Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

On my BFP cycle, I didn't take clomid, I took letrozole aka femara for six cycles. After 5 cycles of following the directions on the bottle. I decided that instead of taking two 2.5 pills once a day on days 5-9, I started reading this thread and noticed lots of you were taking your fertility meds on cd 3-7. I decided to spread my medicine out. I took one 2.5 pill on days 3 and 4, then two 2.5 pills on days 5-7, and then back to one 2.5 pill on days 8 & 9. I went in for my first IUI and two weeks later I had a BFP! I also had an HSG and both tubes were clear and my AMH was not too concerning. I temped a little but not religiously....but I definitely took my fair share of pregnancy and ovulation tests.
So that's my story, after two unmedicated pregnancies (many years ago!!) and then going through unexplained infertility, I hope that everyone get their BFP soon! It is a crazy process for sure.
Btw, I have a Halloween pic to share! Did anyone take pics on Halloween? I'd love to see them!!! I'm Harry potter, my son is a zombie and my step son is the pirate!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 8
Need your thoughts....after having 8 months straight of 8,9 even 10 day periods, this month after 3 very light days I have nothing?!?! Does this mean anything?! Does having my HSG test effect this at all? Ugh, science and the female body can be so annoying!

smileydoc - when I took clomid I had hot flashes and some headaches. I didn't get any bfp with it, so I moved onto IUI with other meds. I hope it works for you!!

finding - they probably did the scan as routine, so they know what is going on. I know that with cysts found on day 3 scans, some ladies are given bcp to reduce it down, or others are told to wait a month. I am guessing that since you are taking bcp anyways before stimming, they should see it reduce right down. Sorry I can't be of more help.

afm - I went in very early and got the follie check done. The older fs was pleased at my response :) I had 2 on the left, 13, and 8? and quite a few on the right 13,12,10, 2x8?. I was told to take whatever gonal f I had left from the pen (there is always some leftover from the pens) tonight and come back on Saturday for another follie check then :) He estimates I'll probably have at least 3-4 follies that will continue to mature which is what they wanted to see. Seems the upped meds and going to acupuncture 2x/week is helping. Sooo hope I'll have a few nice ones on Sat :) Exciting :)

Hello ladies! Tomorrow morning I have my cd13 u/s to see if my follicles grew and if I'm ready to trigger! Last time, I went in CD14 and had two follies at 16mm and my dr had me trigger. I'm really really hoping they grew! Yesterday I had quite a bit of cramping but today I really haven't. We will see! I will update you tomorrow!

I love all the action going on right now.... hoping for a few nice BFP's right around the corner!!!

Will update and comment on everyone later... off to enjoy some Thai food with friends....did I mention no MS for two days now :happydance:

Hey ladies..

So I had my 36 weeks checkup today.. and got checked im 1cm... but baby is frank breech.. had a us that confirmed it..

River and Lifeis - looking good!! Very exciting times. Fingers X'ed for both of you. Keep us updated!

I bought my first pair of maternity pants today at 11w2d. Yikes! Reality of twin pregnancy is setting in!!

Gap is having a great sale until tomorrow, if anyone is interested. I already love their maternity section.

Oh no lilrojo are they going to try to flip him? Or were you already going to have a section?

I switched to maternity pants at 9 weeks...I'm still wearing them :blush:

36 weeks today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 12
Yeah I know it can be risky. There is a girl.in my November group whose doctor tried to flip her baby but it didn't work and she was so sore afterwards :( so do you have a date for c section yet?

Wow you're bump is looking wonderful!!

My friend was also breech and they tried everything to flip him, hurt quite a bit, but in the end he wouldn't budge. On delivery they found the cord was tight around him and that's why he couldn't flip.

I take it you schedule a C section then?!? Getting so close now

Good evening ladies! I had my u/s today and my follicles are still too small. The lady who did the u/s said I had two of them at 14mm. I didn't even think about it until later, but on Tuesday she said I had three of them. Where did the third one go? My Dr. is haivng me come back in on Monday and hopefully they have grown. She said she wants them to be at 16mm before I trigger.

So I have a couple questions..
1. Where do you think my 3rd follicle that was at 10mm went? Could she have just missed it? Do they dissolve?
2. Is it normal for my follicles to not be big enough yet? Today is CD13.
3. What happens if I ovulate on my own before Monday? Would it be okay? Would it hurt anything?

Thanks for all your help and support!!!

Good evening ladies! I had my u/s today and my follicles are still too small. The lady who did the u/s said I had two of them at 14mm. I didn't even think about it until later, but on Tuesday she said I had three of them. Where did the third one go? My Dr. is haivng me come back in on Monday and hopefully they have grown. She said she wants them to be at 16mm before I trigger.

So I have a couple questions..
1. Where do you think my 3rd follicle that was at 10mm went? Could she have just missed it? Do they dissolve?
2. Is it normal for my follicles to not be big enough yet? Today is CD13.
3. What happens if I ovulate on my own before Monday? Would it be okay? Would it hurt anything?

Thanks for all your help and support!!!

When I was having my scans done, they said they don't even count anything under 10 mm, so it's possible that the third one was so much smaller than the other two that she ignored it. All it takes is one though!

My follicles weren't large enough to trigger until CD17. I had scans every two days before that, and they grew about 2-3 mm between each scan.

No idea if you could ovulate on your own, but why not BD just in case? :winkwink:

Good luck at your next scan!

Life is - my fs at my first scan this cycle counted a lot of follicles 6-7 (13mm-8mm) he then said not to worry as not all will grow into eggs and we'll not see as many later. I go in for my next scan this morning, so we'll see.

And he was proven wrong :( My IUI got cancelled this morning. I had too good a response - at least 5 ready to go. (2x 20mm, 2x 16mm, 1 x 15mm, and a couple more smaller ones) Lining looked great 10mm and triple striped.
Seriously - they grew sooo much in only 2 days!

So, we had to cancel it. We were also told not to bd, but we already did last night, so we figure we might as well go for it. They don't think all will actually ovulate all of them on my own, but said not to take that chance.
I am bummed out right now. We won't be able to do anything more now til the new year. I did confirm with them that our names are on the ivf list for the new year though.
It's just that we didn't get a good response the past 2 IUI cycles, so they upped the meds a bit, and I decided to do the acupuncture twice/week to help out....we did everything to try and get a good response, and now we got too good a one. I guess at least we know what to do for ivf <sigh> This is soo frustrating. It sucks more since ever Saturday I help out with my quad nephews, so it hits home alot. Then my mum always asking if everything is going ok, and how she is wanting more grandkids, etc etc...sorry for the rant, but thank you for reading :)

So sorry river for everything! Maybe tell your mom how much it hurts when she says those things.

Could it be a :bfp:?? The first test is from 8dpo, and that seems to be residual trigger, but I'm pretty sure it's getting darker.

I'm so excited, it's hard to believe that this could be real (although of course plenty of other things could go wrong. Thanks paranoid brain!)

No real symptoms besides some cramping (perhaps implantation?) at 8 dpo. Blood test on Tuesday to confirm.

IMG_20131117_070738.jpg

Ahh cord I think you got your self a bfp!!!!!

River that has happens to me at Least 3 or 4 times my follicles were responded great then bam over night it explodes and cycle is cancelled and we are told not to BD. We used a condom when they told is that. So sorry they had to cancel.

Lifeis-same what cider says. Some follow seems to take off others disappears b/c they are all reacting to medication differently. My doctors would always count my ones over 10 and tell me and the ones under 10 they say and "a bunch of smaller ones too"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->