Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

I'm so glad I have all of you girls.....because I just can't win!

I had two smiley faces tonight. Looks like I will be doing my IUI on Saturday morning if I can get ahold of someone at the office...with my follies estimated to be 18.5 and 19.5mm.

It is so hard dealing with weekend Surges every single cycle...argggghhh!

Deep calming thoughts....deep breath... I'm making a baby tomorrow!!

Hi everyone, I've been reading ALL the pages to catch up. My brother, wife, and 3 yr old daughter were in town. Took her to the Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America - wow she has a lot of energy. I keep telling DH that they don't stay that age forever!

I saw this ad for a movie starring Minnie Driver. When a successful couple loses their child on the day he's supposed to be born, they must overcome their grief to save their relationship and start a family together.
https://www.facebook.com/returntozerofilm?fref=ts

HOPIN- photos of the kitchen!!!

so good to hear from momof1

ajd - good luck today on iui!

fertilaid - I've seen it being used - let's see if it works for you!

breaking – did you try mucinex or anything else to help get ewcm on the clomid cycles? I believe that’s what helped me get my bfp. Clomid helps with your eggs but if the spermies can’t get through. Really makes you wonder about the IUI's tho...

My name is Amelia and I'm a project mgr for a mfg co. Bleeding has stopped last week and just waiting for AF to appear. :coffee:

We are visiting my mom in Arkansas and told her last night. She freaked out and cried. It was really great! Then today we were riding around in a golf cart like thing and hit a pothole. Mom is convinced it has hurt the baby. Hopefully this is not the case. Anyone with similar scares?

Baby is Fine! There are so many layers wrapped around it and its so teetsy-tiny that nothing could have hurt it!

Ajd, think happy thoughts!!! Relaaaaaxxxxxx :) Have you gotten a hold of anyone? Weekends are frustrating but it'll soon be behind you and you'll have a mini baby in the making!

Lune, Hopin is the one with the new kitchen dear :) You don't want to see mine, its tiny! I do have a huge pantry though ;)

TypeA, the baby is JUST FINE don't worry! They're surrounded by SOOO much protection, believe me. My dog used to pounce all over my belly all the time and Draven is just fine. Those little guys can take a lot.

Today’s IUI was actually quite interesting for a few different reasons.

First, while going over the sizes of my follies and the pluses and minuses of doing a trigger shot last night when I first tested positive on my OPK (which I didn’t do, I waited for the go from my NP this morning to trigger) we ventured off to the topic of my sperm count this month. I knew it was going to be a lower count than I wanted because last time I had sperm that he donated on the same day it was much lower than what they said was going to be in the vial. My NP brought up something very interesting that I would never have even thought about…she asked what the sperm’s bank guarantee for sperm count was and to check my contract with them. I looked online and here is what they have to say:

Important Information Regarding our Warranty: Sperm counts may differ by as much as 20% to 40% among laboratories due to variations in methods and instruments used for sperm assessments. For this reason, the PRS warranty applies for variations greater than 30% when proper storage conditions are maintained by the recipient or her clinic and when pregnancy did not occur using the specimen.

When I picked up the sample it was listed to have 11 million motile sperm in the vial. When the clinic thawed and tested it they only found 4 million there. Last time I had sperm from this date it only yielded 5million sperm and a BFN. So if I get another BPN this month than I submit a claim to see if I can get a replacement vial for my next IUI as my sample was almost 65% off from what it should have been. I just wish I knew this before, as it is now too late to make a claim on the vial we used in February and it's $750 a pop!

The second thing that was interesting was that the NP I saw today thinks it may be time to step up the game and move on to injections if I don’t get my BFP this month. I had to schedule an apt with the RE for June 18th to kinda touch base and see what he wants to do. I have gotten pregnant twice when I first started TTC but then had 5 consecutive failed IUI’s…which doesn’t have me worried about my fertility yet…especially with one IUI being slightly later than wanted (last month) and one with way too many follies (NP said when you get That many follies it isn’t good for conception as there isn’t a lot of room up there for the sperm to find the egg). I’m a little hesitant to jump right to shots. As far as the miscarriages, I wasn’t using progesterone for either of those so I still think I will be okay next time around. Just knowing that I can get pregnant and that I ovulate every month on my own makes me wanna sit back and really consider my options. I’m not sure why I am hesitant about the shots?

