That OTHER 2 Week Wait!

Love: Try that B-complex. It can't hurt anything and it sure has changed my mood and my libido. :)

Hi girlies :flower:

Sorry I've been off the radar during the TWW...not forgetting my girls in the OTTW though, I promise! Sounds like there's a mixed bag of emotions - Love, so sorry you're feeling the AF blues :cry: something we all know too well. Hugs. :hugs: plenty of red wine and chocolate remember - just the tonic!

Grey - good luck with your appointment hun, that's great that you're being so proactive and getting things sorted. Here's hoping your cycle will settle down as soon as it hears there's nothing wrong!!

Hi and big love to everyone else...well, looks like I finally O'd on CD28 - which makes me 10dpo today, phew! and...big news...as you all know, I usually spot from 6dpo onwards, and get AF around 10 or 11dpo, and so far (touch fingers) I have had NO spotting at all!! I don't know if that means I'm in with a chance of a BFP or not, as I've been taking 100mg of B6 this month - so reckon that's helped with the spotting - but even if it isn't a BFP, then I'm just thrilled to have stopped (or delayed) the spotting!! keep you posted girls! xx:kiss:

Can I ask a stoopid question please??

What does the B6 do? Is it B complex or just normal B6? And what is it used for?
I've wondered for a while and know you girls will help me out!

Also, I don't think I have an LP issue but wonder that as I cramp for days beforehand that I am already out by 8dpo, which is really early even though bleeding doesn't start til 12/13dpo...

Advice needed please.....:doh:

Can I ask a stoopid question please??

What does the B6 do? Is it B complex or just normal B6? And what is it used for?
I've wondered for a while and know you girls will help me out!

Also, I don't think I have an LP issue but wonder that as I cramp for days beforehand that I am already out by 8dpo, which is really early even though bleeding doesn't start til 12/13dpo...

Advice needed please.....:doh:

Hi New! :flower: I'm no expert but read a lot about B6 before giving it a try - as far as I know (sure the other girlies will correct me if I'm wrong!) - it has two effects...one in reducing spotting, and two in lengthening your LP. In my case it has DEFINITELY stopped my spotting - perhaps as a by-product of lengthening my LP too, I don't know. mine is usually 10 days. I've read it only extends it by a day or so though, so who knows, AF may well appear tomorrow! But one thing to bear in mind is that you shouldn't take B6 long-term I don't believe - as long-term usage can lead to nerve-ending damage. I think 100mg is ok but lots of people also say you shouldn't take B6 alone, as you may leave yourself depleted of other nutrients. it's better to take a vitamin B complex, or combine extra dosages of B6 with a multivitamin (like your normal Pregnacare Conception tabs or something similar). I'm going to see what happens this cycle and then stop taking it I think - I'm just glad it's 'worked' this time round - though I have heard people saying you can continue to take extra B6 throughout pregnancy! basically I've taken 1x100mg B6 tablet every evening this month, in addition to my regular multi-vitamin (which has folic acid etc and an additional 10mg of B6 and other B vits). so in total I'm taking 110mg of B6. Hope that helps xx

Grey - So glad you got your appointment. :) Hope you get some positive answers!

Love - YAY on the weight loss! That's what I'm talkin about. :thumbup:

Morticia - Hope this is it for you. When are you testing?

New - B6 is usually used to lengthen the LP. It can also be used to relieve PMS symptoms.

:hi: to anyone I missed.

:wave: ..so glad I went to work...am I :wacko: or what..lol..but it sure did help my mood. It kept my mind busy and active..lol just what the dr ordered..lol
New..the girls are correct...b6 helps with pms symptoms and helps lengthen lp. If you take too much it can cause nerve damage..usual recommended dose is 100mg, but to help with absorption you should take a vit bcomplex tablet with it. In my case, I noticed when I took the b6 i spotted early????:shrug: that is why i did not take it this month. I didn't spot early either.
Morticia..i hope it's a :bfp: for you
:hi: to everyone..thanks for the mental boost. I hope i am not too much of a pain..just can't seem to shake this funk although i do feel a little better. I gues some of it is due to my boss changing my work schedule that i've had for 2+yrs. I now work a ridiculous schedule..3 on 1 off 3 on 2off 2on 3off and so on..no real life for my family. any extra time i would pick up would take away from my family time..:(

Thanks girls, think I can rule that one out. Don't get any pms symptoms anymore and my lp is fine (I think).

