Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

I went in for my follie check this morning. Actually talked OH into coming to see what it was all about. I got the realistic fs today, not the new jovial one. He said that I have 2 follies - one on each side - 12mm and 17mm. lining at 6mm so far. He wants us to bd tomorrow and come in for another scan on Sat. He said they can't give me any more meds since they want the smaller one to catch up to the bigger one, and don't want the bigger one growing too much.

So, put me down for another follie check on Sat :)

Unfortunately, being the realist he is, also told us that with my age and the level of meds they are giving me, they should have seen at least 3-4 maturing follies...the IUI is still a go at this point, but he was disappointed in my body's response. I am not sure what this means in terms of our plans if this IUI fails..Do they just give other drugs? or does he recommend IVF instead? sigh. I hope this is it!

Update- I ended up calling (did I mention I am impatient? LOL) Nurse on the phone was super nice and said I was next on her list to call. I have my transfer tomorrow at 1145. She wasn't sure the status of the embryos so she transferred me to the lab and I left a voicemail. So still waiting to hear back on that. I am not sure if they are transferring both or just one. I almost hope it is both since I only have 2 and they won't freeze just one.

Update- I ended up calling (did I mention I am impatient? LOL) Nurse on the phone was super nice and said I was next on her list to call. I have my transfer tomorrow at 1145. She wasn't sure the status of the embryos so she transferred me to the lab and I left a voicemail. So still waiting to hear back on that. I am not sure if they are transferring both or just one. I almost hope it is both since I only have 2 and they won't freeze just one.

OH that is great!!! So exciting. I am really hoping they put back 2 cause doesn't make sense to waste one if they won't freeze it. I would put your foot down and say u want 2. lol

I got another call- both embys are 4 cell grade 2 today and growing he said. I know grade 2 is okay but anyone know how many cells they should be on day 2 and will it improve on day 3? Also he said they would likely transfer both of them since I only have 2 :)
Getting more excited now. Also, why do they ask you to have a full bladder for the transfer? I would have thought it would be empty bladder!

Hockey- 4 cell is exactly where they should be. The embryos will double in cell count every day. So day 2 they are 4 cell and for a 3 day transfer they will want to see any where from 7-9 cells. The full bladder is so they can see better where to place the embryos for implantation. So excited for you!!!

@ Hopin – thank you for the constant encouragement!

@ Manda – good luck with your IUI Saturday! I had a Nevis on my head close to 30 years ago… I had 2 surgeries – 1 @ 10 months, 1 @ 14 months… They shaved my skull a bit so I have a flat spot… No issues since, and I’m sure medicine has improved in that time! Good luck with your daughter

@ lifeis – so sorry for you loss. Sending loving thoughts your way!

@ River – sorry about your BFN… Good luck this cycle! My husband hasn’t come to any follie scans yet, because he does sales on the road everyday – so it’s tough for him to be there with me… I do call him with an update that I’m not sure he understands when I leave.

@ Lune – congrats on a great scan… sorry for being a bit behind… I did do the NT scan the first time around… Our feeling was we wanted to know what to expect – if our baby was going to have issues we wanted to be able to prepare for them - and if there were no issues then it’s just another chance to see your baby! – Also I have a history of Downs in my family

@ADJ – what a beautiful scan! Congrats

@MWB – congrats on twins! How exciting

@Hockey – how was the retrieval? I’m almost positive we’re starting IVF next cycle, so I’m right behind you! Keep me updated so I know what to expect  I just read further to see that both were fertilized – are you feeling better (physically and mentally) now? Good luck with your transfer tomorrow.

@TTC – fingers crossed – it can be frustrating with you timing is off, but that doesn’t mean you’re out

@Allika – hope you’re feeling better, must have been scary

Sorry for anyone I missed...

RE: timing of kids – Ideally we would have wanted our kids back to back to back… That hasn’t worked out so far so we’re trying to just get knocked up for now and worry about timing later!

AFM- Went for my HSG today. Backing up a step, I went for the IVF consult last week. I love the doctor! It was an hour long appt in her office, at my OB’s office it’s usually 10 mins in an exam room… She thinks with my history of trauma related to the accident that my tubes were damaged / cut during one of my surgeries; that when they resectioned my intestines they probably clipped one or both of my tubes as well. With how my body has reacted to all the meds, # of follies, timing of sex & IUIs and still not being pregnant she thinks it makes sense… My insurance is pretty good, so it looks like we'll move to IVF regardless of the HSG results. So while I’m sad that it means I may never conceive naturally again – an answer and plan is positive. I got AF last Wednesday, and went for my CD3 blood work on Friday. Today @ CD9 I had an HSG. I woke up in the middle of the night with a UTI – so I’m super uncomfortable today!! They tried 2 different catheters before switching to a balloon for the HSG- the dye finally moved – so they may be collapsed but they’re still there!! My right tube is swollen, the left looked better. I go back on Nov 1st for a consult.