For now I just sit back and relax and see what happens. My official test date is June 2nd for my beta but my home test date will be June 1st (Hosting a pool party)

Wow I had no idea they had a guarantee with that stuff! It's nice though since its so pricey and you're paying the same amount for less quality. I'd definitely ask them. I'm glad your IUI went well though o hope this is the last time you have to do it! However, if its not, I don't blame you for not wanting to jump right to injections. It's all your decision and you can absolutely tell them no thank you. There's nothing really wrong with you, sounds like the sperm quality was just a little low and unfortunately they didn't have you on progesterone with your first BFPs. Now that that's fixed, its just time for nature to take its course.
Pool party huh?!?! Too bad I can't come ;)

Jenna, you're more than welcome to head just south of San Francisco and join the pool party!

I had no idea they had this guarantee either, I'm soooooo happy my NP mentioned it. They just recently had to do all the paperwork for another person from a different sperm bank and so I think everyone at the office was more aware of idea of doing that.

I still feel like this could be the one for me!!

And if not,I have decided to take next month off and enjoy myself a vacation away with some friends! We rented a 5 bedroom home down near Santa Barbara for a nice weekend away playing games and sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather. There will be 2 babies there under the age of 1yr old so I will be in heaven!!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)

Aww AJD best of luck sweetie.. were keeping everything crossed... :)

Vkj Welcome! GL to you with your 2nd IUI, FX'd for you to get your bfp this month! Tell us your story when you can:)

ajd Thinking of you hun! This one is going to be it for you, I just have a good feeling!! :flower: When is your test date?

lune I'm glad your bleeding stopped. Are you planning on getting right back into TTC?

TypeA You're fine! Hitting a pothole does NOT hurt your baby! <3 You're so sweet<3

TypeA, LDizzy Any symptoms yet?!

We have a bunch of pre-natals and a beta appointment this week, which is AWESOME!! Who is getting u/s this week or are they all just pre-natal checkups? And when are our test dates?!?!!? We need those! Not a single one on the board yet.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

Random question: Does anyone here watch the show Arrested Development? I'm a HUGE fan and super excited about the new season coming out on Netflix Sunday. :happydance:

I have my ultrasound on Thursday.. followed by a normal prenatal :)

Grateful, I've never heard of it before. What's it about? I'm trying to get in to more Netflix lately since we just decided to turn off our cable and stick to Netflix and Hulu. Saves is $70 a month when we hardly watch regular TV anymore anyways.

Grateful, I've never heard of it before. What's it about? I'm trying to get in to more Netflix lately since we just decided to turn off our cable and stick to Netflix and Hulu. Saves is $70 a month when we hardly watch regular TV anymore anyways.

Jenna - it is basically about an extremely disfunctional rich family. It is hilarious. You should start at season 1 and watch the first few episodes to see if you like it. It was originally an HBO series years ago and it was on for 3 seasons and then stopped. After it went off the air it became so popular
that Netflix invested in having a 4th season made. It is coming out brand new and only on Netflix this Sunday.

The show just really cracks me up.....

So because yours truly is neurotic and literally may not make it through this pregnancy with any hair left on my head from worrying....I asked to take another beta today. Fridays beta was 138. Today's beta 538!! Holy cow!! Definitely doubling...And more.

I started having some light cramping yesterday that freaked me out. So I decided to test just to be sure. I wonder if my drs office has a countdown for my graduation to my OB. HA! Very likely.

I've heard a lot about this show! I'm going to start watching it tonight!

Hopin - Yes, as soon as I get first AF, I will TTC again next cycle with Clomid. It has been 4 weeks and if the BBT is correct I haven't O'd yet. :growlmad: Today is 4 weeks since M/C so it will be at least another 2+ before I can start TTC again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->