Just wish I didn't get the 8 dpo onwards cramping every month, makes me think my insides are already breaking down ready for AF and I have no chance for implantation.

Just wish someone could tell me I'd be a mum one day and I could stop stressing over it all the time.

Hey ladies.. Im sure I will be back on here in a day or so.. still hoping I wont be.. but a BFN this morning didnt help.. bla..

New-b6 did the same to me as it did for love.. took it one cycle and started spotting at 7dpo that last a long time.. so I'm against it.. :)

I know I havent been on this thread for a long time.. if you dont want to answer thats fine.. but how long have you all been trying.. debating on if I should call the doc or if they would they would tell me to to just keep trying.. Im on cycle 6 right now.. if af shows we will be on 7... been using opks and now my cbfm.. and I ovulate the same day every month.. what do you all think?

Hey ladies.. Im sure I will be back on here in a day or so.. still hoping I wont be.. but a BFN this morning didnt help.. bla..

New-b6 did the same to me as it did for love.. took it one cycle and started spotting at 7dpo that last a long time.. so I'm against it.. :)

I know I havent been on this thread for a long time.. if you dont want to answer thats fine.. but how long have you all been trying.. debating on if I should call the doc or if they would they would tell me to to just keep trying.. Im on cycle 6 right now.. if af shows we will be on 7... been using opks and now my cbfm.. and I ovulate the same day every month.. what do you all think?

Lil, seeing as you asked, I'm going to give you my honest opinion (having read your journal).
I think you were extremely lucky to get preggo straight away twice.

I think 6 to 12 months TTC is about average (dependent on age of course) and therefore I think you should keep trying for a bit. You obviously don't have any issues getting pregnant so maybe its your bodies way of telling you its not quite ready yet for another pregnancy.

As for me, first time took 12 months and approx 14 cycles, ...this time.....well, who knows but 9 months since my m/c and approx 10 cycles so far.
I used to have 24/25 day cycles and since m/c, they are 27/28/29 days with the odd 23 dayer!!
But I am 36 and therefore classed as old so I kind of knew it may not be as easy for me as for others... but not this hard!!

This is just my opinion though so please don't feel like I'm lecturing you on what is right and what is not. Hope this makes sense, I may just be rambling!! xx

This is my 5th cycle after my MC. I got pregnant on our second try, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Even though it seems like an eternity, they say it's completely normal for healthy couples to take up to a year to get pregnant. If it makes you feel better, you can talk to your ObGyn, but they probably won't refer you for further testing until you've hit that 1 year mark. I hate to say it, but since you're under 30 they will use that as an excuse all the more. Hang in there. It's anything but easy this TTC roller coaster. :thumbup:

Lil..the girls are correct. mY ob/gyn says that the average couple with no fertility issues take anywhere from 9mos to a yr. My dh and I have always had trouble. We started trying with the ntnp in 09 while i was still in nursing school but got really serious in the fall around nov 09 and it took us let me see 6mos or so for our pregnancy..(was the earliest success for us) that ended in mm/c and we waited one cycle instead of 3 like the dr told us and tried again (our thoughts..if my body is ready it'll happen) we got pregnant again straight away but m/c at a little over 5wks and that was last oct. I have had absolutely NO LUCK since then.
now my dr says i have to wait a few months to make sure i am back on a regular cycle then go 6mos to a yr from there..it's now been 3cycles since my surgery and i'm regular as ever. waiting until nov/dec before i make appt with dr for further assistance. trying to avoid medical interference if i can help it..especially since things can sometimes get quite costly..

