Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Hey hopin- I'm hoping my experiences help you. So here we go...first- my FS made us have the exact tests you just had before we started treatments so I think your dr is right on with all the tests you had today. And hopefully all will come back normal. Second- do the vag supps for progesterone if you can. The meds I used was called endometrin but I'm sure there's more than one. I took them twice a day and it wasn't bad at all. I did have some discharge but it wasn't terrible. I wasn't tested with regards to my progesterone so when I asked around it appears to be standard practice to use the progesterone supps....since it may help. Finally, I asked my dr if she was going to test my progesterone after I stopped the supps and she said no...she said she knew it worked because I had no spotting while on them (even though I wasn't on them). So I think all of this is a good sign!

It's all about crossing things off the list!!!

PS. I already have my two boxes of progesterone supps ready to go after the IUI. So I'll be back at it again soon!! Warning: you will look at the pill and say "holy $&@?, that's going where?!?". But it does! Lol

I will use progesterone to induce my period once my hcg is below 5. My doctor hasn't said anything about doing progesterone when pregnant but if he does I will do it. In fact when we start Femara I will bring it up with him just to be safe that low progesterone is not causing any issue

Interesting, Grateful - thanks for sharing. I don't know if I've ever had Thyroid issues or not. I just know that my periods suck. I will spot for like, 2 weeks and then be SUPER heavy for 3 days and that's it. Or vice versa. It's odd. And it really messes with my sex life too becuase DH and I aren't active when I'm spotting obviously... I guess we will see what the results are, you're right.

TypeA that is very helpful, thank you so much. :hugs: It's good to know that my Dr. is on the right track with all of the lab work she ordered. I really can't wait to get those results to see where I stand with everything. You are so right, that it is all about checking things off the list. Just wish I had started this a year ago as it's been a year this month that we've been TTC.

So wait until Friday it is!!!!

Allika I think it's a good idea to ask your doc, too many questions never hurt anyone!!!

SO what do you ladies say - keep this thread or go back to the old? Won't hurt my feelings either way. Lei, what would you rather? Is it too much for you to keep the old thread going?

<3 :hugs: to all of you! Thanks for being here for me!

Lets keep this one no need to go back to the old full one

Good morning sweet ladies!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe it's already Wednesday; I've been so slammed at work it's ridiculous!

Lei tomorrow is the big day, how are you feeling? I'm sure you're ready to just get it over with. Thinking of you <3!

typeA when do you get follies checked again?

momof1 haven't heard from you in a bit, hope everyone in your household is feeling better? 12 days until testing! How are you feeling? I can't wait for you to test!

You too Lune can't wait for you to test, you're testing the day after momof1, here's to hoping that'll be a great week for our thread with 2 BFP's!

Grateful how's your sweet pea doing? I'm getting spoiled with the regular u/s! I love it!

AFM, I'm just kind of waiting to start my period now. I've never wished it to show up so badly!!!!!!!

Other than that, and completely unrelated to TTC, I actually had an awful night. My poor DS' pet hamster passed away, so we had to bury her last night, and he was just devastated. He's such a sweet little soul, and such an animal lover. He cried himself to sleep and it just broke my heart. I wish I could've taken his pain for him!! I'm sure it's only the first of many times in this life I'll wish that. He woke up this morning and first thing went out to her grave, and was petting the cross we put in the ground, and talking to her. He got really concerned last night for our dog, suddenly worried that he'll die too - was asking me how long dogs live, etc.. poor little man. Luckily, our dog is just a pup. First time he's had to deal with something like that so he took it really hard. Love his heart.

ANYWHO, sorry to start the day off on a sad note.

Morning :)
yes lets keep this one! We need a fresh start with all that this year has brought on everyone!

As for how I am feeling... My stomach is in knots cause I am getting super nervous.. Im sure this work day is going to fly by because I have a ton of patients to see today =/ But I do look forward to going home & taking a nap. DD & DSD are both sick so I was up half the night with them =( I really dislike how much Texas weather changes cause it causes my girls allergies to act up bad.

Lei - Wishing you the best tomorrow for your surgery. Don't be worried, it will all be fine and behind you soon. :) I hope you get some rest today.

Hopin - Awwwwww poor little man! I feel for him! I was the same way when I was little and I remember when my very first hamster died. It was very tramatic for me at the time. Just something you have to experience in life unfortunately, but some souls take it a little harder than others. He sounds like a sensitive little soul, so sweet!!!

Good luck tomorrow, Lei! I'll be thinking of you!!!!!

@Hopin: Your poor kiddo! I remember like yesterday how my pet bunny died...so sad. My dog is 4 and everytime she is sick, I look at her and think to myself how am I going to deal with her being gone one day. she is such a good pup and I know she will be the best dog for a kid to grow up with. Has anyone ever watched the movie Marley and me?

