That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

:hi: ladies,

Just popping by to say hello! :) Sorry again, Imp & Love. :hugs: Please drink and eat some fun stuff for me. Gosh, what would I give to have a margarita right now. But if AF gets me in the next couple of days, that's the first thing I'll be reaching for. ;)

OH Neffie, ME TOOO. A margarita with salt. . . . mmmmmm.

Hey Shell---thanks! I have been using OPKs this cycle, but have been using them wrong (I just found out!) and got no +. Sigh. I am going to get a CBFM because there is just no way I can drink as much water as I do and not pee for four hours in the afternoon as the OPKs say to do. The CBFM uses FMU and sounds a lot easier.

Oh no! How were you using them wrong?

Well, apparently you have to wait four hours in between peeing and you're supposed to test in the early afternoon (2ish). I was testing at around 5 p.m. and not holding my urine for four hours. I mean really! I like to exercise and if you're exercising, you're drinking lots of water and you have to pee! Sigh. Classic Sam move. But I just won a CBFM on ebay, so that will make it all much easier, I hope.

I think I was using it wrong in the same way...I had been testing around 2 and mostly around 5-7...oops! Other cycles that's worked just fine, so perhaps our hormones were just weird....I know someone's probably told me before, but how does the CBFM differ???

Hey Shell---thanks! I have been using OPKs this cycle, but have been using them wrong (I just found out!) and got no +. Sigh. I am going to get a CBFM because there is just no way I can drink as much water as I do and not pee for four hours in the afternoon as the OPKs say to do. The CBFM uses FMU and sounds a lot easier.

Oh no! How were you using them wrong?

Well, apparently you have to wait four hours in between peeing and you're supposed to test in the early afternoon (2ish). I was testing at around 5 p.m. and not holding my urine for four hours. I mean really! I like to exercise and if you're exercising, you're drinking lots of water and you have to pee! Sigh. Classic Sam move. But I just won a CBFM on ebay, so that will make it all much easier, I hope.

I think I was using it wrong in the same way...I had been testing around 2 and mostly around 5-7...oops! Other cycles that's worked just fine, so perhaps our hormones were just weird....I know someone's probably told me before, but how does the CBFM differ???

Maybe my hormones were weird, but I did get some almost-positives on there, and when combined with FF data, I am convinced that they would have been+ on the OPKs but that there was operator error. :wacko:

CBFM tests both estrogen and LH and you use FMU, which I can handle. Wake up, POAS, go about my day. I am a simple girl; I need simple tasks. ;)

CBFM tests both estrogen and LH and you use FMU, which I can handle. Wake up, POAS, go about my day. I am a simple girl; I need simple tasks. ;)

Thanks, that's a good explanation! I like the simplicity of that, will read into it more :)

Aww, thats a good idea Sam.
How much did you win your CBFM for on ebay?
I want to get one too, coz i would much prefer to use FMU than have to not drink, and hold my pee.
Hope it works for you this cycle Hun.
xx
ps: Hope you wont need to use OPKs ever again Grey :winkwink:

The CBFM does sound great - hoping I won't need it or opk though...but if I do I'll look into them for sure, sounds less hit and miss...

I didn't realise all that about opks but have been getting positives on them anyway without particularly waiting or not drinking. Hmmm...

For the first time ever I'm attempting to temp and tracking it on my iPhone. It's pretty difficult as C is really erratic at sleeping and often has us up at 4 ish at the moment before going back to sleep. So when I take my temp I haven't been asleep for that long iykwim! Ah well I might stop after this month.

I've been so bad at keeping up here the last few days ladies and i'm so sorry for neglecting you all xx

Shelleney and Grey,

I use a CBFM, bought one post m/c - highly recommend it. It takes the guess work out of OPK's, temping etc. Got mine for £60 off ebay including 20 sticks.
I buy the sticks now off Amazon for £14.50 for pack of 20 and they last 2 months as you use 10 sticks at a time.

It gives you plenty of warning that the big O is approaching with up to 4/5 high days before you get your peak.

