That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Shell: When I was pregnant I always felt like it was an excuse to eat as much chocolate as I wanted. I hope you're not doing the same! What is your plan to help manage your weight gain?

Oh Gosh. My last message must have sounded like I eat my body weight in chocolate! :blush: Actually, I rarely eat it at all. I just meant that I wasnt giving it up! :haha:
My aim is to only gain a pound a week during the rest of my pregnancy (35 lbs, which is 2 and a half stone) im not really sure how feasible that is, as my previous pregnancy didnt last very long, so I dont know how much weight you gain during the later stages. But thats my aim anyways. :shrug:
My boobs have already grown lots this week, so when get weighed at slimming world on monday, I will probably have gained a couple of pounds! :blush:
I dont exercise at all (except for running around after the kids at work) but my OH and I are planning to go for a swim every Saturday morning (starting next week :haha:)
And I am justy planning on cooking lots of healthy home cooked meals, and eating less processed foods and ready meals.

You all seem to be really positive and trying really hard to make a change. Good for you all!! :thumbup: I hope we can all support eachother, so we can become healthier for ourselves and our babies :dust:
xx

Hey guys! My goal is to lose about 50 lbs, but I know this will be a bit of a challenge for me if this pregnancy holds. Before I got pregnant, I was doing moderate aerobics in the morning at home, followed by watching my caloric intake. I am going to have to change things up a bit. The aerobics I was doing are not good for pregnant ladies as they focused a lot on the abdominals and when I ran the exercises past my md, she said I should refrain from some of them.

I got the go ahead for walking, light aerobics and cardio, so that is what I plan to do. We have a treadmill at home, so it's high time for me to blow the dust off of it and use it for 1/2 hour to an hour a day.

I also plan on making an appointment with a nutritionist (as offered by my gyn) to make sure I am getting everything I need for the pregnancy but also not overdoing anything so I can also lose weight at a healthy pace as I still want to calorie/fat count.

After this pregnancy, I plan on actually trying a higher impact program with my DH as we both want to do this together (he is not overweight, he just needs toning). We will probably be investing in an elliptical at some point to replace the treadmill.

So far, that is my plan, will see how it goes!

Good luck with your plans Amber! You'll be marching on that treadmill in no time!
Something someone who works in a gym said to me is interval training is the most effective to get fit quick and burn calories. You walk moderately fast then a short burst of fast walking, then normal then fast...like that. When I remember I do that when I'm walking my dog. I walk him fast between some lampposts and then normal pace the next few...you do feel it and it's low impact!

sounds like a great plan grey..how are you doing today???
:hi: to all ..hoping you are catching your eggy's

Hey Love, how you doing?
I haven't had any chocolate today, but haven't done any exercise yet, I'll be taking my dog out later and will try and interval intensity :D

Hi can I please join your thread, I got got af yesterday so feeling quite miserable and depressed. I had 2 mc's last year and was given the green light after testing to start ttc again last month. I'm really scared that either I'll never conceive again or if I do, I won't be able to keep it. Thanks for listening :)

Hi can I please join your thread, I got got af yesterday so feeling quite miserable and depressed. I had 2 mc's last year and was given the green light after testing to start ttc again last month. I'm really scared that either I'll never conceive again or if I do, I won't be able to keep it. Thanks for listening :)

Course you can - WELCOME! Sorry for your losses, it's a really supportive group of ladies here and we've all been through loss, so we understand :hugs:

welcome, mpepe! sorry the hag got you!!! :hugs: this is a wonderful group of ladies, you will find lots of understanding and support here! Glad you have the green light to ttc again from the doc, and I hope you get your BFP soon! :hugs:

grey--thanks for the info on walking, I will definitely be sure to use that strategy!!

mpepe..welcome..you find we are all reaching for the same goal and have a lot of thoughts that are similar..sorry af got you..
:hi: to everyone else..
afm..hanging around house..doing homework..:(...not interesting either..no real motivation yet for anything..waiting to get the go ahead to get exercising and ttc..although we snuck two bd sessions in without permission:blush:
good luck to you all catching your eggies..:)

Thanks for the warm welcome greygirl, amberyll, loveanurse! Sorry for all of your losses as well. I really hope I'll eventually be a mom but just feeling quite doubtful at the moment. My gyn/ob told me to try for a bit longer on my own but if nothing happens in the next couple of months to go back to see him.

