Team Curvy Bumps - 135 members 35 bfps

My period is normally heavy and very crampy. Has been since I started, last month I spotted blood only when I wiped after being for a wee it was light pink & sometimes brown. This was nearly 3 week ago!! I didn't have any cramps either x x

My period is normally heavy and very crampy. Has been since I started, last month I spotted blood only when I wiped after being for a wee it was light pink & sometimes brown. This was nearly 3 week ago!! I didn't have any cramps either x x

Have you tested ??? How do u feel do u think you are due your period :)

It said negative but last time I was pregnant it didn't show until I was 12 week. I very much think I am. I have that 'feeling' & a few symptoms. My period isn't due till 22nd but after last months none existent flow I don't think it's gonna come!!xx

Well im confused now...... i did another hpk and opk and the hpk is neg but the opk is the darkest ive ever had, the line is almost as dark as the first line, ive always had to squint to see the seconde line but not this one, its not faded yet and is still quite dark, so apart from the obvious answer anyone have any ideas?? could i really be ovulating at cycle day 69???

Hmmm hey hunney, what a strange ole cycle your having, are you still having plenty :sex: to be on the safe side it could be that you are o'v without even having AF, can that happen ?????

Better to try than not though chick xxxxxxxxx:hugs:

:dust::dust:

Hey hun i know its a pretty strange one!! :shrug:

I took another opk right after the first dark one i had and with the same urine sample and it was still pretty dark for me but i slight tinge lighter than the first test, just took another one now and its a little lighter again but still darker than ive ever had :shrug: I missed 3 days of doing opks before doing these so maybe i may have O'vd already?!? but then ive been saying for the past few days that i though af was coming due to pains in my stomach and right side of abdomen so maybe i mistaken them for af pains and they may have been ov pains...

We havent been bding as much as we usually do as OH has been doing a lot of nights and so he sleeps most of the day away then wakes up has food and has to get ready for work again but we did bd a few times over the time i was getting "af pains", i said to fella that if they are af pains we need to get our fix before the :witch: comes because i may have a really long af, so we got a few sessions in so kinda hoping that the swimmers found their way :)

Making me a little more possitive because that means if i did ov i will be close to actually getting af if bean doesnt show so im just going to go with the flow :)

Will continue drinking pomegranate juice and taking multi vitamins, slim fast milk shakes and healthy eating, then ill tackle exercise but ill up the level im at right now and ill focus on everything else first :happydance:

Also going to ask the doc if she can add to the details on my blood test on wednesday, im hoping to get her to add testing for pregnancy to the list instead of giving her a urine sample, think that might be best yeh??

How are you hun? :hugs: xxxxxx

It said negative but last time I was pregnant it didn't show until I was 12 week. I very much think I am. I have that 'feeling' & a few symptoms. My period isn't due till 22nd but after last months none existent flow I don't think it's gonna come!!xx

Maybe you could go to the doctor and get some bloods done that might be more accurate I have my fingers crossed you are hun, keep us posted :hugs:

I don't have any opks but I will get some. Do they help

I find they do chick as u get a positive when u have ur LH surge so u know ur about to OV and can make the most of it :thumbup: or that's what I've been led to believe and they've always worked for me :)
xx

Maybe you could go to the doctor and get some bloods done that might be more accurate I have my fingers crossed you are hun, keep us posted :hugs:

This is going to sound silly but I darent have my blood taken! Had it done before and it didn't go down too well.. Was a right trauma! Going to see if AF shows her face this month and if not then its straight to the doctors & thanks hunny! Definately will xxx

Hey Magic,

All sounds like a good plan to me chick :thumbup:

You sound really positive and all the signs are good so fingers crossed you will get your sticky bean this month, it only takes once so hopefully you caught the little eggy :)
And I woul deffo ask Doc for extra testing when u go for your bloods
It doesn't hurt to ask does it ?

AFM - I'm feeling really good, I've had a nice lazy weekend, had a good night last night at the Steps concert :blush: and I had a faint second line yesterday and today on the Opk's, i have really bad pain in my left side, and lots of CM so I'm thinking i'm about to or am Ovulating so we've bd every day and hopefully that will be enough :winkwink:

Why does no one ever tell you how complicated #ttc is, I really did not know any of what I know now until I came on here and found you lovely ladies, I just thought you had sex, you fell pregnant and that was it, until it didn't happen like that for me that is :shrug:

Hope you've enjoyed your bank holiday :flower:

Xxxxxxx

This is going to sound silly but I darent have my blood taken! Had it done before and it didn't go down too well.. Was a right trauma! Going to see if AF shows her face this month and if not then its straight to the doctors & thanks hunny! Definately will xxx

