Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Luna - Super excited to hear how your appointment went today!!! :happydance:

Allika you are SO right, had I not been temping I would've thought i was like 20 DPO and I would've been really confused. I would definitely say temp!

So my doctor's office called back and wanted me to go in for labs today. So I went, and should get the results today. Then I have to go back Thursday to see if my numbers went up (FX'd). And then she insisted that I come in earlier for an u/s on 4/9. I don't know why on earth she wants me to do that, I tried telling her it was way too early (I will only be 5 weeks at that point) - don't you guys think that's way way too early???

I think your OBGYN just wants to be cautious and give you an early opportunity to be calmed down if everything is alright!

Allika I always swear by temping it really is the most reliable. You should ABSOLUTELY do it you learn so much about yourself!

Momof1: not a stupid question! Allika asked the same thing in my journal and I explained that not many people do it. It's exclusively pumping. Since Draven wouldn't latch right and I still want him to have my milk I've been double pumping every 4 hours since a week after he's been born :)

Hopin - Early or not, it will be nice to get some reassurance. I'm sure everything is just fine but it is still always nice to get some reassurance. So I say Yeay for an earlier appointment and ultrasound. :happydance:

I have to 2nd what Allika said, it seems our group is turning to more BFPers than TTCers, which means to me that all of the amazing support truly has a positive effect.

Hopin I am so excited for your lab results and u/s!

Jenna I love how the ep thing is a picture of a cow, you must feel like you're running your own little dairy farm pumping that often :lol:

I am kind of nervous about injecting myself. Aaah!

Any advice?

Hey Alika! The best advice I can give for giving yourself an injection is to keep breathing and inject slowly. If you inject too fast it may start to sting slightly. Once it's done you'll probably say " Eh, that wasn't so bad" and you'll feel like a pro :) Good luck!

Hopin- any news yet??? :D

Any advice?

You can so do this!!! I refused to do it myself until my friend FORCED me to do it (DH was out of town). I did it and it didn't hurt that bad. So here are my tips-

Make sure the open part of the needle is pointing up (generally the opening is on the sides)
Go straight in...not at an angle
Do it on the sides of your belly button, not below (those areas tend to bruise more)
Slowly push the meds in (you don't have to count in between but don't just push it all in in like a second)
Hold the needle in for a few seconds after your done pushing the meds...it helps everything get in there
Take the needle straight out (taking it out at angle will make it hurt more)
Put a Kleenex on the area after your done and go do something else (I used to clean the house briefly so I wouldn't think of it)

I think that's it...just know you CAN do this! I was skeptical but now Ido them all myself. IVF calls for 3 a day so I'm glad that I had time to do jut one a day myself!!

Hopin: I can't wait to hear your results! Having your US that early is fine, the most they'll do is have you come back for another. They had me come in for one right away too just to "date" it. I was about 5 weeks also and all you could see was a tiny little empty black dot. They had me come in about 3 weeks later, they pushed me forward to 9 weeks even and we got this:
https://i48.tinypic.com/js23xk.jpg

Lei: I agree WHERE ARE YOUUU?! :(

Lune: How is your little raspberry doing?

Luna: Can't wait to hear about your appointment :) And I absolutely do feel like a cow. Whenever I pump I have to sit in the bedroom hooked up and just wait... I call it "jail". I always tell OH "Okay, I'm going to jail now. I'll be back in about 20 minutes." I'll do what I have to do for little booger face though! Do you plan on BFing?

Grateful: Any more feelings in your belly?? Have you claimed it as movement?

Allika: I don't know much about the injections but what I hear from EVERYONE is "It's not as bad as I thought it would be." I think it'll be just fine!

AFM: My interview went GREAT!! She had me do my drug test and said they'll be contacting my references and that I should expect a call in a week or two! She said "I'll definitely be giving you a call in a week or two. If you don't hear from me in two weeks call me back." I feel so confident! We'll be celebrating with a glass of champagne tonight. I can't wait for that phone call!

Any advice?

I was so nervous the first time I gave myself an injection, I actually let out a little whimper before the needle went in! :wacko:

Before you know it, you'll be an, "old hat," at it, & it won't bother you at all. :hugs:

The best thing that worked for me was to pinch an area of skin so that I had more fatty tissue to work with (my injections were subcutaneous... not intramuscular... meaning they had to go into the skin, not my muscle tissue... & I am a rather thin gal, so it was a challange.)

