Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Hoping - totally understand. I don't know how you had the time to begin with. Perhaps we just let the first page updates go but keep the thread going...

Dini - I know how you feel - I was more upset when I learned I couldn't start the second cycle then with the first one's BFN. Our bodies are just weird - look at me - 4 weeks past the trigger and still BFNs and no AF. Hopefully you can work it out with work - can you go to the doctors before or after work?

Hi ladies!

Af started for me yesterday, so I started bcp today in prep for our first IVF cycle. We go in on the 9th for our orientation and I'll get a Sonohysterogram done that day as well. FX all goes well. Not sure what the protocol is yet, but I think we'll get that when at orientation. Excited and nervous. After waiting seemingly forever, it seems to be all happening so fast now!

FX for a great new year, and fresh start ttc!

Side note: We told both sets of parents that we are ttc and now going to be doing IVF. Because of my brothers quads, we got some interesting responses. My mum wants us to have triplets - seriously, no matter how many times I kept telling her no, not happening, and things like that you can't control, she thinks it would be great. (she loves kids regardless that the quads exhaust her) OH's parents think we should have 1 child (he is an only child), and when told we wanted 1 or 2, they emphasized having 1 at a time....that is our goal, but again, we had to tell them things like this we can only control soo much. OH and I would just like at least 1 baby, see how that is, then assess about having another. We've been trying for a long time already to have a child, we just want a healthy pregnancy, an uncomplicated birth and healthy baby.

Hoping - totally understand. I don't know how you had the time to begin with. Perhaps we just let the first page updates go but keep the thread going...

Dini - I know how you feel - I was more upset when I learned I couldn't start the second cycle then with the first one's BFN. Our bodies are just weird - look at me - 4 weeks past the trigger and still BFNs and no AF. Hopefully you can work it out with work - can you go to the doctors before or after work?

That is weird that you haven't even had AF yet.. I hope she arrives soon so you can begin again! And no, I work 12 hour shifts from 7a-7p so before or after work is not an option. I absolutely hate that I have to call in sick to make this appointment but getting pregnant is too important. We are short staffed but maybe I'll try to pick up an extra shift saturday to help out...

River, I'm excited for you and your orientation! It'll happen so quickly I'm sure. I can't imagine having quads, but a healthy happy baby is the goal and while only a single baby would be ideal, multiple healthy babies would also be a blessing.

Here is to 2014 and lots of BFP's and sticky beans!

Hopin - You have done such an amazing job keeping this thread up. Please don't feel bad about not being able to keep up...it's a lot. Thank you for all you have done!!! We will keep the thread going...just minus all the housekeeping! :thumbup:

How is everyone doing? How was everyone's Christmas and New Years?!

I am FX'd for all of you for 2014, I am looking forward to seeing you all get your BFP's!

AFM: I am secretly hoping to be able to start testing again with you all sometime this year. AF has not yet returned as I am still breastfeeding but I am getting the itch already for testing. LOL :haha: I would really like to have one more child if at all possible and I'm turning 35 in May so.....want to start trying again as soon as possible! It took forever to get our first BFP! Also just found out my SIL is pregnant again...she got pregnant her very first month trying. Last time it only took her 2 months! Some people have it SOOOO easy!!! :wacko:

Grateful- wow back at TTC again soon!

I am 33 today and I will be in the same boat- will need to jump back to TTC soon after this one!

Maybe our bodies will have figured it out by then!

I am 33 today and I will be in the same boat- will need to jump back to TTC soon after this one!

I'll be 34 next month and still trying for #1:cry: so I feel the clock as well.

My follicle check was a bust today, still have the 13mm on the right, now have an 11mm on the right as well, but no growth of the 13 after 150mg of Clomid. He is starting me on 200mg of Clomid now. That seems like a lot, if the 100, then 150 didn't work why would the 200? He did say he'd go to something else, presumably Femara if the 200 doesn't work.

I keep feeling twinges and pain in my ovaries, mostly the left one, and he said I have more follicles but tiny ones, so the Clomid seems to be making me produce more but not mature the large ones. It's so frustrating, just 50mg worked great last cycle, now as the RE put it, my stubborn ovaries are laughing at us :growlmad:

Sometimes I want to just give up, we are drained financially...can't even pay a few bills right now because of this. I think if the 200mg doesn't do it, I'm taking the rest of this cycle off.

