Team Angels Graduates

Well...i rang the community midwives but they were all out of the office, so i thought i'd try to chill out a bit and try calling them again later, climbed on to my birthing ball and put my natal hypnotherapy cd on...a couple of minutes into the deep-breathing and LO started bopping around like it was disco time, and has been pretty active since...so that has really put my mind at rest!

You must be excited, getting so close to your due date.

Oh I'd completely forgotten about this thread!! Last time I updated I'd just had my 13wk scan.. now 25wks!!!

All's good though, found out we're having alittle boy and he's been moving about for a few weeks now so I get lots of good kicks and tumbles every day. slowly slowly getting the nursery done, my OH doesn't seem to be understanding my NEED to have these things getting organised.. but I'm sure it will all get there!

Kota, congrats on your boy! Have you chosen any names as of yet? We are tossing around a few but nothing seems to really scream at me.

Ironically, DH is the one who is nesting more than me. I'm still very detached from everything despite having the good kicks and everything. I was told by a coworker that it's just a way of coping for anyone who's had a loss. I hope she's right because I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be a non-loving mama!

Can't believe we're all starting to get close to the end! I can't wait for maternity leave!

we've got a couple in mind.. the two main choices were Saxon or Phoenix, but Phoenix seems to be winning.. so either Phoenix Leo or Phoenix Jackson... still undecided.

Funnily my nesting doesn't involve me wanting to clean anything... much to OH's disappointment!! I just want the nursery painted and the furniture set up in there., then I can at least go potter in there during the day with getting things organised..

Hi ladies

I keep forgetting to pop in here aswell, the baby brain has well and truly taken over.

Glad to see that everyone is cooking away nicely in just over 50 days we'll hopefully have two little ones fully baked and out of the oven. I'm sooooo jealous you must both be really excited we'll not be far behind you.

My OH is working out of the country until 30.11.09 so finding I'm not as excited and motivated to get the nursery done. I've ordered the furniture but am not having it delivered until the second week of December as don't want OH to feel left out. I've decided I'm going to buy little bits and pieces each week and then have a full weekend of the nursery once he gets home hopefully then I'll not have long to go

xxx

hey ladies... well first off congrats... i was a part of team angels for a lil while till i got bum rushed with work and couldnt get on here ne more... and now im back and its odd that as off wednesday i found out im pregnant... so i guess i should come join u laides here too if u dont mind??... its good to have peopel to talk to being im sooo nervous about this since the miscarriage!!

hey ladies... well first off congrats... i was a part of team angels for a lil while till i got bum rushed with work and couldnt get on here ne more... and now im back and its odd that as off wednesday i found out im pregnant... so i guess i should come join u laides here too if u dont mind??... its good to have peopel to talk to being im sooo nervous about this since the miscarriage!!

Welcome over hunny and congratulations :happydance:

Our miscarriage has definitely affected me throughout the whole of this pregnancy to a certain extent, but obviously my nerves were at their worst during first trimester and i think that's probably true of most of us, so i'm sending you hugs as i know it's not easy when you're counting every day :hugs:

Things are ticking along nicely here. We have just got back from a week away in a holiday cottage in whitby and we had such a lovely relaxing time :thumbup: I cannot believe we only have four weeks left to get everything ready though, i am majorly panicking now. It's only little bits and pieces we need but i am anxious for everything to be done NOW! I'm sure you can all understand.

I have a midwife appointment this afternoon and i am hoping she will tell me that baby's head has started to engage now as it feels that way to me...i have been having some very low twinges and period like pains on and off these past few days so hopefully that's what it is :shrug:

Hugs to everyone.

MJT, welcome and congrats on your bean.

Rebaby - I know what you mean, you have 4 weeks left, I have 7 and there is just so much to get done!

I'm on half days at work now, thank goodness. I was starting to die by the afternoons so working the morning is much better.

Laurenj22 - sorry your OH is away. What is he doing out of country? Your plan to add a few new pieces every week is a good one and a way to stay motivated.

Welcome over MJT :flower: like Rebaby said it's always hard once you find out your pregnancy following a loss, I was so worried I didn't tell friends and family about the baby until 16weeks. You'll be fine and have us lot for some moral support we're all proof that things don't always go wrong :hugs:

Rebaby I live not far from Whitby hope you enjoyed yourselves, weather hasn't been too great but all the more reason to snuggle up indoors x

RobenR glad to hear your only doing half days from work, I've said that I will work right up to my due date however I must admit I'm finding that come the afternoon my back is aching and I've got an insatiable appetite.

My OH is working in Rotterdam commissioning some work on the ship he built some dive chambers for last year. He normally works 9-5 ish at home so it's been a struggle adjusting to life without him. I only have to cook for myself, clean when I have visitors and venture to the :laundry: once a week instead of the normal 3-4....... why am I complaining :dohh:

Oh well only another 38 days to go, not that I'm counting x

I am so in awe of you still working roben, i finished work at 32 weeks (although i was lucky because i had a month of holiday to take before my maternity leave started) and during my last few days there i felt about ready to drop! Hope you're feeling well?

