The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Just checking in.. lots of stuff going on right now so I put ttc on the back burner for now... Don't have time to read everything I missed but I hope everyone is well...

Kendra - Hope all is well!! :hugs: We miss you around here!!

Happy 4th everyone!! Need to rant for a sec: Had a cookout yesterday for my best friends daughters 1st bday party. Her brother also has a 9 month old and her cousin has a 3 month old. So I was standing with all of them, holding the 9 month old (so cute!), and somehow the conversation started about how quickly they all got pregnant. My best friend also has a 3 1/2 yr old, so she said something like, "We were going to wait like 2 yrs after we got married before kids, then 3 months later I got pregnant!!" Her cousin, who is very religious and actually had never had sex before getting married last June, said, "Yeah I thought it would take us a year so we started trying right away, and we got pregnant 2 weeks after we got married!" And I don't even remember what her brother said, his girlfriend (now fiancee) got pregnant after they had been together 5 months, which was obviously not planned. I was sooo annoyed and wanted to scream and/or cry!!! Then later in the day someone was talking about having another and my friend goes, "Yeah but we have to wait for Lisa so we can all be pregnant together!!" Keep in mind my friend knows we're trying, so although she probably thought nothing of saying that, it upset me. :nope: Ugh. It was a rough day filled with adorable babies that made my heart ache.

Aw Lisa, sorry you had to go through that! I feel your pain though. I have 2 cousins on one side and one on the other who accidentally got their girlfriends pregnant. Here we are trying and nothing is happening and the ones that don't want it get pregnant so easily. It doesn't seem fair sometimes.

Well the obgyn called with my blood results and I have been officially diagnosed with PCOS. Apparently there are three indicators they check for to diagnose you: high testosterone androgen levels, irregular cycles, and uncharacteristic appearance of the uterus (which I'm guessing is normally classified by cysts). You need two of the three indicators to be diagnosed and I have slightly elevated testosterone levels and irregular cycles. The doc also mentioned that my LH and FSH levels are switched (LH is elevated) so my brain isn't sending the trigger for me to ovulate.

I pretty much expected this outcome but it still hit me pretty hard since it is yet another bump in the road to trying to have our little one. I do think I'm at least still ovulating since my temps go up and stay up 13 or 14 days before AF shows so that should hopefully help. My doc said to keep trying and that it only takes one time ovulating to get pregnant. I still have my 1 year appointment in November and, if I'm still not pregnant at that point, the plan is to check my tubes for blockage and get a analysis for hubby and if all things are ok there, I'll be going on clomid. Ugh, more stress but hopefully we get lucky and manage to catch one of the few times I ovulate.

How is everyone else doing?

Morning all!
Sorry u didn't get the outcome u wanted from ur blood tests rae. I had my bloods done on Monday and will hopefully get an appoinent tomorrow to the get the results.
But tonight I am off to see take that at wembley and cannot wait so I'm gonna try and forget all about this ttc stuff for a few hours!

Sorry to hear that Rae...but at least now you have some answers and you're on your way to BFP. :hugs:

Well I cried it all out last night. Hubby was wonderfully supportive. I know nothing has changed I was just feeling very discouraged. Feeling a little better today and just hoping that I manage to ovulate this cycle so that we have a shot. I can't imagine waiting another 5 months to do anything if my body doesn't manage to ovulate on its own.

Rae,

Sorry to hear that! :( Could you push to be put on something to stimulate ovulation sooner? It seems crazy that they would make you wait!

Ladies,

Desperate times call for desperate measures! I went out and bought preseed today! LOL. I told the hubby we need to try it before we have to start paying $180 a month for Femara... unfortunatly that is what the prescription is going to cost me starting next month! :( FX'd this is my month!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

The obgyn doesn't want to stick me on clomid yet until the one year check of my tubes and hubby's SA since she said it wouldn't make a bit of difference if there are other factors contributing to infertility. I'm still ovulating as of right now just way more delayed. I was supposed to take prometrium to try and kick start my cycles back into order but AF showed on its own before that came about.

Feeling much better about things tonight. Hubby is on board with the 3 times a week plan too so hopefully we'll catch O this time around and have success. I have a feeling we keep missing O since my cycles are so long and we never know when it is coming. Maybe if we get it this round things will work out. I still have my prescription for prometrium that we didn't use so if my cycles takes forever again I may take that since obgyn mentioned I may need to go on that eventually just to get a period every 2 or 3 months.

Hope everyone else is doing well and really hope we all have BFPs coming up very soon!

Hi ladies,
I really need your advice! Called the Dr;s this afternoon and blood test came back all clear.YAY so hopefully I ovulated on day 15 as pedicted by my CBFM.
I also had my smear test today, I have to have one every 6 months after they picked up abnormal cells last year. Anyway I went to the hospital and they had trouble doing one of the smears...first they asked if they ever had to have use an extra long spectrum to open up the cervix...no they hadnt, and they also had trouble opening the cervix to get a swab of cells, so i may have to go back.
I know alot of you ladies track your cervix position,but i dont and dont really know anything about it....if its higher then normal and not opening could it be cos im pregnant????

I heard that you can't really tell if you're pregnant by cervix position because it isn't reliable and changes positions a lot in the beginning. Sorry, I know that isn't much help. Cervix position is also high and closed after O but it could just be that your starting position is higher than others. I've heard several woman can't even reach their cervix any time in their cycle but I've never had any problem reaching mine.

Hey Ladies! I am so sorry I haven't been on. I have still been terribly ill. I've lost 13 lbs and am still having a hard time keeping food & fluids down.
I am 12 weeks 3 days today but based on the scan I had on Tuesday I was 12wks 4 days then. LOL! Baby had a growth spurt.
I just wanted to pop on and say that I hope everyone is doing ok. Once I start feeling better I'll try to start getting on more.
I miss you ladies!!!!!

RN hope you feel better soon! Baby must just be getting nice and comfy in there :)

Hey RN! Glad baby is growing and doing well, but sorry you have been so sick!! Can't believe you're 12 weeks already - time is flying. Hopefully the sickness will pass as you begin your 2nd tri.

Hope everyone else is doing great. I'm still waiting to ov...this wait is worse than the TWW for me! Ugh!

Still waiting here as well. But AF stopped a few days ago so we're on the 3 times BDing a week schedule now. Hopefully it works for us and we don't get worn out before O time!

Still waiting here as well. But AF stopped a few days ago so we're on the 3 times BDing a week schedule now. Hopefully it works for us and we don't get worn out before O time!

We still haven't even started BD'ing this cycle yet! :blush: We gave up way too early last cycle, so I didn't want that to happen again. Going to start this weekend, or early next week, and do every 2-3 days. Sigh...this baby making is hard work. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->