Got my fingers crossed for you Hun, i hate giving blood as im 1000% terrified of needles but i have got to get them done on wednesday as doc is testing for a few things :( hope everything goes well and af stays away for you :hugs:

Oh dear, I'm sorry about that hun, I get tests pretty regularly because I have an under active thyroid so I don't think of others having problems with them.
I have everything crossed that AF stays away for you :happydance:

XxxxxxxX

Hey Magic,

All sounds like a good plan to me chick :thumbup:

You sound really positive and all the signs are good so fingers crossed you will get your sticky bean this month, it only takes once so hopefully you caught the little eggy :)
And I woul deffo ask Doc for extra testing when u go for your bloods
It doesn't hurt to ask does it ?

AFM - I'm feeling really good, I've had a nice lazy weekend, had a good night last night at the Steps concert :blush: and I had a faint second line yesterday and today on the Opk's, i have really bad pain in my left side, and lots of CM so I'm thinking i'm about to or am Ovulating so we've bd every day and hopefully that will be enough :winkwink:

Why does no one ever tell you how complicated #ttc is, I really did not know any of what I know now until I came on here and found you lovely ladies, I just thought you had sex, you fell pregnant and that was it, until it didn't happen like that for me that is :shrug:

Hope you've enjoyed your bank holiday :flower:

Xxxxxxx

Hey hun yeh i figured if i stay positive and not let anything get to me then it will help me :)

Yeh if ive got to go through the trauma of someone sticking a needle into me i might as well add to the list that they are checking as i do not want to be going back to give blood for a preg test in a few week so ill ask her to add to it if she can :)

Glad you had fun at the steps concert :) i love their song 5,6,7,8 lol and i know it word for word which is worse :haha: I cant slag anyones music collection off because i have such a mental mix of cd's.....Anything from Eric Clapton, Ugly Kid Joe, Cher, New Kids On The Block, Steps, Bette Midler, Aqua, Polyphonic Spree (dear oh dear!!! they are terrible!!!) Im too ashamed to mention the others lol :blush:

Sounds promising with the Opks and Ov pains babe, really hope its happened/happening for you :hugs:

Same here hun i never knew half of what i know now... It too was you and the lovely curvy bumps to taught me all i know :) :flower:
Just think all this hard work to get our lovely sticky jelly bean is just a way to prepare us to be Ace Mums :) and i hope that when we have our lovely babies we will still keep in touch and be there for each other through it all as you are stuck with me now chick :)

Had a lovely weekend thanks hun :) Hope you enjoyed yours too :) xxxxxx

Oh dear, I'm sorry about that hun, I get tests pretty regularly because I have an under active thyroid so I don't think of others having problems with them.
I have everything crossed that AF stays away for you :happydance:

XxxxxxxX

It took her an hour and a half to get my blood! (I'm only 18) I'm fine with injections but when i have to have my blood taken its even worse! I weren't trying to conceive by the way. But weren't preventing it either. Have my own house & live with my boyfriend so if AF did stay away we'd be happy. Although I'm kind of excited now so I hope she doesn't show! I'd be pretty disappointed :( xxxx

AFM - think i'm 2 DPO (hoping for CH tomorrow on FF to confirm) i'm feeling like an absolute b**ch tonight! Everything is winding me up! You know one of the feelings where alcohol and chocolate would be great right now lol

Think the sooner i go to bed the better... might raid the fridge for chocolate first though.. the alcohol can stay in the cupboard i won't risk it just in case...

xx

Hello ladies!

Just wanted to jump in and say a quick hello, I've been sick with cough and headache and of course this is the week my period app shows me as ovulating! I haven't wanted any part of BDing LOL but if it gets the job done! If I did O I noticed I'm not getting the EWCM? Any tips on how to up that if possible? Ok going to lay back down baby dust to all!!! :::)))

Hello ladies!

Just wanted to jump in and say a quick hello, I've been sick with cough and headache and of course this is the week my period app shows me as ovulating! I haven't wanted any part of BDing LOL but if it gets the job done! If I did O I noticed I'm not getting the EWCM? Any tips on how to up that if possible? Ok going to lay back down baby dust to all!!! :::)))

Hey hun, im not sure on how to up your EWCM.. other then using preseed. I just wanted to say though that you shouldnt rely on your phone app to much for when you O. I spent the last 5 months using a website that gave me my Estimated O day... This month I started the SMEP so I had to use OPK's and found that I actually ovulate 3 days later then what I was thinking! Just wanted to give you a heads up so you dont waste 5 months like I did hehe

Hello ladies!

