Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

I couldn't stand waiting the 18 weeks! Let alone going my entire pregnancy?! No way, I'm way too impatient!

Lmao, I'm tempted to go POAS for the hell of it!!! Just to feed the addiction in here! Even though I know there's noooo way! (Even though OH likes to think otherwise, I kindly give him a "HELL NO, not yet!" and remind him we're using rubbers)

LOL Jenna!!!! Ideally how many kids do you and DH want to have? How long are you going to wait to start ttc again?

Yeah Jenna!! Start temping and get back on board the TTC train hehe :haha: Easy for me to say when I DON'T have a 3 month old :rofl:

I think I want 4. At least 3, then we'll see where we stand. As of now I'm shooting for 4. And we want them spaced apart so we're going to give it about 3 years before TTC again. It feels like life would feel to rushed for us if we whipped them out close together so we'd like to take our time. We're still young, luckily we gave ourselves a head start so we have the luxury of taking our time (hopefully we don't struggle getting pregnant every time..)

My DH wanted to test the other day when I showed him the dollar store tests that I found at the store near us.

Of course I said no way...if any one is going to poas to test out these new suckers its me...LOL

Yeah Jenna!! Start temping and get back on board the TTC train hehe :haha: Easy for me to say when I DON'T have a 3 month old :rofl:

Lol!!! I'd die if I got pregnant again so soon. I'm JUST getting over the trauma of the end of that first pregnancy haha!! I almost picked up a dollar tree test the other day just for the hell of it though. Gosh, I'm such an addict :dohh:

Wow!! It’s so hard to miss a few days, so much to catch up on!!

Allika and all the smokers: I know how hard the quitting smoking thing was! I smoked for 15yrs and quit 5 yrs ago on the day I moved to California. I think its great how supportive the hubbies have been in your quitting and that he is patching it too with you!!

Lilrojo: any word yet back from the doctors about the spotting? I’ve also heard that many woman spot throughout their entire pregnancies…. I know it will still scare me each time I see it. Sending hugs. How you feeling, any crazy symptoms yet?? I couldn’t believe how quickly the since of smell kicks right in!

Dannixo: Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear your US was not wonderful news. This cycle might not work, but you ovulate and are on meds to help with the numbers? I had to exact opposite problem and super-ovulated last month, my US showed 6 mature follicles and I still ended with BFN. It only takes One egg and One sperm to make that baby!! Keeping my thoughts with you on this cycle. :hugs:

Hopin: The witch did stay away just long enough for a fun night!! It felt so good to just enjoy each other without worrying about pregnancy….just good old fashion fun! :sex: Sadly, we were only seeing each a few months but we ended things because he wasn’t able to be on the baby train with me and I wasn’t ready to stop trying. We’ve recently starting to hang out each, we both miss each other…. but I’m still trying and he is being super supportive about the whole thing now. I think he just needed some time to work his thoughts around the situation. So while we are not back together, we are hanging out again.

As for the miscarriage comment, this is hard for me. It goes back to last October when I was excitably pregnant with my first on my first IUI. It was something I clearly was trying for and the joy was truly there. One of my close friends also found herself to be pregnant with her first too and was two weeks ahead of me. They were not trying, but had stopped preventing for six-nine months maybe. We were chatting about things one day and she nonchalantly says “well if I miscarry then I miscarry” and shrugs her shoulders as if its no big deal at all. I had nothing to say in return back to her, knowing how much it would hurt me if I did miscarry…and then a week later I did and now I am planning her baby shower this weekend! It’s going to be pretty hard for me to be there with thoughts of how unfair life can be sometimes…. I know she didn’t mean anything by her comment, but I still think it was very inconsiderate of someone who wasn’t trying to state that to another pregnant person who clearly was trying very hard to be with child.