First cycle it asks for sticks from CD6 so you may use full 20 sticks for the first month but once it gets to know your cycle it asks later on. I ov quite early so mine asks around day 8/9 now but i know people who O in late 20's and it starts asking around day 15 or so.

I couldn't manage without mine now.

Thanks so much for that info New.
If I dont get my BFP using OPKs this cycle, I will defo buy one for next cycle.
xx

ps: I love your new avatar pic :flower:

Ok, now THIS is classic FF nonsense. All I did was change my menstrual flow from spotting to light (by mistake, I add) and look at what it gave me ](*,):

bwahahahhaaa. It also shows that I am possibly ovulating every single day minus one in February. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think I need a drink.

Attachments

• You'rejokingFF.jpg
    You'rejokingFF.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
Oh, how lovely.
I hope I get to experience a wonderful day like that.
Yes, I know what you mean. This time last year, I had no idea of what was in store for me either.... :nope:
xx

Aww, thats a good idea Sam.
How much did you win your CBFM for on ebay?
I want to get one too, coz i would much prefer to use FMU than have to not drink, and hold my pee.
Hope it works for you this cycle Hun.
xx
ps: Hope you wont need to use OPKs ever again Grey :winkwink:

Shelleney--I got mine for 47 pounds and it included 20 sticks, but I am an ebay stalker and so I got lucky. I think you could likely get one for around 50-60 without the sticks. But I'm ready to be done with FF (see above) and so. . .

Yes, I think perhaps you should be done with FF. It obviously has no idea what its talking about :rofl:
So I would ditch it, and just go for CBFM.
Ive just bought loads of OPKs and HPTs off ebay yesterday. Bargain!!
xx

YIKES! Sam...I think you and FF need a break...you guys started off on the wrong foot...like a blind date gone bad. I say take a month of two off or if you have the CBFM just concentrate on that :)

I agree. Ditch FF for now Sam....and go for the CBFM....but not before you hit that margarita with salt first. :haha:

Ok Samiam, I thought I got a good deal with my CBFM, maybe not eh! Thanks for that! :haha:

2nd peak for me today and got achy right ovary. Yesterday was achy left ovary so who knows what's happening in there :shrug:

OK, girls. Something happened to me yesterday, and I wanted to ask your opinion on it, but Ive been too embarrassed :blush: But its been playing on my mind all day, so im just gonna go for it.
It contains alot of TMI, so I apologise, and if you dont want to read you dont have to.

OK, here it goes....
As most of you know, I had some pretty positive symptoms this cycle, but it ended in my AF arriving on 12DPO.
Well, I wanted to do a HPT on 10DPO, 11DPO and 12DPO. But my OH wanted me to wait til 14DPO, so I did wait, but never got as far as 14DPO. But I believe that if I had tested earlier I wouldve got a BFP.
Anyways, so my AF arrived on 12DPO, but it was really just brown discharge/spotting for 3 days. Then on CD4 (yesterday) it became bright red fresh blood. Yesterday evening, I went to the toilet, and when I wiped with toilet paper, there was a large clot, containing some sort of tissue (perhaps products of conception?).
So I am now starting to believe that the egg was fertilised this month, and maybe even implanted slighty (lots of pregnancy symptoms) but just wasnt sticky enough, and therefore the AF came and swept it away.
Am I just imagining this? Does this mean I had a "chemical"? I know I didnt ever get a BFP, but I believe that if I did test on 11DPO, it wouldve been positive.
Am I crazy?
Please help me Ladies.....
xx

You're not crazy Shell. If you saw a clot, it's possible that it might have been a chemical. Since you didn't test earlier, it's hard to say though. Do you usually spot brown for a few days before it turns red?

Without a BFP Shell it's hard to say...I totally get all your symptoms and feeling pregnant and you might have been but in the end we'll never know. I know it's hard emotionally but I would try not to think of all the what ifs because you can drive yourself mad doing that. I'm like you I wait until at least day 14 to test to avoid any ups and downs of emotions and a possible chemical. :hugs:

PS. Just for cycle stuff only count CD1 as the day of first full blood. If you only spotted before then that wouldn't count yet as your AF. I just want you to make sure the cycle day is right for when you are TTCing - wouldn't want you to miss the egg ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->