Apparently grapefruit juice helps with increasing CM. also preseed helps at ov time when you are :sex: as it helps the little guys travel better. X

Edit (for clarity) you drink the grapefruit juice lol just in case I wasn't clear :rofl: :dohh:

Hello ladies!

As the others have said, grapefruit juice, and pomegranate juice is also supposed to be good. Otherwise you can try Robitussin (the one with only guaifenesin in it, that needs to be the only active ingredient). :thumbup:

Hey girls. Sorry for not keeping up the past few days. I've been pretty down about TTC and just haven't been able to get myself online to check in. The light line on my OPK that I thought might progress to O never did, and now it is gone again. :cry: CD39, 15 days of light, fertile CM. Maybe I'm just skipping this cycle? Last cycle was 42 days with O on 26. So a skipped cycle + the 26 days before O = 68. So maybe I'll O around CD68? I'm I haven't O'd or gotten AF by CD 90 (more than enough time foe two cycles) I'm heading to the doctor. This is getting ridiculous.

I don't know what is causing this. I'm guessing time of year + weight gain. I had been so good about losing weight last year. Went from 212.5 down to 172, but leading up t my wedding I got of my diet for a couple months- and then the month after was filled with trips... by the end of it I was back u to around 210. I haven't gained any weight since then, but when I was down in the 170's I was consistently O'ing on CD 17-20. And now this.

I really wanted o learn to eat healthy, lose the weight slowly and in a way that I can maintain. But now this? I don't know what is the best way to proceed. I don't know what is the healthiest thing to do. I'm so angry at myself for gaining all the weight back. I've been yo-yo dieting for over a decade and right now I weight the EXACT same thing I weighed 13 years ago.

Until I quit smoking in 2010 I had remained under 165 for 3 years. I had been doing SO WELL. Then DH convinced me to quit smoking, and I agreed because it seemed like a good idea because we had been talking about having kids someday. When I quit I went from 150 to 195 IN 3 MONTHS! Then gained ANOTHER 20 pounds over the next three months. THat's 65 lbs from quitting smoking.

And here is the kicker- EVERYONE IS SO PROUD OF ME! WTF??????

I've compared the risks of how much I was smoking vs the risks of how obese I am and GET THIS: It would have been healthier for me to be smoking. Yet everyone is constantly saying how wonderful it is. I am so friggin sick of it. I used to exercise all the time, I was an avid hiker, I did parkour, I LOVED my life. And now I cant do any of those things.

I've had a bad ankle because of a jogging-related injury for several years now, but when I was lighter it wasn't too bad. Now that I'm heavy, I literally cannot exercise on that ankle without potentially severely damaging it. I can't jog, I can't hike, I can't ice skate- I can't do any of the things I love to do. and without being able to exercise, I don't know how to lose weight.

PLEASE- someone explain to me why everyone keeps telling me how wonderful it is I don't smoke anymore???

Did you know that doctors are just now beginning to recommend that women hold off on quitting smoking until they are their IDEAL weight and have a completely regimented diet put in place? And they're recommending this BECAUSE it turns out that most women actually gain so much weight when they quit smoking that they are actually much more unhealthy after they quit!!!!

OMG- I hate not being able to do anything. I miss my life so much. And quite frankly, I wish I had waited to quit. I AM happy I don't smoke anymore. That is definitely good. But all the bad that has come along with it has gotten me so completely depressed. I went from a size 10 to a size 20. I went from being 20-25 lbs over my ideal weight to being 85-90 bs over my ideal weight.

WHY DID EVERYONE HAVE TO KEEP PUSHING ME TO QUIT SMOKING WHEN I WASN'T READY??? Why couldn't they listen to me when I said I really wanted to get in shape first? Why couldn't they wait until I had the resources to deal with quitting smoking in a healthier way? Why did my husband allow me to eat and eat and eat to cope with quitting? Why did he have to keep taking me to unhealthy restaurants and buy me super unhealthy food???

The first couple months after I quit smoking I had absolutely NO control over my diet. I was so out of it. So just trying to COPE with kicking the addiction. And my DH's SOLUTION? FEED ME. Feed me JUNK FOOD. I asked him later why he did it and he said becuase I was so upset all the time and it was the only thing he could to to make my happy. It was over TWO months of nachos, cake, brownies, pizza, just every kind of JUNK FOOD you can think of.

I NEVER EVER, EVER eat like that, but hat is what I ate. I gained 25 lbs in the first TWO WEEKS. I got stretch marks all over my stomach- which i had NEVER had before. And he didn't hold me back. And he didn't try to get me help. He ENCOURAGED it.