We had such a fab time in whitby thanks lauren :thumbup: i have never been so relaxed in my life, i basically just sat in the cottage reading books or walked around the shops and ate my body-weight in fudge and sweeties and chocolate :cloud9: Yum! We had a few rainy days but some nice cold, crisp and dry days too so not too bad for yorkshire in october i thought!

It must be so odd for you with OH being away but i'm sure the time will fly and you'll be getting the nursery sorted together before you know it :hugs:

Last time i posted i was saying i hoped the midwife would tell me baby's head had started to engage- well it hasn't! :dohh: Still "hovering above the brim" apparently, but i know we've got time yet so not panicking (honest!)

Hope you're all okay ladies :hugs:

well ladies i had my first drs app yesterday... and it was just the basic.. but he said it looks good so far no signs of bleeding or spotting.. i got for my first ultrasound in a week.. and my due date is june 20th...

I am so pleased for you, i will have my fingers crossed that everything is looking good on the scan :hugs:

I dont think i have posted on here yet,really hope you dont mind me jumping in?
i hve another scan next mondy and i am already starting to feel anxious about it and typing this is making me wnt to cry-was really hoping i would have let go of all this by know but it seems its still lingering, think lot of it is assosition with the hospital as i dont worry about the baby inbetween times and i did find it stupidly difficult when i went to visit my friend there with her new baby the other week, i am trying not to focus on the birth bit and i know i will be fine but i dont think that it helps that it ws so trumatic with jimbob and that i know it will take place at the new hospitl where all my mc stuff has happened- it is also at the back of my mind how i wil be after, dont want to get in the state i did after jimbob-phew, think i should dump some of this on the midwife when i go for my scan!!!I cant seem to bring myself to do or buy anything for my new bean yet either which kind of doesnt matter but it is starting to feel like bit of 'thing' am going into town today, maybe i will just buy something to put an end to that as well!!
thnk goodness its hlf term!!!
hope everyone has nice weekend ahead
xxxxx

Don't be silly, of course you're welcome over hun :hugs: i think a lot of us angel ladies forget that this thread is here because it seems to go through stages of being very quiet and then everyone remembers to update!

Sorry you're feeling so anxious about the scan :hugs: i truly think that no matter how far along you get or how well things are going there is always a real fear of something going wrong, no matter how unlikely, my big 'scary thing' is reduced fetal movement- i am very very aware of LO moving and now he/she is running out of space and getting quieter i get quite edgy about it at times, even though the midwife has assured me it's okay.

I think it's just something we have to accept as part of the package, even though i wish i could be a little less worried and more carefree like so many mums-to-be are...

Hope you had fun shopping anyway and managed to pick up something cute as your 1st "baby item" :thumbup:

May I join you?? :)
Had my bfp last week after mc in May. Feeling really good about this bean though. I've had no bleeding yet, so thats increasing my confidence.
Also, I have to say that reading this thread has been fabulous! So much positivity, it is a fantastic thread. Hoping to have my own stories of positivity to add to it soon!

cat
xxx

Ah fantastic news cat :thumbup: congratulations and welcome over :hugs:

Just spotted that one of our angels graduates ladies might be having an early arrival!

In labour 6 weeks early

I saw that! I hope she makes out ok!

Welcome catfromaus and toby! Glad to see you.

I'm hanging in there, though the half days at work certainly are helping after just a week. Rebaby I can't believe the size of your bump - is there a chance you might go early? Is everything ready for baby? I'm still trying to pull everything together. Lots of will but exhausted in body.

I do feel HUGE now and can't see how i can possibly get any bigger in the next 3 weeks?! :shrug: but i am preparing myself for a late arrival, since statistically it seems most likely...also sort of counting on LO being a little bit late to be honest as OH doesn't qualify for paternity pay :nope: so he has booked 2 weeks holiday instead from the 23rd november onwards so would be nice for him if LO could be punctual or a couple of days over...although no later than that thankyou (are you listening baby?! :) )

I think we're *mostly* ready now...i keep finding things to do though and getting a bit hung up over silly stuff like the fact that the curtains haven't been hung in the nursery yet...or that our dog really needs to go get groomed right now (he's all furry and stinky) although what that has to do with anything, i don't know?! :shrug: :haha:

No news from babybuffy but i have everything crossed for her :thumbup:

Hope everyone is getting on okay :hugs:

We had some very sad news this week, which i have talked about a little in the november sparklers thread, but it isn't really MY news to share so haven't wanted to 'broadcast' it everywhere, but my cousin was also pregnant, and due in february but sadly caught an infection which sent her into early labour and her little boy was delivered on monday lunchtime at 23 weeks and 3 days and was unable to survive :cry: So it's a very sad time in our family right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->