Breaking Dust and Allika: TEST, TEST, TEST!!! Okay, that’s just me being a super aggressive POAS-whore! I completely understand you wanting to wait a few days before testing again. Keeping my fingers crossed for you….praying for BFPs!!!!! :test:

Jenna: So excited to hear about your next interview!! Best of luck with getting that call tomorrow!! I am NOT a morning person either… I’m mostly going to bed at 2am, yikes to getting up that early!! What a wonderful family 4 would be!! I am the middle of 5 kids and I love coming from a big family!!!

Lei: I missed the reason why you were out of work for so long, but so sorry to hear another month on crutches!!!

Momo: that is a wonderful HB!!!! Excellent to be craving fruits and not cakes :thumbup:

AFM: The witch arrived and in full force, ouch! I had my US today and unfortunately there is a cyst on the left side so no meds this cycle. She did say I can do a natural cycle if I want and so I made another apt for next Thursday for an US to see how my follicles look. This being my first time having cysts I learned that sadly they appear just like follicles do on the US……so if I have a large follicle on my right side we are good to go with the IUI but will have to decide what to do if only one follicle on the left side. So for now I will test for my surge and just see how next week plays out… I’m fine if an IUI doesn’t happen this month, the rest may be nice. :sleep:

Good news: when I called the sperm clinic to place my order I actually asked about the Stats of my donor and while they can’t give me numbers they were able to confirm that at least one person is pregnant, at least one baby has been born, and a family does exist from his sperm! And I have been pregnant with his sperm before so I am happy that I asked after my NP asked me on my last visit :happydance:

Hopin: can you put me down for US for follicles check on 4/18 on the first page :flower:

Ajd, I just want to give you a hug because I know first hand how hard it is to plan baby showers for someone who is pregnant when you're not anymore. A good friend of mine and I got pregnant in November and I recently helped with her Gender reveal party. It was a tough day! It's always especially hard for me to hang out with her because we were 2 days apart so her growing belly always stabs me in my heart. You are being such a good friend and not many would do what we do and show up with a smile even though we feel like breaking down!

I think the worst I have felt was when I talked to a friend and she was talking about some other friend of hers who did meds and an IUI and she said, "she doesn't think it's fair that they are pregnant because it was cheating!" I started crying and told her that that really hurt my feeling because I wish there was some way to "cheat" in this. She apologized a million times and said she didn't think my husband and I were cheating at all and she absolutely wishes we will become pregnant soon and make wonderful parents. That comment hit me hard though :(

AJd - so sorry to hear that you had to deal with an insensitive comment, especially from a close friend.

Thanks for the support...i'm going to wait to test.

I have to say, I feel out. I didn't a few days ago, but now that i'm at 8dpo i feel that AF is just around the corner and all my symptoms are due to progesterone supps that i am taking.

Allika thanks sooooo much for sharing that with me! I have been feeling so guilty about how hard it has been to do this baby shower for her when all I keep thinking is I should would be having one too....if.....and then I cry every time!! She is also doing a Gender Reveal party andI have the big reveal sitting down in my car right now....shouting at me that she is having a baby. I'm just praying and hoping to make it thru the day without crying or thinking of myself... it is HER big day and I want to celebrate for her over my sadness....it will be hard but I have the strength of my friends around me to help me that day. :hugs: Thanks for your support too!!

Breaking: it is sooooooo hard to judge any symptoms with the clomid and progesterone!! I swore that first month I used the clomid that I was pregnant...so many SxS but then nothing.

Not out until the :witch: arrives. I'm praying this is your month!!

Be the friend to others that you would want others to be to you! Go, smile, be happy for her and then come home and curse and cry! That's how I do it and the best advice I got was "it means so much to your friend that you are supporting and smiling through this and trust she knows how hard this is for you and appreciates you even more for it!" Also "fake it until you believe it" I am pretty sure my friend (the one I would have shared a due daye with) will be overjoyed for me when I finally get that BFP.

Remember when doing fertility treatments you may get more then 1 or 2.. If get more then what you was hopeing for don't complain be very thankful for what GOD sends...Reason quoted a certain thing is I've seen lots of women on other forms that gets pregnant with twins or more starts fussing, whining, an saying what am I going to do about my job, home or etc.. IMO be GRATEFUL for what GOD sends you..