At one point I remember telling him he needed to stop buying such unhealthy things for me when he went to the store. I begged him to just STOP making brownies because I KNEW I could not control myself around them. Food had become my replacement for smoking, Every time I wanted a smoke (which was about 30 times a day!) I ate instead. And even after I begged him to stop. HE KEPT DOING IT! And he STILL thinks what he did was find because he feels like that's how he HELPED me to quit smoking.

By the time I fully worked through the addiction, by the time I finally got a hold of myself again and regained my senses, by the time I could actually comprehend how much food I was shoving in my face- I had gone from 148 to 213 pounds.

I'm so angry at him. I blame him. And by god I want a cigarette and have wanted one for 19 months now.

The only reason I haven't picked one back up again at this point, as ANGRY as I am is because if I do smoke I will just be fat AND killing myself with cigarettes. it won't make the weight go away. It won't get me back to who I was. (And who I was was a lot better of a person- I STILL have not learned to regulate my emotions without nicotine. There are holes in the wall and broken windows because I just can't find a way to calm myself when I get upset. Mind you the brain does not stop developing until around 25 years old and I started smoking when I was 15- nicotine was an integral part to how my brain developed and without it- I just don't feel like myself anymore.)

But there is such a stigma around being a smoker.

And apparently it is better for my so be severely obese, depressed, angry, unable to participate in the activities I love... Apparently it is completely OKAY that I hate who I have become. Because being a NON-SMOKER is "worth it". Because it is not socially acceptable to smoke. Because smoking is disgusting and dirty.

And to make EVERYONE ELSE feel better about life... To make sure everyone else wants to be around me... To not be treated like a leper- it is better that I live this life I now have. Because as upset, overweight, unhealthy, depressed, angry, and out of control I am/feel- it's better than being to;d day after day that BECAUSE OF CIGARETTE, I just wasn't good enough, smart enough, "healthy" enough, ACCEPTABLE enough.

I wish I could take it back.

I wish I could go back to the day I quit smoking and tell that "me" what I know.

I would tell her to stop worrying about what everyone else is saying. i would assure her that WHEN SHE IS READY she'll be able to quit. That she is strong, and smart, and wonderful. That she CAN lose those last 25 pounds. That she CAN learn to eat healthy. I would tell her that her eating problems are caused by PMDD and I would tell her how to treat it. I would tell her how much she'll love yoga once she tries it. I would help her to get the skills she needs to REALLY cope with quitting smoking.

Because what everyone pushed her to do she was not ready for- I was not ready for.

And had everyone just given me the space to make my own decisions in my own time without threatening to abandon me- well, maybe I would have done it my way.

I always wanted to quit smoking, but I always wanted to do it on my own terms. I always wanted to be 100% healthy first.

I did not want to give up all the things I love. I did not want to lose myself. I look in the mirror ad the person staring back at me is someone I do not know. I do not recognize her. I do not LIKE the person I have become. And I can't get "me" back. And I am lost and I am confused and I am so, so terribly unhappy with it all.

And I cannot tell my family. I cannot tell my friends. Because all they will say is that "someday" I will realize that this is all "worth it".

But I have to say it to someone, and you ladies are the only ones who I can actually say this to:

NO. It is NOT worth it. This ongoing HELL is not worth it. I might have smelled icky before. I might have been doing some damage to my lungs and spending some money I did not have to spend- but I LOVED who I was. I was HAPPY. I was strong and fit and active. I went hiking and jogging and I played laser tag and did parkour with my friends. I could fit into clothes I liked. I could walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. I could LIVE MY LIFE. Maybe the smoking thing was a turn off. Maybe I wasn't 100% PERFECT, but I liked me. I enjoyed living my life. Maybe THEY didnt like who I looked like from the outside. But I LOVED who I was from the inside.

I would have quit smoking eventually. Most smokers do not actually want to be smokers for the rest of their lives. But by god, people didn't have to push me so. My DH didn't have to act like he would be able to marry me if I kept smoking.

Any other thing I did, had people treated me so incredibly shitty about- I would have told them to mind their own business.

but because smoking is so drilled into people to be this disgusting habit, this thing that it is OKAY to treat people like shit over, it never even occurred to me that the way people were treating wasn't right. I just thought- these folks are right, I'm so screwed up.

And eventually people broke me down and made me feel shitty enough about myself that I gave up the cigarettes. before I was ready. Before I could get the other things don that I wanted to do first.

I am so angry. So bitter. And I blame them. And I blame my husband.

And I don't know what to do.

I want my life back and there is nothing I can do to get it.

I'm sorry for the rant. I just have no one else to talk to about this. I really, really appreciate you all being here and letting me get this off my chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->