Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

I think I'm the only one who would do one lol. You can still save the other one for next cycle, right? If you couldn't I'd just do both, but of you could I'd do one at a time.

My job is great, today and tomorrow are my last days of training WOOOOO!!!! Finally I'll only be working weekends! Although less money is a bummer, I did pick up a few on-calls and Fridays so it'll make up for a little bit.

Ajd, LMAO! Multiple Sclerosis, you're silly. Makes sense though, usually that's what MS is. But of course BNB talk likes to confuse people. You caved wayyy early, don't even worry about that "bfn" it'll change! ;)

Weather has been great here lately I'm loving it!! Might rain today, but then again they said that yesterday and it was still sunny. Washington weather is so hard to predict.

TypeA Do you have egg retreival tomorrow??? What did you decide? What does DH think you should do?

Breaking This cycle sounds really promising for you!!! Do you have a test date yet? What kinda trip are you planning?!

ajd Silly girl :haha: you are testing way way soon! You are 8 DPO today right? What are the chances that you'll wait until Friday to test? You'll be 11 DPO then, much better timing. I know it's hard!! And I'm :rofl: about MS!! Too funny!!

Grateful I didn't know your bday was coming up!! Did I miss that??! Woot woot! Wish we could all go to dinner or something :)

Lei,KCWants What's up with you?

LDizzy Test date?!

Allika Do you have a test date yet?

Jenna Yahooo that training is almost done! :happydance:

luna You have an u/s on Thursday right?! We get to see the babies again!? YAY! Still staying team yellow?

Lilrojo How have you been feeling? Any more spotting?

AFM, when I wiped last night there was a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of brownish on the TP. I thinK AF will be here today in full force, we'll see.
I think I'm taking another cycle off of Clomid/TTC. We will just NTNP like we did this past cycle - although I'm pretty sure that's not going to end up with me getting a bfp. It's a conversation DH & I really need to have. We haven't talked about it in over a month, since we decided to take this cycle off we haven't spoken once about TTC, which is nice - because it gave us some space from the process and time to focus on other things. But I guess it makes me feel kind of disconnected in a way too, so I need to talk things over with him and see what he thinks our next steps should be.
If/when we do decide to start TTC again, are we going to do one more round of just clomid? Or do I request the referral to the RE so that we can do IUI? Do we even pursue it anymore since I can't seem to stay pregnant? Would hate to spend the $ on IUI just to end up having a m/c again. But I also know that it's not likely I'll get pregnant without some help from the medical world. And I know that we're not going to do IVF, we would likely put adoption before that.
Just a lot to think about! :shrug:

I wouldn't do an IUI if I were you. Obviously the fertilization isn't the problem more so implantation and positioning so I would so Clomid and baby aspirin or Femara and baby aspirin so your lining stays nice and thick.

o day is today for me, we BDed yesterday, the day before and today. So I will be testing 10 days from now but who are we kidding....probably 8 days from now lol

Allika :haha: I'll put you down the same way I did ajd! Excited to have some testing dates!

On a different note: DH and I are going to a round table for adoptive parents on Sunday! So happy DH is coming around, a few months ago he didn't even want to talk about it and now he wants to go!

Nothing new for me lol!! Just popping my follic acid & BC! Now I know why I never use the pill.. I never remember to take it lol

Hopin I am doing well thanks for asking.. my ms has been acting up off and on but its fine... not constant.. No more spotting.. at all... I have 4 suppositories left and then its to the oral.. Cant believe im almost 8 weeks already.. time is flying..

I agree with not doing an IUI until needed.. I would try with clomid one more time and then move on if you must...are you on any type of progesterone supplementation?

Lilrojo That's great the spotting is gone!! I'm sure you'll be SO glad to switch to oral! Time really is flying by for you, feels like you just got that :bfp: yesterday!
I'm not on any progesterone, but that's because my levels always test excellent, even above normal, so we know that's not what the issue is. Such a pain!! Makes me not want to get pregnant, ya know?!

Lei Same here girl!! I could NEVER remember the pill. I was on Nuvaring the last time I was on BC.

Do they test you when you get your bfp?? I know for myself my levels have been fine but dr prescribed me it in case my levels drop at a later point.. my oral was only 5 dollars.. just a thought... but I hope you get that sticky baby soon..

lilrojo Yeah, whenever I get my BFP's they test my beta & progesterone levels. Thanks friend, I hope I do too :hugs: I suppose if it's meant to be it will!

I have been thinking about it for over a year and trying to talk to DH about it! He opened up to the idea 2 weeks ago! :)

Morning Ladies!

Ajd - Nothing special for my birthday...going out to a Japanese Steakhouse Friday evening to celebrate (Birthday is Monday). Getting OLD...not old...but baby old. The big 34. :( Time is still going like a runaway train...I don't feel 34 AT ALL! I am thankful to be pregnant after all these years or my birthday would be stressing me out more I think :winkwink: So this year I feel grateful and happy and at ease.

