• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team April 21st

'Mummy' i promised to update you on the GTT, i went for mine today.
i heard horrid things about the drink, but it was fine, it was nice and cold, it looked like a cup of water, it had no flavour to it, just a little sweet, easy to down in one.

They took my bloods first, then the drink, the worst part was trying to kill 2 hours!!!:coffee:.then more bloods before being released and eating myself out of house and home. Ive been told me results will be released in a day or two.

Thanks for letting me know! My mum is coming to sit with my for the last hour lol! I think it will then be to McDonalds or something!

tas I hope you are ok, good job you are seeing someone tomorrow, I think you tend to worry more when you haven't got another appointment for a while. Keep your feet up.

I know what you mean about Japan, it looks awful. It will take so long to clear, it reminded me of ground zero :( so sad. I hope they don't have this 2nd quake that is being predicted :(

Hope you're ok tas.

Had my first proper day on leave today. :D Getting some super-BH tonight. Not sure if it's from all the housework I've done or the RLT I started taking on Friday.

Just wanted to say best of luck to all the April 21 mommies!! That's my birthday and I find it quite a lovely day!

:flower:

Lol I know I think I may be staying away from the mat for abit! Lol think my OH is gonna stick it down!

I'm going to my last consultant appointment and scan today well I hope its my last,gonna tell him how bad my pelvis and back is and see what they say as nothing I'm doing is helping even resting hurts!
Only 5wks and 2days to go :) x

Is anyone else feeling as impatient as me now?. im know we're only35 weeks(virtually) but im really ready now, mentally and physically(my body has had enough!). Im hoping im not a 40+ weeker:growlmad:

Is anyone else feeling as impatient as me now?. im know we're only35 weeks(virtually) but im really ready now, mentally and physically(my body has had enough!). Im hoping im not a 40+ weeker:growlmad:

Me too :hugs:

I don't think I'm going to make it into uni much longer as walking even short distances hurts sooo much and I feel like I need a sleep afterwards! I'm still trying to keep the goal in sight though...my beautiful baby will be here *hopefully* within 37 days.

I've been thinking about organising some sort of fundraising event to raise some money for Japan, I'm sure the uni would help but I don't think I can commit to it at the moment, I suppose they are still going to need money long term so I could plan something for the summer. I make cards so would be willing to donate monies from card sales.

I've donated to Save the Children this morning. It's the only official donation appeal I've seen. I think until everything is kind of over it's going to be difficult to assess future costs but at least Save the Children are doing something to now to help the tsunami survivors.

Just been on the phone to tax credits trying to sort out our life for the next two years! Phew! All ok for this year but god only knows how things will be next year.

'Mummy' i promised to update you on the GTT, i went for mine today.
i heard horrid things about the drink, but it was fine, it was nice and cold, it looked like a cup of water, it had no flavour to it, just a little sweet, easy to down in one.

They took my bloods first, then the drink, the worst part was trying to kill 2 hours!!!:coffee:.then more bloods before being released and eating myself out of house and home. Ive been told me results will be released in a day or two.

Thanks for letting me know! My mum is coming to sit with my for the last hour lol! I think it will then be to McDonalds or something!

tas I hope you are ok, good job you are seeing someone tomorrow, I think you tend to worry more when you haven't got another appointment for a while. Keep your feet up.

I know what you mean about Japan, it looks awful. It will take so long to clear, it reminded me of ground zero :( so sad. I hope they don't have this 2nd quake that is being predicted :(

just an update for you, my GTT came back within 24 hrs, im in the all clear thankgoodness:happydance:. so it goes to show sugar in your urine sameple doesnt always=a positive GTT.

thats good to hear madcatwoman :D glad your all clear

i feel like with 5 weeks to go, were so close but still quite far away?
ive got all my stuff now but i dont have a clue when to start washing and things. if i do all the sheets etc then put them out wont they be covered in dust by end of april lol?

i havent got my hospital bag done,
and im scared to take clothes/sheets/bottles out there wrappers and boxes incase i forget what everythings for lol

thats good to hear madcatwoman :D glad your all clear

i feel like with 5 weeks to go, were so close but still quite far away?

this is how i feel, im hoping i dont have to wait the full 5 weeks, but thats usually how my luck goes. at the moment im just aiming for the 37 weeks- mentally.

