-*- teen tbh -*-

I've not been very well for about two and a half months just with severe morning sickness ( they had a name for it but I can't remember :dohh: ) basically I wasn't keeping any food down and even the slightest sip of water would come back up about 10 minutes later. I kept going to the doctors and they kept giving me different anti sickness meds but none of them where working and it got to the point where I had nothing left to be sick up so I was just bring up stomach acid which was giving me horrible tummy pain and burning my throat and tongue and because if this I was also getting very dehydrated and started getting really weak, dizziness, black spots in my vision etc got to the point where I couldn't even lift my own son and none of the doctors or nurses could get blood from me but they still did nothing more then say "try relax" (how was I supposed to relax looking after a toddler and almost collapsing several times a day!?) anyways one night I actually did collapse and the doctor had to be called out and he checked baby to see if him/her was okay and then he gave me an injection to stop being sick for the night but that was it. A few nights later and I was up all night crying from the pain in my tummy and that's when they finally sent me away but they sent me on a normal flight rather then an air ambulance because it was cheaper... But that's what our shitty health service is like here and they an get away with it and have done for years!

Anyways when I arrived at hospital the staff where pretty disgusted at the state I came in and how long they had left me like this , they ended up taking over two hours and several doctors and nurses and finally an anethetist later to get blood from me (my arms are covered in bruises it's unreal I look like I've been beaten or something!) and they ended up having to put the drip I'm my wrist :sick: because that's the only place they could find a vein, ended up on the drip for the majority of my stay even though the ones where I stay told them I would probably only need one bag (six hours)

Overall I feel a whole lot better now and have found some anti sickness that actually work but I am really angry tbh at the lack of care where I stay especially for a pregnant woman :/

Sorry for the loooong story! :haha:

Wow that is absolutely shocking! :nope:

I take it you managed to get home? :)

Omg I can't believe that Sarah! I bet that was so horrible for you :( a lot of doctors can be like that can't they, just leave you to get on with it! I hope these meds work for you and you stop being sick :hugs: x

That's shocking, Sarah! I can't believe they put you on a commerical flight!! I have had an air ambulance twice (to be fair though first time I was in labour and the second was when Jason was septic) and commercial flights when I've taken Jason to appointments, I'd be fuming if I was being sick so much and had to fly commercially! I'm glad you got better care over on the mainland! Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks ladies :hugs: I am feeling a whole lot better now, I still have regular morning sickness but compared to before that is welcome!! Haha I've also developed yet another new symptom :dohh: If I wake up at any point in the night the room just spins :sick: And I get it every morning too but it passes after about an hour, its a bit shitty tbh but its a HUGE improvement on the state I was in before :happydance: Although if anyone has any suggestions on how to ease this new symptom a bit I would be all ears! :haha:

Tbh I'm so excited for Christmas :happydance: but not looking forward to taking Elodie down her dads, I can imagine what they'll be like with her at Xmas :dohh:

Oh no way Clair! :( how did he manage that? I hope he's okay x

Tbh it's like you don't care half as much as you used to, it's all my fault.. I wasn't myself and this happened. Things will never be the same, not even close. I just want to melt into the ground. I want to rewind time back by 2 years. I want my tiny baby back and I want my loving, caring sweet OH back.. But life goes on, things move forward and people grow up and change. I love you and I never want to lose you.. I just wish things were different.

:hugs: ^ hope you are okay and know we are all here if you need anyone to talk or just vent too :flower:

Thanks :) I'm ok now I've got that out, I do wish I could talk to him about it.. But I know the response as we've had similar conversations in the past.

As I dont really know what exactly the situation is and don't worry I'm not asking :haha: Im not sure if my advice will be the best if that makes any sense :dohh: haha but I do know how frustrating it can be when you and oh have an issue and yous seem to have that same conversation over and over again and nothing changes! It's just so bloody frustrating and you get tired of having that same convo and just end up giving up :/ it's the worst!

I would say maybe think everything out clearly and even maybe write it down and then try sit down and talk again till whatever issue is sorted or yous have both set out steps yous both need to take to make things better , just from personal experience I had my same talk over and over with oh and it never seemed to sink in and maybe it was because I wasn't saying it clearly enough or explaining myself properly but when I did sit and think to myself and actually write down everything so I didn't miss anything out and approached my oh in a way like I wasn't verbally attacking him or anything (like has happened in the past and we just end up arguing) I started off with "I love you with all my heart and we've been through so much together but we aren't as close as we used to be and I don't want to drift any farther apart so something needs to give" don't want to get into exactly what it was about but after approaching oh in maybe more of a loving way and saying that I cared about him and not just "I'm sick of you doing this" etc he seemed to respond a hell of a lot better to what I was saying and really started to open up about why he was behaving in certain ways etc and in turn I actually realised a lot of the problem was me as well :dohh: haha and since that talk things have got I wouldy say 100% but at least 90% better haha

I'm really not sure if anything I said would apply to your situation :dohh: :haha: but I hope you and your oh sort it out soon and manage to get that closeness back :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->