Amber - how have you been feeling?

:hi: Welcome pepe!
Just curious: what testing did you have done? It must have felt like such a long wait between your last mc and ttc again. :hugs: FYI: lots of us have decided to make a weight loss pact, as we've all found that losing our babes has made us run to food for comfort. If you're in the same boat, let us know!

Everyone else: how's the OTWW going for you? Hope there's lots of :sex: and catching that huevo! :cool:

GG: good to know about the interval training. I don't have a dog (wish I did!) but maybe if I'm feeling brave I could try jogging for the first time ever. Keep it up with the no chocolate!

nurse: Good for you, sneaking some forbidden BD time in! I'm guilty of that as well - was told to wait to weeks but couldn't wait last night...oh well, only a few days early. I'm wondering if I'll ovulate this month...do you know anything about that after d&c? It would be so amazing to skip the AF and go straight back to being pregnant, but I'm not holding my breath.

AFM: Still not eating junk and haven't eaten meat. Have been going to kung fu and it feels great. For those two hours I think nothing of my problems, just focus on catching my breath and getting the movements down.

hi all

hi mpepe - sorry you got af and so sorry to hear of your losses. Hope a bfp is just around the corner for you.

Hope evrybody else is ok - anna sounds like you are really getting into the exercise - well done to you.

AFM: Don't know where I fall now - don't know if i have ovulated. Have awful pain in lower abdomen particularly left. THought it might be ov pains but am on 3rd day with it now so maybe its just another clomid side effect. GRRRR

anna..there are conflicting reports regarding ttc after d&c..and i have come to the conclusion to do what's best for you..if your body is ready to hold a baby it will..after a d&c you still have some hcg in your system..so the first step would be to test on a pg test to see if it comes up negative..if so..then you use opk's to tell when you have ovulated..if the hpt comes up + still you need to keep testing until it comes up with a neg hpt..then you go from there..it took me six weeks to get my af..so cd1 was the day i had the d&c..i bled for about two weeks..then 4wk after that i got my first af..
what i did was wait for my first af and tried..and i did fall pregnant after that first cycle but m/c again at 5wks 2days..my dr said that after a d&c the uterine lining has been scraped very thin and it's not conducive to holding a pregnancy..but others on the internet(probably my downfall..lol) say there dr's told them to try right away..
my friend did..she had a similar story such as mine..she was pregnant with twins at the same time as me..ended up having a m/c with d&c...and next month she was pregnant and just had her feb baby..(i was due in feb with my twins)...so it can happen..and you are more fertile after a loss..(fact that my dr told me which was why i wanted to try so quickly)..so it's really all up to you..if you take that chance like i did..you have to be prepared that things might not turn out great...but i figure,,after you have experienced a loss already once and get pregnant again ...you already gear your nerves up for the "what if's"...i know if i ever see a :bfp: again i will be so nervous until i go to my first scan and hear heartbeats...even then after that i will be petrified throughout the whole pregnancy..
i hope this helps you..i think about you and your recent loss all the time and pray for you and your little family..:hugs:
wtt..we are all a little on the sma sometimes when thinking about whether we will ever see a :bfp:..you are definitly not alone
afm..i just happened to get up to get something to drink and decided to check in on bnb...going back to :sleep: now

Due date today. Not sure how I feel at the moment, numb probably. Don't feel as bad as I thought I might.
Just got to get through today in work then hopefully I can put it behind me and look to the future.

A very strange feeling knowing I should have been bringing our first baby into the world...

New--:hugs: hun, you will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

mpepe--I am doing very well, thanks for asking hun! M/S is killing me right now, but I'll take it!

As for your gyn--I would try for 3, maybe 4 cycles and if no luck, schedule to go back, that is what DH and I were planning to do if nothing happened with my last cycle (3rd trying since m/c).

:hugs: new..hope your day is filled with distractions for you..good ones..

I got through work ok and decided to do something really positive - I've started a journal... It feels so good to have got it all off my chest and onto a journal.
Now I can stop hijacking everyone elses to talk about myself and use my own :happydance:

Will put a link to it once I figure out how. :wacko:

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and wishes - I seriously couldn't do it without you all :hugs:

new..that is why i started my journal too..it feels wonderful to put all those thoughts out there...:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->