The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Don't lose hope Gueyilla! My doc thought I might not be ovulating too with my long cycles and said there were plenty of ways they could try and get my body to ovulate. I'm pretty sure I do though since my temps went up finally but at least there are things out there to help.

Thank you, i was hoping that i was ov on my own but omg if its not something its another. now i have to wait to get a referral again dam medical insurance crap!!!

Hey Pink- great to hear from you! :) I cant wait for your next pregnancy update. :) You take care of yourself missy.

Kasi- great news on DH's spermies :) Hope this is your month indeed!

Rae- I hope this cycle sees you to your BFP!

As for me, I am on CD17. I think I ovulated on CD15... not quite sure! Gonna wait to see what FF says. But if FF confirms O for me this month and if this isn't my month, I have decided to put down my thermometer and OPKs next cycle. Just too stressful. I thought I was doing OK emotionally but the past few days, I have been a real B*tch! I just feel angry and have a really short fuse. Things haven't been great with DH either. We are doing the deed etc but I dunno, I feel like all this TTCing is starting to take its toll. He went out on Fri until really late and I got annoyed because a) he didn't pick up the phone (I didn't know how late it was going to be and by then it was 130am) b) - this is the main reason - we were due to BD early the next day and we said we would have a healthier lifestyle this month- no booze, no late nights, taking vits etc. So it is 100% official, the whole TTC madness is taking over my life. Not cool. So I am hoping my holiday will chill me (and dh)out and when we get back, we will take a relaxed approach... hopefully we will have our BFP though! :)

Well ladies got my obgyn appt tomorrow...excited and nervous all at the same time. Just hoping something, ANYTHING, comes of it!!!

Good luck Lisa! Hopefully they give you some hope like mine did.

I still haven't heard back on my blood test results so I think I'm going to test tomorrow morning. I keep getting cramps though so I'm pretty sure I'm out.

So I figured there was no point in testing this morning. Temps went down again, expecting AF in the next day or two. Hopefully she'll hold off until after my ultrasound tomorrow at least.

Well I'm happy to say that my doctor is getting things moving!! :happydance:

She ordered bloodwork, to be done on July 14th which will be cd21. I told her it most likely won't show ovulation by then, but she wanted that day anyway, haha. So it will be checking for ovulation and other hormone levels. She checked off a bunch of stuff on the requisition sheet - like LH, FSH, and others I haven't heard of, so obviously I'm going to Google all those in a few minutes. :haha:

She also told me to start temping. Ugh, I didn't want to do that because it will be just one more thing to stress me out and obsess over!! :dohh: But, I will do what they want me to do! Then she made me an appt in September, to go over my charting so far, and all that. I usually see the nurse practitioner, but my appt in Sept will be with the doctor. Bustin' out the big guns!

She also gave me an order for a SA for my hubby...complete with specimin jar. :rofl: She said we didn't need to do it yet if we didn't want to, but she'd give me all the necessary paperwork for whenever we are ready. We'll see what my hubby has to say about it when he gets home tonight. I sent him a text message with the picture saying, "Look what I've got for you!" \

I'm just so relieved she got the ball rolling and didn't tell me to wait a few more months until we'd been trying a year. :thumbup: On that note, I'm off to join Fertility Friend. Anyone have tips for me as a newbie in the temping/charting world??

How's everyone today??

Lisa, I bet you hot the same blood work I did. Mine checked for LH, FSH, and HCG of course to see if I'm preggers. I still haven't heard back yet. Hope your results come back good! I go for my ultrasound tomorrow...if AF can hold off that long :) Maybe we can compare results when they come back.

I'll post some temping tips tonight! But the basics are, take it as soon as you wake, same time every day, and make sure to take it before you get up or move around.

Thanks Rae. Yeah I bet we are getting all the same stuff checked with our bloodwork. I'm already dying for July 14th to go get it done, haha!

Got my thermometer, and made a thread looking for some tips....going to start temping tomorrow! Is it worth it to get the VIP for FF or just use the free stuff??

