The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

So exciting. I'm crampy this week, let's hope it's a good sign for me too!

Congrats Hotpink! :)

Good luck Lisa!

So today is CD13 and I am super excited! I got a positive OPK!!!!!!!!!!! So I am ovulating really early this month which hopefully means that I will get an even longer LP! It has been 7 for over 6 months... but my first month on Femara it was 10 days and hopefully this month my LP is longer and/or I never see AF!! :)

How is everyone else doing?

Lisa I've been crampy too...and gassy :blush: Hope it means good things for us both! I go for my blood test tomorrow so hopefully the results come in fast so I can find out what is going on!

Kasi, hope you catch your eggy!

I went to see U2 tonight and had to wait for-ev-er for the train. Going to be super cranky tomorrow since it is so late! Great concert though!

I'm out. :cry: I guess I did ovulate on Saturday the 11th. Ugh.

Hoping my doctor can at least give me some answers about my long cycles when I go on Tuesday. This is so frustrating and disheartening. :nope:

I'm out. :cry: I guess I did ovulate on Saturday the 11th. Ugh.

Hoping my doctor can at least give me some answers about my long cycles when I go on Tuesday. This is so frustrating and disheartening. :nope:
soery to hear that!

Anyone interested in purchasing some OPKs? I bought a ton and I'm not crazy about the kind I got. I was using the Wondfo's, but the last time I got them they're a little different - super skinny, and the outside packaging says "Wanfu" which is I guess the same as Wondfo? They work fine, but I'm just being a brat and like the other kind better. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E1Y1X6

Anyway, I have between 80-90 left, and would be willing to sell them for $15 including shipping. Anyone want them??

Hey Lisa- sorry to hear AF got you. :hugs: Hopefully this cycle you get your BFP!

Kasi- hurrah to hear that Femara is working for you. I am hopeful for you this month.

Rae- U2- kewl.

So today is CD14 for me. I usually O on CD16 I think and have a positive OPK on CD15. Well today, I appear to have got my positive OPK! WHA?! I planned to BD on CD14(am) and CD16(am)... now it's kinda messed up. LOL. Sigh... what will be will be I guess.

Aw, Lisa, so sorry to hear you're out. I was so hoping we'd both get lucky together this month. I'm hoping your doc can help you find some answers. Mine thinks my long cycles may be either a thyroid issue or PCOS. You may even luck out going to the doc on a new schedule because maybe they can do something to help with this one. Mine could just give me something to end my cycle for now.

Mk8 and Kasi - keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Hopefully everything works out right this month and you catch the egg.

As for me, just got back from the lab to give my blood for testing and have to call and set up my ultrasound appointment next. Oh what fun stuff we go through for baby.

hey girls, i just watched "one born every minute- usa version" - if you havent seen it, it follows ladies through the maternity ward. OW! haha. i still want to go through it tho. heh heh.

ya know, a friend of mine is 4 months preggers. her hubby is the one who always wanted kids and she said she was ok not having them, she prefers dogs and she loves her job etc. but i think she always knew she would have them. anyhoo... shes now preggers with her first and he (cheeky so n so) said "labours not hard, you just POP it out- easy" and then followed it with "man, she gets a whole year off, i want a year off"- year off? it isnt a holiday! blokes!

Thanks ladies. :hugs: It's nice to get support from those who truly understand how hard it is to see that :witch: show up. I'm obviously disappointed, but a bit relieved at this point just to see this long cycle come to an end. I'm also hoping that it will be a good thing going to the obgyn this early in my cycle. It will be cd5 when I go - I've heard of bloodword on cd 3, I wonder if it's also good on cd 5??

Also - my period usually starts light, sometimes even just spotting for a day or 2, then gets heavy. This time it started today, heavy right away. Anyone know if that's a good thing or a bad thing??

Did you girls see my post above about OPKs??

Afternoon ladies....

So I woke up this morning and my temp had jumped. I am worried I only got to BD once before I O'd... (yesterday morning) Could i have possibly o'd that quickly?

Let's hope that lucky CD 13 was for us? That's my hubby's hockey #. Could you imagine... all the work we have put in for 11 cycles and it would only take 1 shot! That would be fantastic....

On another note I have been a bit nauseous all week... not sure why but maybe it's my body adjusting to the new cycle that Femara has brought on....

Kasi - So exciting!! Hoping that this is it for you!! All it takes is one time, so you could very well be on your way to a :bfp:!

Kasi - I hadn't heard of Femara, so I was just reading a little bit on it. Am I right in the understanding that it works like Clomid, and induces ovulation? How did you dr. decide to go with that and not Clomid? I'm really hoping my dr. prescribes me something next week. It's only been 8 months but with my cycles being long I'm getting worried that I don't ovulate. So, Femara is a shot? Sorry, so many questions, haha!

Kasi - I hadn't heard of Femara, so I was just reading a little bit on it. Am I right in the understanding that it works like Clomid, and induces ovulation? How did you dr. decide to go with that and not Clomid? I'm really hoping my dr. prescribes me something next week. It's only been 8 months but with my cycles being long I'm getting worried that I don't ovulate. So, Femara is a shot? Sorry, so many questions, haha!

You are correct. Femara is like Clomid but isn't FDA approved to be used in the manner I am using it, They call it 'off label' use. It's not against the rules but it isn't approved by the FDA to use it that way... The great thing about Femara is that there are no side effects. The only thing I noticed the first month was an occasional hot flash. Also, Femara has a slightly lower risk of multiples.

I am thrilled with it so far! My LP has increased from 7 to 10 days the first month and this month I O'd on day 13 possibly so hopefully my LP is more than 10 days!

Lisa - I don't know if anything can be determined by the heaviness of your flow. The obgyn did ask but didn't say anything about it. I think they're probably just concerned if it is super super light or crazy heavy. I saw your post about the OPKs but, since I haven't had much luck with them and the obgyn has me on a 3 times a week schedule for my next cycle, I don't think I'll be needing them again. I have to say, once I stopped using them, it removed a lot of stress from all the - Is this a positive? Is it darker than yesterdays?

Kasi - Lisa is exactly right, it only takes one time if it just happens to be the right timing so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm hoping our one and only time BD-ing anywhere near my ovulation day was enough. I had pretty much given up hope on O-ing with my crazy long cycle so didn't expect it when it happened.

Femara is actually 2 pills I take days 3-7 of my cycle. Let's hope I get a BFP this month.. then I can be a poster child for the miracle drug! LOL

Thanks for the info Kasi. All these TTC drugs are amazing!! Or in Femara's case - a breast cancer treatment drug that also helps with infertility....crazy!!!

I know! It is crazy! :) Keep me posted on how things go with your appt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->