and correlated with age over the last 30 years. Dating is more accurate when done earlier in the pregnancy; if a later scan gives a different estimate of gestational age, the estimated age is not normally changed but rather it is assumed the fetus is not growing at the expected rate.[1]

Not useful for dating, the abdominal circumference of the fetus may also be measured. This gives an estimate of the weight and size of the fetus and is important when doing serial ultrasounds to monitor fetal growth.[1]"

Hi ladies.... I've graduated!! YEY!!!!
Got our bfp on tues. Still very early days, but if I can't celebrate it on here with you lovely ladies, where can I celebrate??!!
So, I'll have lots of lovely sticky dust sprinkled my way from all of you who are that little bit further along please!!!
I can't BELIEVE I'm here!!!!
YYYYEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

MissingBubs - welcome to the graduate section. Lots of sticky dust for you and wishes for a calm and healthy remainder of the pregnancy!

I'm posting here, since I don't feel comfortable in 2nd tri right now - I got rushed to urgent care yesterday afternoon, after 5 hours of having gut wrenching pains in my abdomen. It felt like I had taken a knife and it was searing pain. The baby is fine, and the cervix is closed (thank heavens) and we'll have our normal 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday, but if the pains return I am to go right to the emerg.

Apparently I'm one step away from bed rest according to the doctor and they're worried that I had either very early Braxton-Hicks, or it could be the start of pre-term labour. Apparently when I was dialated to have deliver my little girl, they were telling me it makes it easier to dialate in the future, like now during my current pregnancy.

Suffice to say I'm worried sick. DH didn't find out until he got home that night what I had gone through so he's turned into a worrying mother hen which I find sweet. I was starting to relax about all the twinges, stretching and tightening pains until this happened since I have just passed the same point I had made it to in my last pregnancy and lost Elizabeth. I've been paranoid enough and was hoping to relax once I made it safely to 19 weeks.

Sorry to ramble, I just didn't know where else I could have put this where people might understand.

Yeah Missing bubs welcome :) Congrats :)

Roben - Am sorry to hear that hunny make sure you are getting plenty of rest though and take it easy,i know what you mean about second tri its not nice over there right now,and am finding hard that people are saying you shouldnt make posts if your worried about anything or if you have a loss for fear of upsetting other people.Its very very sad i was so angry last night reading some of the posts,have calmed down a little today though think my hormones are raging !!!
Oh an yipppeeeee Im 20 weeks today am so flipping excited cant believe i have made it this far am very excited about my 20 week scan on thursday and Roben yours is on tuesday are you going to find out the sex??
We have decided not to find out but now am getting curious :)!!! Am hoping to stay team yellow though :)

DH is desperate to know the sex and I am curious to see if he's right about what we're having. I just want to see the baby again and know that it's doing well since I haven't felt any kicks yet.

I was raging too last night and very offended, but I calmed down after the mods came into it.

It's so great that you have made it this far babybuffy, it's wonderful isn't it? I'm so happy for all of us who've made it to this point!

I know its great its so strange that only a few months ago i never would have thought it possible.
:) Yeah im so curious,but mainly just want to know if baby is ok.
I hope that tuesday flys round for you :)

Honest thoughts and advice welcomed ladies.
We had a chemical pregnancy at 7 weeks, discovered afer pain, early scan and blood tests. I'm coming up for 5 weeks and wondering if we should push for an early scan again, just to check if everything is in the right place?
Also, do you think we would get one?
Or should I just hold my breath until 12 weeks? So so long away!!!!

Oooh i wasn't on much yesterday so missed what's been going on in 2nd tri...doesn't sound good :nope:

Anyway just wanted to send you some hugs roben :hugs: that must have been an incredibly scary experience, hopefully you won't have any more like it.

Congratulations on reaching the half way point babybuffy :happydance: i'm excited for you.

I would definitely push for an early scan missingbubs but i know some of the ladies have had no luck in getting one despite early losses before, so i guess just try to prepare yourself mentally for the fact they might say "no". I saw a midwife at 5 weeks, just to sort of say "I'm pregnant and terrified!" and she was lovely and arranged to early scan for me at 6+6 but i wasn't expecting her to, i thought i'd have a battle on my hands! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Everything okay here, my sickness is actually loads better, it's fantastic to have some relief! Also my little sister who is also pregnant (due 6th december so not far behind me at all!) had her 20 week scan this morning and everything is looking okay so far and she's having a little girl, so that was exciting news.

Okay gotta go ladies, off to the dentist! :wacko:

Hope everyone is having a good day :hugs:

Missing i would push for an early scan,i managed to get one this time after rmy previous loss but that was only because they thought i was having an ectopic.Its amazing how reasurring it is just to know that there is something there and seeing it grow i had 3 scans between 6 weeks and 12 weeks.
Rebaby time is flying by for you can believe how quick its going and only 8 weeks left in work crikey im counting down now till i finish work (cant wait )!!! :) i have 12 weeks left till i finish :)

I know, since we moved house i feel like the weeks are flying by. I am super nervous about going back to work on tuesday so that's why i made my maternity leave ticker, to keep my focused on the fact i don't have long left to work!

I am hoping that with my holidays i have owing i should be able to finish at 31+3...will find out next week when i speak to my manager i guess :thumbup:

Hope all the angels graduates are having a good weekend so far.

I totally missed all the nastiness in 2nd trimester over the past couple of days but had a little read about what was going on and it made me very very sad :nope: It seems to have settled now anyway, so fingers crossed we don't have any more of that!

Not long until your scan babybuffy! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies

I also missed the posts in 2nd tri thankfully as reading them through I was slightly upset, I didn't follow through the tri boards before I mc'd but if I had then I would naturally have wanted to let those that I was speaking with on a daily basis know what had happened I think only someone with no experience of going through something so upsetting could make a comment like that, never mind. Let's hope there's no more as there is no need for the nastiness.

On a positive note it sounds like everyone is progressing really well, can't wait to see the steady flow of baby pics once the lo's arrive.

I've finally managed to get a date for my dating scan through, yipeee !

I go today at 3pm I'm extremely nervous about it all since it was at the scan I found out things weren't right last time. Hopefully I'll manage to get some breakfast down me as my stomach is churning. Send me lots of positive vibes as I think I might struggle once I'm called in.

If everything is fine we're planning on telling parents etc tomorrow, can't believe I've managed to keep it secret this long.

Big :hugs: to everyone xxxx

I'll be thinking of you this afternoon lauren, hope it goes really well :hugs:

Hi

Just to let you all know everything was fine I had a little bit of a wait as they were backed up with appointments so I was a bag of nerves once I went in. Sonographer was lovely and got straight to it to stop me worrying. OH was speechless he just had a look of awe it was really sweet.

She said that he/she had one hand waving and one on their bottom, lol

I've also been put forward one day so my due date is 31.12.2009.

x

Attachments

• Baby Chambers.jpg
    Baby Chambers.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations lauren! I'm so glad that it went well :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads