That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Bonjour Cherie!

You're up bright and early, blimey.

AF is being more of a b-witch than usual - keep thinking she's gone, then the nasty old witch remembers she forgot her specs or something and settles in for another cup of tea. Cowbag. :growlmad: Poor OH has had at least two false alarms for BDing - hate seeing him go "oh, ok, no problem baby. Er, how long is it meant to go on for again?"

Anyway, starting now on the grapefruit juice and the green tea - Grandbleu ma Cher, did you know that green tea comes in decaf now?

I do have a confession ladies - I've started smoking again. :cry: don't judge me, I'm judging myself to an adequate sufficiency thank you. Saw one of those electronic ciggies at a Market the other day, I might need to get one.

Has anyone else heard of using bedroom lighting to prompt OV? I only ever use bedroom lighting to prompt BD! God bless the dimmer switch! :haha:

Hi Crio.
Sorry to hear the witch is being a bitch :growlmad:
Hope she pisses off for good today (and that you and OH can start BDing)
Please dont beat yourself up for smoking. You are going through a very stressful time at the moment, and many people turn to cigarettes to help. We wont judge you on here, just support you with trying to quit again :hugs:
I havent heard of the lighting thing, but to be honest, I dont know much about ovulation at all. lol. need to do soming studying :book:
Hope you are well.
xx
ps: where are all the other OTWWers today? :shrug:

Hey everyone!

Crio - seriously don't sweat the smoking right now...I totally get it...I'm not even a smoker and I've smoked a couple ciggies since my M/C and don't get me started on the wine I've downed since then. I agree with Shelleney this is a hard time and we all need little crutches sometimes to get through and just relax. PS. Thanks for the decaf green tea suggestion. PPS. Dimmer...I think I need to invest :winkwink:

AFM: Things in the BD realm are not going well...OH and I aren't talking...BLEH! Why does this happen when O day is coming up...I hope the arctic chill in the bedroom blows over before Xmas.

Oh Grandbleu. Sorry to hear you and OH has fallen out. The stress of TTC often takes it toll on a relationship. We have fought more in the last 6 months than we have in our entire relationship. Hope you make up soon :kiss:

AFM: i have just invested in some OPKs. I wasnt going to, but I have no idea when I will be Oing, and I am desperate to catch that eggy this month :cloud9:
xx

It can be stressful on your relationship. I think it's the pressure, plus I'm the one watching my signs, opks and temps...
Blergh.
I'm still on CD12 and had 2 negative opks, hopefully we'll catch the egg this month.

oh crio, dont feel bad for the smoking hun, I enjoyed a few on Friday night together with wine, rum, baileys etc and am enjoying some more wine now and very tempted by the cigs. I think you need to take the pressure off yourself, you're going through a hard time and putting in a lot of effort, you still need to have a life and you know you'll give up when it's important to :)

Grand, sorry to hear you've fallen out, its a stressful time isnt it? hope you kiss and make up (and a bit more) soon! x

all others, hope everyone's well

Crio- don't feel bad we all do things when we're stressed.

Grandbleu- hope you kiss and make up soon.

As for me- I'm sitting here with a glass of wine, witch is still here...

:hi: Can I join in please?

I am trying to conceive my first after an MMC on 23rd August at 11+4, although baby measured 7 weeks. :sad2:

It took a whopping 12 weeks for my first AF after my ERPC and now I have invested in a CBFM and am on cycle 2 of using it.

Was sooo convinced that it was going to work on first cycle as many people on here have had success so was gutted when it didn't.

Need some buddys to share the ups and downs with.... :friends:

Hi New! :hi:
Welcome to the Gang!
What cycle day are you on today?
xx

ps: sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hi and welcome! Im sorry for your loss, hope your stay here with us is a short one x

Hi New! :hi:
Welcome to the Gang!
What cycle day are you on today?
xx

ps: sorry for your loss :hugs:

Thanks for the lovely welcome Shelleney, I'm on cd9 of a roughly 28 day cycle.
CBFM went to high this morning so let the :sex: commence :haha:

Hi and welcome! Im sorry for your loss, hope your stay here with us is a short one x

Thanks Sparkle - Lets hope none of us are here for long!

Sending lots of :dust: to all of us x

woohoo! good luck with the BDing Hun.
Hope you get your BFP soon!
xx

Sorry I have been off the last couple of days. Trying to get all the shopping done this weekend (why we wait until the last shopping weekend before xmas is beyond me, but I'll still be in the stores this week too until we go out of town!) and then get ready for the office xmas party (of which they put me in charge! arg!) and then we are out of town!

Welcome to all our new other2ww'ers! :hugs: and I hope your stay here is a short one!

Crio--do not feel bad at all about caving in to a vice right now. I think many of us do this time of the month. I am not a smoker, but I do tend to give in to my wine and caffeine when AF rears her nasty face!

Grandbleu--I hope you and OH have made up, I have had a few blowups with my DH a few times right around OV. It really sucks, and I'm thinking of you!