I washed all my things a good few weeks ago, but put them away in draws, i had my hospital bag&babies bag packed at 32-33 weeks.

I washed all my stuff in the past two weeks, and put them away in wardrobes/draws, I washed my moses basket covers and sheets and made them up again but covered them back up in the clear plastic they came in so they should be dust free whenever baby arrives. :] I am soooo hoping he comes early. I actually feel a little guilty for wanting him here now when I shouldn't wish "prematurity" on him... but I am so drained physically now and I just want my little man here.

is anyone going to try Clary sage oil when they're full term? I got some RLT today , it smells and looks fab but tastes yucky so im waiting for it to go cold and gonna try drink it with ice later. Hmm :/

I fixed my recent diarrhea by stopping my activia addiction ( i was eating two a day ) so am feeling a lot better, and got prescribed peppermint gaviscon for the odd heartburn I get :)

Hope you're all feeling fab xx

Glad your test came back clear! I had my consultant and scan today and Baby Calebs belly is measuring too big so im needing the test now next week. Im feeling abit gutted about it because its not like its sugar in my urine its the baby that is measuring bigger,do you think i could have it?
I feel very panicky about it all now feels like its one thing after the other xx

Glad your test came back clear! I had my consultant and scan today and Baby Calebs belly is measuring too big so im needing the test now next week. Im feeling abit gutted about it because its not like its sugar in my urine its the baby that is measuring bigger,do you think i could have it?
I feel very panicky about it all now feels like its one thing after the other xx
The medical proffessionals seem to have a knack of worrying us, they worry me from time to time. Ive been worried about the GTT since last tuesday.

with me they found sugar when i was about 16 weeks and then nothing until recently, i tried to reason with myself that if i had a problem then it would have shown up a bit more constant than that!. plus up until recently baby was measuring 2 weeks behind all the time.

it seems with you that your not showing any of the usual signs either with no sugar in your urine either, it sounds like theyre jumping to conclusions there, some people just have bigger babies than others. But i guess that doesnt help you right now, now they have you worried. Its a case of waiting it out now until your test, i was ever so thankful my results came in the very next day.

Im hoping mine comes back the next day!! hoping its nothing! i thought it would be last appointment with them as my thyroid levels have been fine all through pregnancy but now this they want to see me in 3 wks.
No-one tells you how scary and worrying pregnancy can be,i was fine with Caden! And to top it off they said they wouldn't induce me early because of my SPD even though its a 20 out of 10 in the pain scale. so feel like i have to suffer with everything for 5 0r 6 if i go over more weeks xx

IMO there seems to be a strange fashion for unnecessary GTT at the moment... :growlmad:

Glad you got the all clear madcat! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, the symptoms have eased a bit since last week so I'm hoping it's going to be nothing. Seeing the midwife today for 34 week appointment, was up for 3 hours being hyper last night for some reason and was woken up this morning by the gas men digging up the road - again!

Not long now ladies x

Tas.. I don't have (and havent had) sugar in my urine, but I've got gd..Its safer for them to check so your sugar can be controlled and baby won't have so much probled controlling his or her sugar when born. Is your baby symmetrically big or just belly?xx

peanut, youre right, there does seem a strange fashion for GTT's,theres so many people having them, myself inc, the hospital was doing a roaring trade with them when i was there!

So glad I've not had the GTT worries you lot have experienced, sounds a nightmare !!

Any 35 week bump pics girlies? can't believe it's 5 weeks to gooo :D

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/VenomRamejkis/96affa92-bd9b-42a0-a32b-64c10d18ad0a.jpg

32 + 5

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n245/VenomRamejkis/8ac6b9f1-14ac-4e33-9623-e3919db6d8a4.jpg

35 weeks :) quite happy the only stretchies I have are little purpley ones on my hips, nothing major as of yet :D

P.S just realied we're 34+6 not 35 :( In my head it's thursday today. hahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->