TEAM BIG FAT ME to B-F-P!

Have had a horrible few weeks, my sister lost her best friend and her best friend's 2 month old daughter to a horrible car crash :cry:
I fell off and used food for comfort (it didnt work for longer then a few minutes). I can feel I'm bloated and have gained weight. But one thing I have realised is I need to jump back on and keep going, you never know what tomorrow is going to bring and I want to be around for my kids!!!

Sorry for the sob story, need to get it out :cry:

Have had a horrible few weeks, my sister lost her best friend and her best friend's 2 month old daughter to a horrible car crash :cry:
I fell off and used food for comfort (it didnt work for longer then a few minutes). I can feel I'm bloated and have gained weight. But one thing I have realised is I need to jump back on and keep going, you never know what tomorrow is going to bring and I want to be around for my kids!!!

Sorry for the sob story, need to get it out :cry:

So very sorry. That is incredibly sad. :hugs:

A girl I work with suggested going on a partial liquid only diet with those carnation drinks. Has anyone here ever done a liquid diet before and if so does it even work? She said to drink a carnation shake for breakfast and lunch and have a small meal for dinner. Any thoughts on this would be really helpful...thanks!!

I'm sure you'd lose weight if you did that, but most people just gain all the weight right back, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Just wanted to add - you'll be much more successful in losing weight and keeping it off if you don't think of it as "dieting" or follow some fad. Dieting implies a short term method of losing weight. To keep it off, you have to embrace a new lifestyle. Either completely cut out bad for you food or, more realistically, learn to make your favorite foods in a healthier way. And of course, add in exercise in a way that you can sustain. Don't go crazy with diet or exercise such that you'll get burnt out in a few weeks and go back to the habits that caused you to gain weight in the first place.

I am also planning to have another baby, I have a slight hormonal imbalance which has a really bad effect on my cycles and fertility should I get above a certain weight, I am also BF but as I conceived while BF before I am hoping if I get down to a sensible weight-this shouldn't be an issue. I have 49lb to lose. In the area where I live they class you as high risk if you're above a certain weight as well, and while they do put you back as low risk later on in the pregnancy in most cases-its just hassle I don't want, I really want to go to one booking appointment when pregnant and them say 'your BMI is 23, thats great no worries there' since I have never been moderately slim and pregnant before xx

Got myself a treadmill today! Time to get off my ass and get serious again!

Great work Antsy! I've been totally off since I've been really sick for a while. I haven't worked out in almost two weeks except for a couple of walks. I'll be doing a weigh in tomorrow and hope that the scale has at least moved down a little but I don't have high expectations.

Okay guys... holidays are over! lets bust our butts to keep up the good work.

Okay guys... holidays are over! lets bust our butts to keep up the good work.

LOL I couldn't agree with you more! Holidays are over as well as the bad food!! Good luck and keep up the good work!!

Can I join? I started out at 179.9 and I'm currently 174.8. So I have lost 5.1 lbs. I began on Dec 7th. With the holidays though I haven't weighed myself since the 21st of Dec. So fx I lost more than that! I'm going to weigh myself on the 18th to update! My initilal goal is 140 but I will probably shoot for the extra 20 when I get there! Right now my goal is to get healthy and ttc. After that I will be in super weight loss mode!

Welcome ImSoTired :hi:

I'm still here lol. Lost what I regained and plus extra 300g. I will do a proper weigh in in Friday. No more Christmas food to tempt me lol.

I joined MFP too, so feel free to add me if you have it - twinmummy2006 :) I dont record anything but weight though as I'm not counting calories, but enjoy the support factor lol.

How's everyone going?

I weighed in this week and i have lost 8.8lbs since my last official weigh in here :happydance:
I think that's a total of 30.8lbs YAY

For my own record - I weighed in at 131.3kg, so close to my 15kg lost mark!

How's everyone going?

I weighed in this week and i have lost 8.8lbs since my last official weigh in here :happydance:
I think that's a total of 30.8lbs YAY

For my own record - I weighed in at 131.3kg, so close to my 15kg lost mark!

Great job on the 8.8 lb!

I have not done so great lately. I have been constantly ill and traveling and the holidays....I haven't gained, I've just been losing very very slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->