I would sit in a chair, bend over a little bit, & pinch an area around my belly button... clean it with an alcohol wipe (let the alcohol dry before giving the injection, the alcohol stings like crazy if not!) & inject the medication rather slowly into the pinched skin.

I also rotated the injection sites - one, two, the, four, & back again, in equal areas just around my belly button.

I was surprised at how tiny the needles are, & how easy they went in & out.

I definitely agree - just go straight in & out with the needles, & you will be fine. Good luck!!! :thumbup:

P.S. Some medications they recommend you do in your "lower quadrants," or kind of your lower hip/upper bottom area... that is just the same, but really follow the advice of your doctor. I had my doctor's nurse show me how to do everything the first time I started injectables last year. She was great!

that's great about the job Jenna :)

I am definitely bfing! When I found out there was two one of the first things that crossed my mind was omg am I going to be able to bf two? but from what I've read most people have no problems. Some need to supplement with formula in the beginning but most don't and tandem bfing doesn't seem nearly as scary to me now as before I read up on it. Hubby will definitely have to be very involved until I get the hang of it which I don't think is really a bad thing anyways :)

Hey Ladies I'm here!!! Haven't had a whole lot to post on. AF just left so now I'm just waiting. I went in Monday for my evaluation which took FOREVER... the first hour they asked all about my child hood, how I grew up & about my life now... Then they wanted to know how my family & friends felt about why I was doing the donation. After about an hour of the questions I had to answer a 580 true false questionaire to the most bizzare questions ever lol.

I have an exam on Thursday & they will let me know when I start injections & then have to have labs on Friday.

Allika- I don't know what to expect either with injections but at least we can be there to root each other on :happydance:

Jenna- Fxed you got the job hun!!!

Hopin- wahoo for the :bfp: you must be over the moon !!

Angie - your almost there hun!!!!

Typea- thanks for the advice!! You will be my go to gal when I start injections ;)

I'm on my cell phone so I'm going to have to go back & catch up with everyone else :) I missed you all...its just hard to check bnb through my phone.. Once I have more updates I'll keep you updated. :hugs:

appointment went great :) In depth in my journal but basically my doctor is great and will be sending me to all the best people whenever needed. My scan on May 2 is an NT scan to check for genetic abnormalities and my next doctor appt is on April 22.

Lei- because I'm mosey like that...any idea what meds you'll be taking? And I guess you'll do an egg retrieval? I go between bring scared to death of it and being okay with it. Although you just got done with surgery so it may not bother you. I ordered all my meds today....yikes...it's real!

Luna, BFing will be ESPECIALLY beneficial in your situation of having to buy double everything! Formula for one is expensive enough lol. So since your team yellow are you just going to buy a bunch of yellow and white clothes?? I don't see a lot of gender neutral clothes in stores since everything is either pink or blue, flowers or trucks. And any ideas for a nursery yet?

Same with the other preggo girls, nursery ideas? Nesting in Dravens nursery was my all time favorite thing to do I loved setting up his room!!

Jenna SO glad to hear that your interview went well!! I will say this, I'm in HR and I am the person for my company that handles all pre-employment screenings, etc - and at least at my company, we would not send you for a drug screening if you weren't getting the job offer! That's so exciting!! Let us know as soon as you hear something.
Thanks for the advice about the 5 week ultrasound. I'm glad they'll be able to get me in and and see that things look normal up to that point.

Lei Thanks for checking in, glad all is going well. Looking forward to hearing about this process for you! :flower:

Luna I read your journal post, so glad it went well!! <3

KC Did the :witch: ever show up yesterday? Did you hear back from your doctor?

Allika Today is your first day of injections, right? Are you going to start temping? I feel so great about this cycle for you!! Are you prepared for the possibility of twins?! I just feel like, since Femara worked so well for you the first time by itself, that the IUI is going to work REALLY REALLY well! SO EXCITING! :happydance:

Grateful, Momof1, Mums How are you ladies feeling?!

TypeA, LDizzy You ladies have been a bit quiet too! Hope all is well! :flower:

anmlz Your FS appointment is right around the corner! Can't wait!

How is everyone else doing? Happy Hump Day :)

Please check the front page and let me know if there are any appointments/updates I can add for any of you!! I just updated today so keep me posted! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->