Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Good Morning Ladies! My husband and I have been TTC our first child for about a year. After a year of nothing happening, I decided to go to my OBGYN. I had an exam and bloodwork done and found out that I was normal. My husband had a semen analysis and he too is normal. My OB prescribed me clomid 50mg. I just got my period this morning (ugh again.) and am supposed to start taking the clomid on Saturday (calendar day 5). I've also read that mucinex helps with CM (my cousin swears that mucinex got her pregnant). I'm not sure what time of the day to take the clomid or the mucinex? Also, when should I start the mucinex? Any suggestions would be helpful as this has been a long road for our family. Thank you!!:thumbup:
Hi we were in the same boat, unexplained infertility after a year and we got pregnant our first month of clomid :) I took the clomid at night because it gave me horrible headaches (just for the 5 days). I had been taking mucunex for ages three times a day during my fertile time but the clomid gave me so much cm I stopped partway through :)

Clomid is like fermera. It is normally the first thing u take to make the follical then maybe add an injectable drug to make you produce more follicles and help them grow.

Ohhhh okay that makes sense. I forgot I took femara. Thanks Manda!

Welcome and best of luck!! Are you doing Clomid with DTD or IUI?

Ajd- our next cycle will be end of May likely. Just waiting for aunt flow which will likely be around may 12-13. We are doing a FET this time.

Hockey, have you two decided how many you are going to try to transfer this time around?

I think it will be just one- my Dr likes to keep it to one if possible. I could see though if this one doesn't work that we do the remaining 2 next time- but I am not entirely sure.

Ajd - no babies yet! But doctor thinks they may be here next week. I'm super uncomfortable and also got a cold. Babies are both still head down and very low. He said he'd induce me around 37 weeks. I'm not dilated yet but he said my cervix is starting to thin.

Definitely one of the hardest thing I've ever been through but most importantly my sweet babies are doing great!

Quick post as I am about to pass out, unable to stay awake too long these past few days. Ultrasound on Monday went well, I think there was a little difficulty trying to find my ovaries :) First time I ever had a comment about my endometrium looking good, which measured at 6mm. 2 follicles of right ovary at 12mm and 1 follicle on left ovary at 11mm. I'm supposed to give my Ovidrel injection Thursday morning and then time to get it on lol. I'm really surprised that my ovaries reacted the way they did with the Clomid. I was expecting multiple follicles because of the PCOS, but I'm not complaining. Any follicle at this point is a good follicle :)

So exciting to hear all the baby updates! Welcome msalvo! I've heard about the Mucinex trick, but I never really heard a set time when one should take it. Good luck with your first round of Clomid! Hope everything goes well :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Ladies it's been like 2-3 days! Where is everyone???

AFM: 3 more days!!!! I get to see my jelly bean on Monday;)

So exciting Manda, the one time where you wish the weekend would speed up :)

AFM- got my Ovidrel shot Thursday morning, Thursday night pulled out the whole seduce my fiancee routine lol. Picked up sushi, watched The Dictator, then put on a "special" outfit which totally pulled him away from his video game lol. Thursday night was uneventful which was really upsetting and I didn't think it was going to happen for us this round but he totally made up for it this morning when I jumped him first thing lol. Fingers crossed our luck continues and we caught that evasive egg :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hoping for some sunshine in central IL this weekend.

FX Anmiz86 and excited to have a test date on the books!!

Can't wait to see U/S pics next week from our new mommies

AFM: finally got to see my little one after a long 4 mons! She was super active and moving all over the place. She is head down and was too far down to get a good pic. Looks like everything is ready to go in just a few short weeks :)

I finally heard the babies heart beat this morning. Iam so much more excited for my ultrasound tmrw!!!

That is wonderful Manda!! Do you have a doppler at home?

are you ladies on Facebook? Everyone else is on a private buddies group sharing all of our things there....PM if you wanna join us :)

Quick update.. Luke and Brady were born 5/2 at 1:27pm and 1:29pm weighing each 5 lbs 2 oz. I developed a syndrome called HELLP and thank goodness they were able to find it in the early stages. They called us on Friday morning when they got some labs back and performed a c-section as soon as soon as possible.

Babies are doing amazing. Both in NICU as that's hospital policy before 36 weeks but no oxygen, no incubator after only a day or so. They're both bottle feeding and NICU nurses are calling them champs. (Proud mommy here)

I've been struggling a bit more on the other hand. My kidney and liver and a couple other counts were way imbalanced and they closely monitored me on Friday and most if Saturday. I was put on magnesium to prevent seizures. I was not able to see our precious little boys at that time. Since then, my levels have been getting better every day and I'm hoping to leave the hospital on Wednesday with our babies.

My husband has been nothing but amazing and is learning everything so quickly. He goes in the NICU, does their diaper changes and feedings when he can. I usually only make it up there now once or twice a day.

So crazy and everything is still very surreal. The boys are doing so so well though which makes everything else not seem so bad. Doctors keep commenting on how good I look because my numbers were apparently awful. (I mean I don't look great either, big belly, everything is swollen, etc etc.)

But I'm doing ok and hanging in there for now. The boys are absolutely beautiful and that makes me so happy!!

Congrats! That is so awesome! Scary with the HELLP!!!!! How awesome that they caught it early!!!! So were you uncomfortable or were just your labs off?

I just love those names, Luke and Brady! Can't wait to see their cute little faces

Congrats!!!

mwb, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you and your family, and what a relief that everything is ok with all 3 of you. I bet you are just beside yourself with happiness. Hope you are feeling better soon. Love your names!

manda, that's awesome that you heard the heartbeat! I loved having my home doppler, especially in the weeks before I felt him kick on a regular basis. Was nice to have a way to know he's ok in there.

What else do we have going on? As ajd said, we've all been sharing things in that FB group which has been kind of a thing of convenience for me since it's on my phone and easier to navigate that way but I need to stay on top of things here too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->