Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Did any of you have the early genetic 12 week screening? I don't know of we should or not

I'm 36yrs old so I plan on having every test done I can... scary

It's difficult for me to remember but I'm pretty sure I did all tests that my doctor recommended! :hugs:

Well Ladies no BFP the first round but its okay at least I know this medication is working for me with ovulation and getting my AF on track which has never been on the right track until now, so Im on the my second round of femera 7.5 started it yesterday on cycle day 5 so hopefully better luck this time

I've been busy lately but have been trying to stay updated on everyone's progress. So excited to see all the BFP's progressing!

I tell you this wait before IVF starting just might be worse than the 2 week wait. I'm excited to start but yet have so many questions. Wondering if maybe you wonderful ladies can help me out.

First- What are the benefits and drawbacks of having ICSI vs not. The fertility clinic where I am having the egg retrieval and procedure is different than my regular fertility clinic. The Dr says they have much higher success rates for whatever reason. The clinic where I now have to go to for the procedures charges an extra $1000 for ICSI. I just want to have some thoughts on it before my next appointment before I bring it up with the Dr.
2) Is it normally still a 2 week wait after the transfer before betas are done?
3) I'm thinking that based on this pricing for IVF we won't be able to do another one for maybe 6-12 months having to save up. This stresses me. IVF even with medications covered is going to cost about $6500 and that is including the donor sperm. So again that begs the question with ICSI benefit us in upgrading the success rate???
Anything else I should be considering for IVF?

Thanks again ladies!

Well I didn't want to do ICSI at first because we had no male factor issues. At our practice they do ICSI only because they have seen cases where no fertilization occurred even though the sperm was fine due to hard egg shells. Having said that I am glad we did ICSI because of our 21 20 fertilized
and that helped us having a high quote
of embryos that made it past day 5. We transferred one and have 10 blastocysts frozen. I doubt we had that many if it weren't for ICSI.

Nah they do the 2 ww period for bloods at my practice too but I tested positive at 5dp5dt and they ran a beta when I asked them...

Thanks Alika- so ICSI more or less increases your chances of having more fertilized eggs? So without it I could still have fertilized eggs? I have no female factor and the last sperm sample we had from this donor had very good sperm count. I believe 20 million.

Yes exactly ICSI will no doubt give you more fertilized eggs so more chances of embryos that are good for a 5day transfer. Without ICSI you probably will still have fertilization but maybe not as high of a %. You would want as many eggs fertilized as possible because between fertilization and 5 day transfer a lot of them won't make it due to genetic abnormalities etc. so if you have 15 eggs and with ICSI 13 fertilize you would have 6-7 blastocysts, without ICSI maybe only 3-4...or in worst case scenario: none.

My doctor said that 15-20% of eggs do not fertilize normally even if there is no male factor factor.

There is a girl on here that didnt do ICSI and has regrets about it. It was a few pages ago that she talked about it.

Ahhh okay, makes sense. Thanks Alika- what would I do without this forum?!?!?!

I will make sure to ask the Dr on my next appointment about ICSI.

Did any of you have the early genetic 12 week screening? I don't know of we should or not
I just wanted to elaborate now that I'm not on my phone. My doctor didn't really give us the option of getting all the testing done, I'm sure I could have declined if I made a big fuss but because we were originally expecting twins that put us at higher risk for abnormalities anyways. Either way I would have definitely done it. Last December my brother and sil lost their baby, they didn't do the genetic testing for whatever reason but then found out at the 20 week scan that the baby had a severe chromosomal abnormality and would never survive. In addition something about the situation made continuing to carry the baby life threatening to her so they made the decision to terminate which I can only imagine being just horrible especially being that far along. It wasn't a decision made lightly, they spent around $15000 to get to that point as they needed to do ivf and one fet just to get pregnant. While finding out at 12 weeks would also be very heartbreaking I can't even imagine having to be induced and actually deliver the baby to get it out later on. Also even if you would never decide to end the pregnancy the screening can pick up other things that can effect how your doctor handles things later on like if the baby has a heart condition they may automatically do a c section to keep it's stress levels down or maybe baby needs some sort of treatment right after birth. Anyways not trying to scare you I just think you can get so much information from these very non invasive tests it would be crazy not to get them done. The only thing I really don't like is how some doctors will give you a percentage of your chances of having problems, my doctor never told me any numbers just that everything was fine.
(btw my brother and sil got pregnant naturally for the first time ever after seeing a naturopath and are due a week after me! They had all the testing done this time and everything is perfect :))

Shugga- so sorry about last cycle. good luck to you this cyle

Luna- thanks for that information. I am taking everything into consideration and it is good to hear other peoples information.

