Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

IM LITERALLY ABOUT TO LOSE IT!! This nurse called from my REs office and told me the blood work was negative. I said really bc I've been getting very positive home pregnancy tests. She said "ohh hold on let me look. You are right it was positive. Your beta was 70. Sorry about that."

She even told me to stop my meds! Holy crap I'm so pissed what a liability! My dr will not be pleased that this occurred. Im literally fuming! Ugh.

THIS is why I question every single thing they do! Need to calm down now.

OMG TypeA - I would be IRRATE!!!!! That is inexcusable....I would tell your doctor right away. Ridiculous!!!!! :growlmad:

BUT....I'm very very happy to hear your confirmation and your beta of 70!!! Sounds really good!!!

Allika- Oh thats right, I remeber you mentioning the crossfit. Forgive me..my mind has been all over the place lately.

OHHHHH TYPEA- I would have been pissed!!!! That isnt something to be playing with or even making a mistake with.

Am a little nervous that the beta is low-am I crazy? I go back on Friday at 8:30am to retest beta

Agreed on the pissed factor.. that is def inexcusable... but happy with your numbers :)

TypeA- I'd definitely be calling to speak to both the doctor and the office manager about that! Someone needs to get their shtuff straight, especially in these types of situations. Sadly it sounds a lot like my old RE's office, very disorganized. Luckily though you have an awesome beta to start with :)

I can't believe that, TypeA...especially for an IVF patient they should have checked better before talking to you on the phone....

On a different note I think 70 is great. Wait and see it will double or triple by your next apt...

TypeA OMG!! I would have LOST MY COOL!

Your numbers sound great do NOT STRESS over them!! You'll see how much they grow by Friday! :happydance:

So I emailed the dr (who is off today) and told her the situation. She called me from her personal cell phone and said she was so embarrassed and sorry. We talked about the beta and she was very happy with it. So I guess we wait until Friday. They said they want it to increase by 60-100%??

I'm glad you said something to her so the nurse could be talked to. If she had made that mistake with someone else who wasn't taking tests at home and told them to stop their meds that could have caused a huge problem. Shame on her for not paying attention.
I don't know a LOT about beta's but what I do know is it's not the "number" that matters, just the fact that it's doubling. And by your tests getting so much darker I think it will definitely be doubling!! Testing again tomorrow??? When is your first US, any talk of that yet?

Omg typeA I can't believe that nurse! I agree the number doesn't matter just that it's increasing :)

P.S. Ectopic pregnancies have lower hormone levels, you probably wouldn't get a BFP with an ectopic until well after AF is due. Just to ease your mind a bit ;) Plus you'd have a lot of cramping.

Jenna- THANK YOU! That does help! And now the testing REALLY begins! I'll test tomorrow morning and Friday morning. I'm hoping that will help me calm down and not worry so much!

Thank you ladies for being angry with me! It's funny because DH gets so mad when I take HPTs. Had I not taken one here I would have stopped taking all meds and likely miscarried. So lessons here are: being a POAS addict is a good thing, always question everyone, and always be on a fabulously supportive thread like this one! :)

The dr herself will call me on Friday with the results. If they are doubling then I start heparin injections. Yay me! More flipping injections!

TypeA My DH gets mad at me too for poas a lot. Especially when I have a bfp. They just don't get it!!!

Breaking Are you ok hun? Starting to really worry about you!!! :flower:

Hopin- tell him my story! DH is a changed man! He's going to have no probs with the tests now.

What is it? Original Husband? I still struggle with all the acronyms.

Hello everyone

Thanks sooo much for looking out for me.

I'm here and I'm good...i was obviously sad about bfn but it was MUCH easier to handle this time around. You all know how hard the first IUI cycle was.

Question for you ladies on what I should do: I go AF this afternoon.
And am going on vacation friday to Monday.

To start next cycle I need to go in for CD3 scan, get meds etc.

Tomorrow is CD2...DH suggests I just go to the clinic really early with no appt. get a cd2 scan instead and get meds to start on CD 3 while on vacay.

I was thinking to call the clinic nurse let her know I can't come in until cd7 after vacation but if they can call in prescription to my pharmacy for femera.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Aside from all lovely ttc stuff...i leave for bahamas/miami tomorrow night with girlfriends...yay!!

I just got caught up and read the last dozen pages.

Ldizzy& Type A...Congrats on the bfps. so happy for you:)

Hoping...how's the relaxed BDing for fun going?

Allika...my AF didn't arrive until today 17 dpo bc of prog supps. I'm usually a 14dpo on the dot type person.

Grateful...rojo...how are the bumps?

Jenna and Lei...you girls cracked me up..lol. DH and I are always being silly as well...its so much fun.

Hoping...so glad to hear from momof...she sounds like such a strong lady.

Also...DH is wondering if we should go to IVF if IUI #3 does not work.

I don't think I'm ready for that journey...mentally, physically (financially we could do it by managing other things).

I just feel like WE got pregnant on our OWN in October...and it was a chemical bc follies are to small. After 3 clomid+1 femera cycles BD only and now our 2nd IUI with injectables with all bfns.

Is IVF my only option? Is IUI just not going to work. Even though that ONE time we just had good ole sex...sperm met egg...but egg wasnt big enough to survive.

I don't know...any advice?

Oh breaking ...I think that's the answer we are all trying to find....what will be successful for us all? And I bet for each and everyone it's something different. What works for one might not work for everyone else.

An advantage in IVF is that you can control everything but implantation. There aren't as many question marks.

The disadvantage is the shots, the money, all the appointments and what I find worst the whole "what if this doesn't work neither?"

My husband and I put so much faith in IVF always saying..."we still got IVF, if worst comes to worst we can do IVF"....but what if that last resort ends in a BFN. I can only assume that a BFN after IVF knocks you out harder than anything else....

I should have results before the end of the work day. They just took one vial of blood, so fingers crossed! Ummmm ghat be a silly question, but what exactly is a beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->