And as far as non-TTC news… The guy who hit us is not pleading out – he’s bringing it to trial, so that sucks! It’s been a long journey and there’s no real end in sight yet. At first I felt like it was a tragic mistake on his part, now every time I see him I get more angry & want him to know our continued pain…On the civil side, we’ve set a mediation date – Nov 22nd – so that’s a positive. There’s a good chance the insurance settlement happens before the end of the year… It’s me, hubby, Grayson’s estate, our lawyer, our insurance company, and the other 2 passengers from the other car, their two lawyers, the other insurance company, and a mediator!!!! Sounds like a long stressful day to me, and it may interfere with fertility treatments, so not looking forward to that timing issue… Found out all this court stuff last week - it was an emotionally draining week

I got another call- both embys are 4 cell grade 2 today and growing he said. I know grade 2 is okay but anyone know how many cells they should be on day 2 and will it improve on day 3? Also he said they would likely transfer both of them since I only have 2 :)
Getting more excited now. Also, why do they ask you to have a full bladder for the transfer? I would have thought it would be empty bladder!

That's great!! The full bladder is 1. because they can see the uterus better on the ultrasound and 2. it's easier to transfer the embryos, because of the shape of the uterus when the bladder is full.

Don't overdo the drinking water though. If you have to wait a little while in the doctor's office, it's going to be very uncomfortable!! That was the hardest part of the transfer for me haha.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow!! :hugs:

So much love for these little blueberries!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
EA- you have a great attitude. I bet IVF will be the ticket for you.

I'm sorry to hear about the trial and all you'll have to go through.

Oh what a beautiful scan MWF, love seeing those little babies in there!

Hello ladies. Thanks for all the thoughtful comments. It is so great to see all these growing beans around here!

My Dr. called today and is going to have me come in on Thursday next week to check my HCG levels and make sure they are as low as they want them. The days have been getting easier and easier, with a couple hiccups throughout the day. Today was a little more difficult because it was the first day I started actually bleeding. I'm hoping the bleeding doesn't last too long. Mr Dr. said she wants me to get my period twice and on the second time we can start treatments again. So I am guessing it will be around December. Is that timing pretty typical with a m/c?

Ea- so glad your consult went so well and you do have such a great attitude! I know ivf will work for you!!

Mwb- what a cool scan!!

Hockey- good luck tomorrow!!

LifeisB: timing is pretty typical, they usually want you to wait around two cycles before tying again, to give your body some time to heal. What I have seen many, many times though is that many woman get their surprise BFP right after a loss.....even when their first BFP was medicated or IVF! So unless they told you not to BD.....best of luck!!

Agree with AJD here! Friend of Mine got pregnant immediately after her MC. Now has a healthy 2 months old

I went in for my follie check this morning. Actually talked OH into coming to see what it was all about. I got the realistic fs today, not the new jovial one. He said that I have 2 follies - one on each side - 12mm and 17mm. lining at 6mm so far. He wants us to bd tomorrow and come in for another scan on Sat. He said they can't give me any more meds since they want the smaller one to catch up to the bigger one, and don't want the bigger one growing too much.

So, put me down for another follie check on Sat :)

Unfortunately, being the realist he is, also told us that with my age and the level of meds they are giving me, they should have seen at least 3-4 maturing follies...the IUI is still a go at this point, but he was disappointed in my body's response. I am not sure what this means in terms of our plans if this IUI fails..Do they just give other drugs? or does he recommend IVF instead? sigh. I hope this is it!

I hope this is it for you too!!

So I was just looking at some chat boards and I cannot believe how rude some people are and downright mean. So glad I have you guys to talk with!!!

mwb - Such nice babies!I am sure they are having great time in mommas womb.Lots of love for them.

EA - You really have a great attitude.Good to know your insurance will pay the cost of IVF.It is not possible here.They do not consider infertility as a live threatening one.So no insurance coverage at all.I hope you get your rainbow in this cycle.HSG gives pretty uncomfortable, I had shell fish allergy which I dint know.As we do not eat them.After HSG I got bad kind of rashes all over my body.But do take care of the UTI.Do not neglect.FX'd for you.Keep us updated.

River - Every cycle is different.I too did not respond well in this IUI cycle.Though I generally make 2 follies with clomid alone, I made 2 with clomid+injections.But it takes only one.The follies grow at the rate of 1-2mm per day.So the smaller one even catch up!And even after the trigger they grow a bit and mature.So no worries.I hope you never need an IVF and this is the lucky cycle for you.When is your IUI planned?

Hockey - I do not have an answer for you.I am yet to go through IVF.Planning one soon though.But I want to wish you all the best.Looks like we are going to see another set of scan pic (with twins) soon!FX'd.

LifeisB - My doc asked me to wait for one full cycle+miscarriage cycle.So 2 cycles here.It is pretty standard.Personally I never got pg after MC cycle.But plenty of examples are there.they say ladies are more fertile after MC as body just experienced one pregnancy.Anything can happen!I hope you days get easier and you stop bleeding soon.

Ingodshand - How are you doing?

Allika - how are you feeling now?post the operation?

AFM - 7DPIUI today.no symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"