Sharing a BLESSED STORY..
Quintuplets

Congrats too all the BFP an KMFX for the others to get a BFP soon. Hugs too the ones that having it really hard at this time.

Is it possible to have missed a twin at a seven week scan? It may be my mind playing tricks on me because we all know I wanted twins lol. Last night OH and I were using our doppler and we both found two heartbeats in two different places lol. I know it was the baby because I have learned how to use this thing and I'm aware that it could be the same baby just echoing differently in two different spots. I may just be wishful thinking (don't get me wrong I'm CRAZY thankful for this 1 baby) but had anyone heard of that?
Hopin my U/S is April 24th :)

Jenna I hope your first day at the new job goes well and that you find out about your second interview today!! Fill us in when you get a chance!
And you are cracking me up about poas just for fun, you really ARE the definition of an addict!

ajd SO glad you're back :hugs: and you really seem to be in good spirits, considering. You are such a strong woman!! Congrats on being 5 years smoke free, that's AWESOME!!!
What an awful thing for your friend to say. I have a story about a good friend of mine too. Back when we were younger, 21 to be exact, me and one of my girlfriends were on a trip to Charleston, SC. We were all excited because we were JUST 21 and we were going to party it up in a different city, just the two of us. Well it's about a 7 hour drive from here to there, and she kept getting sick. I joked that she should take a pregnancy test. She did. She was pregnant. She ended up having an abortion. So fast forward to after I had DS and we were trying for baby #2 (several years ago when we first started TTC again). I got my bfp and was SO excited. That of course was followed up with the mc. When I told my gf about it, the same one that had the abortion, she said she could relate to how I was feeling because having the abortion was devastating too!!! I'm like, are you kidding me??? You made a DECISION to END your babies life! That is nowhere near the same as having a miscarriage.
I know many people who have had an abortion and you know, it's not up to me to judge anyone for the decisions they make as I'm not perfect and we don't all have the same belief system - but that was just taking it too far for me.
You know, I've never told anyone that story! Wow.
So do you think there's a chance of you and the ex getting back together, is he coming around to the idea of you trying?

Lilrojo I'm wondering too about your spotting, has it slowed down or stopped? When is your next doc appt?

momof1 When is your next appointment?

Allika Cheating?? Wow!! Some people can be so insensitive. I don't always do this, but I try to remember that I have NO IDEA what others around me are going through...and to keep that in mind when complaining about something.

Breaking No you can't say that! Be optimistic!! This cycle is IT FOR YOU! Your first IUI! :happydance: I have faith!! :hugs: Did you end up testing?

Biggerfamily Thanks for sharing that story, I read it. Bless their hearts!
I agree that we should all keep in mind with assisted conception that it always has the possibility of multiples. But I also can COMPLETELY see why women who find out they are having multiples - specifically those that weren't exactly hoping for more than one at a time - would have a freak out moment. Even though I say I want twins - that's easy to say - if that became a reality, I feel almost CERTAIN I would probably have a panic attack! :haha:
That is always followed up with JOY...ultimately, God gives us what we're meant to have, and I think everyone knows that. But there's also real life to worry about, and that includes finances, your health, etc... so I get it.
How are things going for you? How are your kiddos doing?

WHat's going on with everyone else?! Happy Hump Day!

momof1 :haha: you answered my question before I could even post it bc I was writing a novel :rofl: I will update you!! Can't wait for your next scan, that's not far away at all! Will you be able to find out the gender?
I think it's DEF possible to miss a twin at a 7 week scan! As a matter of fact, it happens more than you might think!! I guess all we can do is wait and see!! :flower:

Momof1 I had my scan at 6 weeks and twins were very obvious. It is possible to pick up a pulse from the umbilical cord blood flow in addition to the baby's heartbeat with a Doppler.

oh momo that would be so exciting! You never know :)

I have still been here... silently catching up on all your news.
Can't wait for the testing!

My next appt for NT screen is Apr 22. I am so impatient - what did women do before US???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->