My blood test is to test for all the same things as u lisa. I've got mine on Monday morning. I'm using the CBFM and no peak yet!
I don't think I've ever looked foward to a blood test so much!
Hope it won't take too long to get the results!

hey girls

Wow- testing galore!

Best of luck with the results and hope they are able to help in some way :)

Lisa... the tests...

LH= luteneizing hormone so it checks you have a surge to indicate you are ovulating. Same as what the OPKs measure. My GP said you take that test on CD3 and CD14 so you have a comparison. CD14 should be a lot higher.

FSH= Follicle Stimulating Hormone. I think this checks egg reserves. A lower number is better I think.

Day 21- that would be perfect to test your progesterone levels. What's your LP hun?

On FF charting- go for the freebie for now.

This is so exciting. :)

I however am not sure what's going on. I got positive OPKs but temps havent really risen (feel free to check out my chart). Not normally like this. Weird. Wondering if perhaps I didnt ovulate :(

Yeah Lisa, I agree with mk8 I've been doing free FF and haven't seen any need to pay except when I really want it to check my pregnancy symptoms :)

Mk8 - I don't know what is up with your chart. I agree, I would have expected some kind of temp rise by now. Maybe your body revved up for O (thus the pos opk) but then didn't quite make it? Mine seems to do that several times per cycle which causes these obnoxiously long cycles for me.

Ugh, I wish lab work was faster...had my blood test last Thursday and still no word yet. I feel like AF is going to show before I even hear back if I'm ok to take the prometrium that is supposed to bring on AF. Ultrasound tomorrow...hopefully I'll get some more info there. I suspect I may have PCOS so I'll be looking for cysts. I didn't test after all this morning since my temp dropped again but my cramps seem even lighter than yesterday so not sure what that means. Guessing I'll be seeing AF soon though if my temps continue to drop. Chart is in my sig if any want to take a look - it is crazy long!

Oh I'm glad there are a few of us going through this together. :)

Great, I'll stick with the free FF then, even better!!

Thanks for the info Mk8. My lp is usually 12 days, but since my cycles are long I don't think I've have ovulated yet by cd 21. But I suppose they can check all the other stuff.

Hey Rae, yeah, maybe I didn't O afterall...sigh. Continuing with OPKs and temping to see what happens for the rest of this cycle. I hope I have Od and my temping is just wrong. Sigh. So Rae, what kinda tests did you have done? I think Free Androgen Index is one they test for PCOS.

Well hopefully docs will be able to work something out for you Lisa. I suspect they may put you on Clomid! When did you start TTC again? Also, have you always had long cycles?

Rae - Your chart IS crazy long!! Kinda cool though, how you can see the rise after you ovulated. It does seem to be dropping, but since I don't know a lot about charting I'm not yet qualified to give advice. ;)

Mk8 - I agree with Rae, maybe you geared up to Ov but never did?? Why are your red lines dotted and not solid, does that mean anything??

I'm excited to be a chart stalker now!! :thumbup:

I had a blood test done Thursday to check the normal TTC levels as well as my thyroid since obgyn noticed my thyroid gland was a bit enlarged. I'm going for an ultrasound (pelvic and intrauterine) tomorrow which I am assuming they're using to check for the typical ring of cysts that goes along with PCOS. That is just a guess though since I am sure there are other things they're checking for but the only two my obgyn specifically named were thyroid levels and PCOS.

Well hopefully docs will be able to work something out for you Lisa. I suspect they may put you on Clomid! When did you start TTC again? Also, have you always had long cycles?

Not sure what my cycles were before going on bcp. I stopped bcp in October, so was kind of trying right away, though it took me a while to figure out what in the world I was doing!! So 2 cycles in I started using OPKs and paying more attention to CM and all that, which was February.

Yes, I was extremely surprised to have ovulated but it seems pretty clear with my temps that I did - finally. Maybe my cycle just needed to be scared by the threat of the obgyn visit to finally kick it into gear :)

I feel like temping/charting helps to get a more definitive look at what is going on in your cycle. If I just went by OPKs I would think I was about to ovulate all the time.

I'm getting the urge to test, maybe I will tomorrow if my temps don't plummet. It'll be 14 dpo then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->