I know how you feel Lil. I got pregnant first month last time (a minor miracle with PCOS) and so I thought/hoped it would after my loss...I'm on 7months and a few cycles later. I have got an appointment to see if they can help, I'd say no harm in asking, but if you're healthy (no complications) then they might not be able to help much yet.

AFM: I 'think' I may have O'd...I got 2 positive (or just shy of, colour-wise) OPK's yesterday and luckily had :sex: the day before...didn't have :sex: yesterday as hubbie tired - it's been a struggle getting him near me this month :( Then my temp shot up today, so hoping I O'd yesterday and not today as there'll be less chance right? It's been so frustrating...I'm hoping with everything that that one time the day before (my possible O) is enough...I haven't managed to use any preeseed this month, I can never guarantee we'll have sex, so didn't want to waste it :S
Fingers crossed!

Grey,

Your dh sounds like mine. This month I have virtually had to beg for sex and haven't had ANY since 2 days before ov (day 13, I'm now on day 26).

He is avoiding it completely and I haven't dared mentioned it as it makes him even less likely to agree to any. He doesn't have a huge sex drive at the best of times!

He doesn't even seem to want to kiss me at the moment, and I dont know why.:shrug:
We're fine other than that, but I just think he's fed up of 'on demand' sex.

....but how else am I going to get pregnant?

So I can totally sympathise with you. :hugs:

:hugs: to both of you New and Grey...men can be such dolts sometimes over ttc. My dh has been better the last two months but before..it was a lot of times me pitching a fit to get sex (aka sympathy sex but whocares as it gave me my deposit..lol hubby's words not mine)

:hugs: Grey & New.

Lil - I read a post from you on another thread that you're going to be taking a break from BnB. I totally get where you're coming from...I took a break myself for a while. I'm still holding out hope though for your BFP this cycle. We'll be here when you're back. Take care. :kiss:

:hi: Love.

Anna & Lisa - Hope you guys are doing well. :flower:

Neffie... thanks so much.. BnB just gets hard... Im so happy for all my friends I have made and will miss you all... but a short break is just what I think I need.. and the witch showed today.. right on schedule.. not full force yet.. but here.. thank you though.. its so nice being able to find support for whatever decisions we make..

Good luck to you all.. and I hope you all get your deserved BFPs!

sorry to hear the witch came lil...support is definitly here and will be here when you come back
:hi: to everyone else

Glad it's not just me who has trouble getting some...it's so frustrating, I know he wants a baby, but doesn't seem to change anything.
How are you all doing today? :hugs:

Grey - So glad you got your appointment. :) Hope you get some positive answers!

Love - YAY on the weight loss! That's what I'm talkin about. :thumbup:

Morticia - Hope this is it for you. When are you testing?

New - B6 is usually used to lengthen the LP. It can also be used to relieve PMS symptoms.

:hi: to anyone I missed.

Testing on Saturday Neffie - that'll be 15dpo. It's literally a record for me, I'm now 12dpo with NO spotting and no sign of AF. I can't help getting a little bit hopeful...especially as my temps rose again this morning (only by 0.1 of a degree, but over the past 12 days they've all stayed well above my coverline)...very nervous about having those hopes dashed, though, so not going to throw a party just yet! am officially 2 days 'late' by my usual LP standards though too - I'm usually only 10 days on average. I'll definitely keep you all posted. Lots of love everyone xxx:kiss:
P.S I totally hear you all on feeling like you might need a break from b&b. It can be so frustrating/upsetting/disappointing. Especially when you convince yourself it's YOUR month...I'm just feeling lucky to be even in with a chance. I've only had 4 or 5 AFs in the last 9 months, so thought it was never going to happen to someone with such long cycles, and late O (CD 28 or 29). Keep you posted and loads of hugs to all of you who are feeling blue xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->