Well i need everyone's expertise.....

First...I go to the dr and tell her I have a yeast infection. Lovely. Take my diflucan and am prating it gets better soon. Second....she looks at my follicles...on my right there's a 21 and 18. Awesome! On my left where there was a 10 and 14....there's an 11 and that's really it. Is this possible? Is it possible that the follicle disappeared in 2 days?!?! We trigger tonight...IUI Friday. I'm stumped about the disappearing follicle though.

Good luck tomorrow, Lei! I'll be thinking of you!!!!!

@Hopin: Your poor kiddo! I remember like yesterday how my pet bunny died...so sad. My dog is 4 and everytime she is sick, I look at her and think to myself how am I going to deal with her being gone one day. she is such a good pup and I know she will be the best dog for a kid to grow up with. Has anyone ever watched the movie Marley and me?

Yes- love that movie! Funny but also very sad as everyone can relate who has had a longtime pet die. :cry:

First...I go to the dr and tell her I have a yeast infection. Lovely. Take my diflucan and am prating it gets better soon. Second....she looks at my follicles...on my right there's a 21 and 18. Awesome! On my left where there was a 10 and 14....there's an 11 and that's really it. Is this possible? Is it possible that the follicle disappeared in 2 days?!?! We trigger tonight...IUI Friday. I'm stumped about the disappearing follicle though.

You couldn't have ovulated the big one on the left already, could you? Because that was the most dominant one....

thanks ladies!

Hopin- aww your poor son! DD's always reminds me of the time I had to flush her fish lol. She wants a hampster so bad but I am afraid of the same thing happening. She has had a few people pass away in her life & for her being 5 understands to an extent. Just recently I lost my grandmother & that's one thing she cant seem to come to terms with & still asks when she is coming back =( Hope things get easy for him.

You couldn't have ovulated the big one on the left already, could you? Because that was the most dominant one....

I'm not sure. When they call with my E2 level I'm going to ask about it. She's testing my LH too so maybe it's possible.

Doctor called me back, my CBC, CMP and Thyroid tests all came back normal. Just Vit D we're waiting on now but that one seems odd to me anyway, don't knwo why they test for that.
SO.....that's good, I guess.

Hopin- woohoo

So the nurse called me with my estrogen and it's in the 500s so we at least have 2 mature ones in there....maybe 3. I asked about the disappearing follicle and she said that was normal. Sometimes they just reabsorb and the FSH goes to other follicles

Hi ladies! Just came across this thread and I was wondering if I could join? I kind of feel like I'm getting looked over at the other threads since I'm a long time stalker newbie poster...
I'm currently starting round 3 of meds including inj. so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Like, did anyone else have to go in for a borderline u/s while AF was visiting? I'm super nervous and slightly embarrassed about it... Any reassurance would be great :)

That sound great, Type A!

I have another topic that I would like to throw out there:

Higher weight and connection to irregular periods. what are your thoughts?

I don't think it is the factor but I can see that it does affect hormone levels. Obviously there are women out there with a couple of pounds too much that had no issue to conceive but a lot of articles on the Internet suggest that an elevated BMI affects fertility just like a too low BMI. What are your thoughts? Has your FS ever brought it up with you?

Hopin- woohoo

So the nurse called me with my estrogen and it's in the 500s so we at least have 2 mature ones in there....maybe 3. I asked about the disappearing follicle and she said that was normal. Sometimes they just reabsorb and the FSH goes to other follicles

I never knew that & its pretty interesting! I am going to have to research Dr. Google on that :)

Hi ladies! Just came across this thread and I was wondering if I could join? I kind of feel like I'm getting looked over at the other threads since I'm a long time stalker newbie poster...
I'm currently starting round 3 of meds including inj. so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Like, did anyone else have to go in for a borderline u/s while AF was visiting? I'm super nervous and slightly embarrassed about it... Any reassurance would be great :)

Welcome :hugs:

That sound great, Type A!

I have another topic that I would like to throw out there:

Higher weight and connection to irregular periods. what are your thoughts?

I don't think it is the factor but I can see that it does affect hormone levels. Obviously there are women out there with a couple of pounds too much that had no issue to conceive but a lot of articles on the Internet suggest that an elevated BMI affects fertility just like a too low BMI. What are your thoughts? Has your FS ever brought it up with you?

I also read that.. When I got pregant with DD my bmi was 20 ... now Its right at 25 & it says that anything above that could affect fertility. I wonder how much of that is true because I know several people pregnant right now who aer about 5'3 & weight well over 160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->