Hopin - Hmmm...you know...I kinda feel that maybe you should try Femara for a few months (maybe 3 times) and do the baby asprin as well. Clomid is known to make uterus linings thin...and Femara doesn't thin the lining...so maybe that would help with your implantation? I never tried Clomid, my doctor said he prefers Femara because it has way less side effects, but I am an advocate for Femara for sure since it worked for us and made our dream of having a baby come true. Like everyone else is saying, I'm not sure IUI would be necessary for you, because you don't seem to have much of a problem getting pregnant (which is GREAT!!!!) - have you tried anything else except the Clomid? Maybe just switching to Femara could be the solution. I have heard so many times that Clomid works for some, and Femara works for some. I have read that one worked when the other didn't for people. I think you have A LOT to look forward to. :winkwink:

Allika - Yeay to a test date!!!!! :thumbup: Cool also about attending the adoption meeting. Great to have info on all your options! :hugs:

Hopin is your Hubby's sperm OK? The only advantage with iui is that they seperate out all the low quality sperm first which could be the cause of early mc

TypeA I know for a lot of people the number of embryos they put back depends on the quality. If I had one really good quality one that's what I would do. I know everyone here is really into twins but from someone who is actually facing a potentially very difficult pregnancy that very well may result in two premature babies in the hospital I wouldn't urge anyone to try for two ;)

Happy birthday grateful :)

Yup ultrasound on Thursday, I'm sure it's too early to see genders even if we wanted to though :haha:

Allika I think that's great that you're looking into adoption too! It's something that's very close to my heart. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, all of who are adopted. I am the only biological child in the mix. So I hold adoption very close, and feel it's kind of my job to keep that trend going in my family!! My siblings mean SO much to me, and I know they wouldn't be my brother & sisters if it weren't for my parents having such huge hearts. Good for you!!

luna Great point, and you're right, hubby's sperm is NOT fantastic. He got checked, and he was at the very bottom of average on everything except the quality I think (can't remember the actual name for it) which he was slightly below average. I think that's why my doc mentioned IUI a while ago. But I didnt' know that poor sperm quality contributed to early m/c?? That's important info to have...Makes me look at things completely differently...

Thank you ladies!!! Well I am pushing for 2. To put the best and the wort in. I guess we will wait and see what their grade is on day 5. My concern is that the dr only gave us a 50% chance with 2. Doing one seems like I should have just done an IUI with the same percentage.

You can freeze them but I have to get all hopped up on meds again to thicken my lining. And I'm really trying to avoid that if at all possible.

Last night was HORRIBLE. I've cried 3 times in the past 2 days. I thought the had part was over but now I have to take doxycycline (which made me sick) and steroids (which I take at night because I the the way they make me feel) and a trigger shot (for which the pharmacy didn't send us a needle or syringe) and Lupron (which gives me red welps on my stomach). This process is not for the faint of heart!

I just keep telling myself...did I really go through all that to just put back one followed by 15 FETs until it works?!? Ugh.

We did decide that we will only fertilize 12 eggs and will freeze the rest. For religious reasons we want to be able to use all our embryos and our dr indicated that even though we fertilize 12 that will likely give us about 3-4 embryos statistically speaking.

I'm also scared of a twin pregnancy but with our chances of twins being 25%...I'm doubtful that it will occur.

Egg retreival is tomorrow at 8am and I cant wait to drain these basketballs (aka my ovaries). They are so large that when she looks at my lining the ovaries come into the picture!!!!! After the procedure we go straight to talk to the embryologist and find out how many eggs and the semen quality from DHs sample. The sheet they gave me said that we were supposed to BD last night. I just looked at the nurse and laughed. It's uncomfortable to walk let alone BD. DH was on his own.

Allika I think that's great that you're looking into adoption too! It's something that's very close to my heart. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, all of who are adopted. I am the only biological child in the mix. So I hold adoption very close, and feel it's kind of my job to keep that trend going in my family!! My siblings mean SO much to me, and I know they wouldn't be my brother & sisters if it weren't for my parents having such huge hearts. Good for you!!

luna Great point, and you're right, hubby's sperm is NOT fantastic. He got checked, and he was at the very bottom of average on everything except the quality I think (can't remember the actual name for it) which he was slightly below average. I think that's why my doc mentioned IUI a while ago. But I didnt' know that poor sperm quality contributed to early m/c?? That's important info to have...Makes me look at things completely differently...

Hopin- yep I agree with Luna. It definitely does because if the DNA of the sperm is abnormal then the embryo won't survive.

Hopin...i will be going in for blood work the wknd of mothers day...may11/12.
Not sure when I will test.

Ajd...thx hun...goodluck to you!

I'm going on a girls trip...somewhere hot...Bahamas or miami...or both.

TypeA - Your almost there!!! So excited that your egg retrieval time is almost here! You have been a real trooper, I cannot imagine the discomfort you are experiencing. If anything was worth the pain though.....a baby definately is! (Or maybe two!)

Hang in there and can't wait to hear about tomorrow!!!!!! :happydance: Will be thinking of you.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->