Not sure if I already mentioned on this thread but I did schedule it for oct 14th so this way when I make a final decision I at least have an appt I can go to or cancel.

My 3 sisters have all had kids within the past 5yrs so I want to see what they did. they dont know im pregnant but prob going to let family know within the next week or so.

Hello again everyone!

It's so great to see so many BFP's on here! Congratulations everyone!

I have my u/s scheduled for tomorrow to see if the femara is working :)I am so excited and so nervous at the same time

Shugga: I am on femara too and I am in the middle of my 1st cycle. It's great to know that femara gave you several follicles!

So sorry about your bfn Shugga :( fingers crossed for next month.

Congrats to everyone who had their fabulous ultrasounds and betas this week.

As for me...I'm in the thick of the tww. No weird symptoms to report. Not feeling too hopeful today given DHs counts and the fact that I only had one follie and it was on the right :(

There are so many new people who have joined onto our thread and I just wanted to stop and say hi and try to figure you all out ☺

DaisyFlower: Exciting to be in the TTW, we love testers!! When is your test date?

LifeisBeauty: Can’t wait to hear about your follies :happydance: Go team Femara! Will you be doing an IUI or all natural?

Hockey: I never quiet made it to the IVF consult and so I’m not sure what ICSI means?

Shugga: will you be going in for an u/s to see how many follies you have?

Sunshine: keeping my FX for you and hoping to wake up to a test to line spot! Happy Birthday!!!!

Mwb: best of luck with your two eggies! Have you decided on when to test yet?

Ttcmoon: Test date is coming up soon….have you gotten the urge to test early? Do you know how many follies you had?

River: Keep us posted on how your u/s goes and what the plan for this cycle is. Best of luck with your first IUI

Smiley: hopefully this is your month :hugs:

EA: have you done the acupuncture yet this week? I have been doing it for a year now and don’t feel different during or after… but some women do.

Manda: I have faith your little one is right around the corner. Happy that you both made a decision you were comfortable with.

Kins: Happy 10wks! I’m happy to hear you made the appt and will take with your family soon and decide what is best for both of you and what you can handle. Keeping my thoughts with you.

IGH:Happy 12wks!! Hope you’re feeling better. Has the Doppler arrived yet?

Grateful: Happy Annv Tomorrow!!

Breakin: how are you doing my dear? You and hubby have any fanstatic plans this weekend?

Luna: Happy 33wks!! Almost there girl!

LDizzy and Jenna: I Love both of your guesses!! Two little girls hehe

Rojo: Your little ones are growing up so fast! Love your pics of them ☺

Lune, Allika, Hopin: how are the newly pregnant ladies doing? Any more fun early symptoms? I got to start stool softeners this morning….yay :haha:

Sorry if I missed anyone….I really tried to get everyone!

@adj: I have nearly no symptoms. Every now and then a light pulling but nothing else. It freaks me out a little bit. Then again the hcg increase causes symptoms and I wonder if when you received a hcg trigger your body is already kind of used to it?! Going in for bloods again today! In the end it's out of my hands anyway!

When do you go for bloods Allika?

Just so you know, I have zero symptoms today. It's never fun to not have them, but you're right, whatever is going to happen is going to happen so we just have to have faith!

Hopin and Allika - I remember feeling bad MS at week 6 and it only lasted for a week and a half and then I virtually had no symptoms and the MS just went right away suddenly. So it doesn't mean anything for them to disappear or to not have "symptoms". :flower:

is it possible to suddenly have MS? haha im so nauseated this morning but I also have had a headache past couple days so its prob all related.

How is everyone this morning?

Any test results yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"