Dini-I know how frustrating it can be. I am FXd the 200 will work for you. Keep the faith though because I know many ladies where nothing seemed to be working and then they suddenly get a bfp while "taking a break" or the first time they try femara, etc. I am really pulling for you! It will happen for you!

That's what I'm hoping lune! I figure i need to get ttc while im still in baby mode or i might change my mind! Although I'm not confident I could conceive without femara and I can't take that obviously until I'm done breastfeeding. I must be crazy that I actually want AF to come back. Lol :haha: getting crazy in my old age!!! Lol

I'm torn about having a second baby already.....I'm 36 now and will be 37 when Peyton is born....now sure how my eggs will be and if I will even have the energy...

Grateful how long do you plan to breastfeed?

Look at all you prego ladies talking about the next ones! :haha:

River- I am so excited for your IVF adventure!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Dini- So sorry your body is not responding this month. Maybe femara will do the trick. Have you talked to your doctor about injectibles? I know they are so expensive and the monitoring would be too but hopefully they would help to mature those follicles. I actually have a left over package of Bravelle that I can send to you. Let me know if you talk to your doctor and you can have it!

Grateful- I totally feel ya! I just turned 34 on Wed and I can feel the clock ticking away! I am thinking that we might try NTNP as soon as I am done breastfeeding Evan. It is crazy how those of us with issues feel the clock so much more! I also have so many friends who get preggers the first month trying.. happy for them but sometimes I think WTF!!

Lune- Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you had an awesome day. 2014 is going to be so exciting for you!!!

Adj- Congrats on hitting the half way point!! How are you feeling?

I think we need to start posting our bump pictures!!

I'm torn about having a second baby already.....I'm 36 now and will be 37 when Peyton is born....now sure how my eggs will be and if I will even have the energy...

I know I'd LOVE to have another....but yes, even having a baby at 34 was tiring. So I feel the need to hurry up because who knows how long it could take...and I might change my mind if I get too far from the baby stage!

Grateful how long do you plan to breastfeed?

Look at all you prego ladies talking about the next ones! :haha:

I'm still not sure. Work is making it kind of hard as I have to go out of town again next month. Its rather difficult to pump on the road. :haha:

My original goal was 6 months....so not sure how long after that.

LUNE - Happy Birthday yesterday girl! I meant to write that and then forgot yesterday. :hugs:

Aww Ingodshand you are adorable! And thank you for the offer I will let you know! I go back next Friday for another scan. And yes they are crazy expensive and we can't afford that. They did say they are working on getting a company to offer financing for the smaller stuff, not just IUI, sort of like a revolving credit line and you pay monthly. The RN said it will be another few months and it's not certain if it's going to happen yet but that would be wonderful. Although DH and I don't have the credit but maybe we can squeak by lol.

Aww Ingodshand you are adorable! And thank you for the offer I will let you know! I go back next Friday for another scan. And yes they are crazy expensive and we can't afford that. They did say they are working on getting a company to offer financing for the smaller stuff, not just IUI, sort of like a revolving credit line and you pay monthly. The RN said it will be another few months and it's not certain if it's going to happen yet but that would be wonderful. Although DH and I don't have the credit but maybe we can squeak by lol.

That would be great Dini! Try to stay positive and trust that things will work out as they are meant to! :hugs: I think 2014 will bring good things for you!

This may be an odd IVF start question - but why start bcp on day 2 of the cycle? My period effectively stopped as soon as I started taking the bcp. Wouldn't it need to shed?
Don't know my protocol yet, and sort of scared about the whole thing. Hopefully we'll get our answers during orientation&sono..gram&biopsy of uterus? next week.

Thanks Girls!!!

Dini- Yay for a credit line! That would be fabulous!

River- I am not sure why they have you start on day 2 but that is when I started too. I know the bp are just to quiet down your ovaries so maybe the lining doesn't matter?

Sooo...AF finally arrived on Wed. Trudged through the snow for day 3 labs this morning. Just got the call - get to start IUI #2!! Starting the clomid tonight with the sonogram scheduled for next Thursday - they tried saying to come in day 13 - and I was like - nope that is way too late for me - I normally ovulate around day 10 naturally. So switched to day 9. The clomid is supposed to delay a little - but I would rather be a little early then late!

Anyways - I feel good about this month!!! FXed for everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->