New--welcome, welcome!

My status: CD 12 today of a 39ish day cycle. Have already started the BDing, just in case I O early, but chances are it wont be until after xmas. Doesnt hurt to practice though! Also started up on the Grapefruit juice this am.

Thinking of trying out OPKs this month. Around what time do you ladies who have used them recommend starting with them? I'm afraid of blowing through them unnecessarily, and I priced them in the store last week and they are pricey just for a 7 day set! YEESH!

Hi Amberyll,
Thanks for the welcome, I love it how everyone is so friendly around here.
Your question about opk's - before I invested in my CBFM, I used internet cheapy opk's. Used to buy 50 at a time for less than the 7 pack in the shops - then I could POAS to my hearts content :happydance:
With my 26 day cycle before m/c, I started testing on day 11 and usually got a + on day 13/14. Some say you don't need to but I used 2 a day just in case I missed surge. Tested at 12pm and 6pm.
For a 39 day cycle, I would start testing on day 16 and see how you get on.
Good luck :dust:

Morning OTWWwaiters! :hi:

New - Welcome to the gang :)...What is CBFM??? I've seen that acronym around but don't know what it means??? Thanks.

Amber - Glad you got shopping done. (PS. the cookies once they cooled down are actually fine...do they sort of taste like a chocolate shortbread but soft??? - I have to add the mint filling today...they aren't as terrible as I once thought and I think my mistake was being greedy and eating one right out of the oven :munch: LOL). I'm on grapefruit juice as well...just a glass a day...maybe I should up it???

Sparkle + Crio - Now the :witch: must be gone I hope! Enjoy ciggies and wine while you can.

Greygirl - any sign of Oday??? I've never used OPKs...they always sound complicated to me.

Shelleney - how's it going???

AFM: We've made up after a tense afternoon and evening. I think this whole M/C and my depression (just a mini one after the M/C not a long term thing) have just created a bad atmosphere...and I'm so nervous but also desperate to get pregnant that OH feels so much pressure and it takes away from the "funness" and spontaneity...I hate TTC sometimes:nope: But I'm hoping now that we're better that we can just get on with it and hopefully it won't seem like a chore...

Hi to anyone I accidentally missed!

Morning OTWWwaiters! :hi:

New - Welcome to the gang :)...What is CBFM??? I've seen that acronym around but don't know what it means??? Thanks.

Amber - Glad you got shopping done. (PS. the cookies once they cooled down are actually fine...do they sort of taste like a chocolate shortbread but soft??? - I have to add the mint filling today...they aren't as terrible as I once thought and I think my mistake was being greedy and eating one right out of the oven :munch: LOL). I'm on grapefruit juice as well...just a glass a day...maybe I should up it???

Sparkle + Crio - Now the :witch: must be gone I hope! Enjoy ciggies and wine while you can.

Greygirl - any sign of Oday??? I've never used OPKs...they always sound complicated to me.

Shelleney - how's it going???

AFM: We've made up after a tense afternoon and evening. I think this whole M/C and my depression (just a mini one after the M/C not a long term thing) have just created a bad atmosphere...and I'm so nervous but also desperate to get pregnant that OH feels so much pressure and it takes away from the "funness" and spontaneity...I hate TTC sometimes:nope: But I'm hoping now that we're better that we can just get on with it and hopefully it won't seem like a chore...

Hi to anyone I accidentally missed!
Hi Grandbleu,
Sorry, for ages I felt like it was only me that didnt know what everything stood for.
CBFM is Clearblue Fertility Monitor.
My turn now, what is AFM?

Thanks - AFM - means As For Me :)

Is the CBFM - the one that is digital and has a smiley face???

Its the machine that asks for sticks on set days of the month and gives you either a low, high or peak reading.
Costs £100 new but I got mine off Ebay for £50.
Its expensive but post m/c, I was - and still am - desperate to get pregnant again so I reasoned it was worth it. Lady I bought it off only used it one cycle and got pregnant straight away!
I'm not so lucky cos this is my 2nd cycle of using it!

Hi all! Hope everyone's having fun in the OTWW :D

Amberyll23 - I also buy them online at ebay and they're SO much cheaper that way! They're not as fancy, but do the job :) I have a longish cycle (30+ days) and started on day 11...just in case!

NewToAllThis - Good luck with your 2nd cycle using it, hope it works for you!

grandbleu - Hoping the atmosphere gets better for you and you can get the happiness back with having a baby. It must be so hard on both of you :hugs:

I'm on CD13 and will be testing for the 3rd time today, but I had a dip in temp quite low, could that mean I'm about to O really early for me? We :sex: this morning, but the :spermy: would be 6 days old, so I'm hoping I'll O in a few days and have freshy :spermy: for that.

:wave: ladies, can I join you all. Ive just come out of the 2ww forum :( looking forward to getting back in there again but in the meantime I might aswell enjoy a christmas :wine: or two :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->