Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Mwp congratulations!!! Clear as day, wahoo!! Maybe you'll even have twinsies ;)

Kins you poor thing :hugs: just one of those stupid days. Take a nice bath when you get home :)

Grateful I always had OH keep his phone next to me when I went to "jail" in case I forgot something. Always had to have water!

Hi

Iam doing ok. I decided to call in sick today. I have been having a lot of anxiety lately, I don't really know where it is coming from.

How is everyone?

Congrats on the bfp MWB!!!

Hello ladies! I've been quietly reading and trying to keep up to date with everyone. Feels like there just isn't enough time in the day and weekends just speed right by, boo!
Congrats to all the ladies that got their BFPs! That's amazing!
Good luck to all the new ladies! And welcome!
Game is on in our corner, just started Lupron injections today, retrieval will be the week of Oct 14. Hoping this round will be much better. It's our last go this year and until we get our wedding out of the way :)
Happy hump day!!

Woooohoooo mwb!! You must be so excited!!!

Anmlz, I am keeping my fingers crossed extra tight for you hun.

You guys know the whole body scanners they have now at the air port? Are they safe? I emailed by OBGYN Nurse Practioner but she is out on maternity leave so some nurse emailed me back with this long documentation. Like cant she just tell me yes or no. From what she sent it looks like it wouldnt be harmful what do you guys think?

Take a look at what she sent....really?

"As for the other question you had please be advised ,there were no systematic reviews on the effect of airport-style full body scanners on pregnant women.

However, the Health Protection Agency has published an assessment of the radiation doses associated with backscatter body scanners most frequently used at UK airports2 (Evidence level IV). For the general population, the advice is:

“HPA recommends a dose constraint of 300 micro Sv/year to a member of the public from practices involving the deliberate use of ionising radiation sources. A passenger would need to be examined 5000 times before exceeding this constraint value (based on three scans per examination). It is concluded that the potential doses received from the use of a correctly installed and used x-ray backscatter body scanner are likely to be very low. Even in the case of frequent fliers the doses are unlikely to exceed 20 micro Sv/year.”

The advice goes on to consider more vulnerable travellers, including pregnant women:

“Whilst there are stages of pregnancy where a fetus is considered to be more susceptible to harm from radiation, the backscatter technology ensures that negligible doses are absorbed into the body (where the fetus is) and the fetal dose is thus much lower than the dose to a pregnant woman.”

The US Transportation Security Administration (www.tsa.gov), has also published guidance on the technology used in airport full body scanners and the associated health considerations3 (Evidence level IV). This guidance describes backscatter and millimetre wave scanners and compares the emissions to other, every-day activities:

Backscatter machines - Produce low level x-rays and give 2d images. The radiation levels of such machines is equivalent to 2 minutes of air travel.

Millimetre wave units - Produce radio waves and give 3d images. Emission levels are 10,000 lower than a mobile phone.

I hope this was helpful,if you have any other questions please get back to us. "

Personally I wouldn't risk it especially during first tri. You should be able to opt for a pat down instead.

Goodness, that email was a bit much!! I'm with Luna. Better safe than sorry.

ya thats what I was thinking too. when i get there Ill just ask for pat down. hopefully the dont think im a criminal haha

But seriously whats with my office. she basically cut and pasted. Im looking at the TSA website now but ultimately I am going to be asking not to go through it.

I leave on Sunday night for las vegas

Just real quick. A video I came across a while ago and wanted to share. I think every woman should watch this, it's really an eye opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litXW91UauE

I thought they only use the body scanner if they think you are hiding something, or at random. FX you don't even have to go through either.

You don't HAVE to go through the scanner...it is optional. Most people do, but all you have to do is when its your turn to go, point to your stomach and tell them you are pregnant and don't want to go through the scanner. I did that and the guy said "Well you can get a pat down if you want to, but the scanner SHOULD be safe for pregnant women." LOL I went for the pat down...its no big deal and it was quick. They understand when pregnant women don't want to go through the scanner.

Agreed... cant you just go through the metal detector and not the full body..

Thanks everyone!! I still can't believe I got the :bfp: :happydance:

Anmlz: Good luck to you, keep us updated on your progress

Jenna: Great video, thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back