The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

I've been doing the more relaxed approach this time. I used OPKs last cycle and all they did was stress me out besides I've heard they are unreliable with PCOS. I've been watching my other fertility signs as I distinctly remember several days of obvious EWCM before ovulation both of my last cycles so I'm waiting for that to start the heavy BDing. With these long cycles it is easy to get worn out and I don't want to do that too early. I've been temping though so I can still confirm ovulation when it finally happens.

As for the doctor, I already had half my fertility tests done to diagnose PCOS so for now I'm waiting until the 1 year mark. Already have my appointment set and then we'll run the rest of the tests and I'll go on clomid if no other issues show in the testing. Hoping we manage to get our BFP before than but you never know with these long cycles.

I guess none of us can win with this...either too long or too short things just aren't going our way. Hopefully we all still manage to catch our BFPs despite our cycle issues!

Ugh, I'm so annoyed!! :growlmad: My doctor just called with my bloodwork results and goes, "Well your progesterone levels were low so it doesn't look like you ovulated"...so I said "Yeah, I didn't think I would have, going by my cycles that was still pretty early" (Keep in mind I called her the day before saying I was pretty sure I hadn't ovulated yet, and asked if she still wanted me to do cd21) So she says "Yeah well I was basing that on a typical 28 day cycle, so with your cycles being so long it's hard to judge". Like...no shit lady. That's the problem. So she starts to hang up!! And I'm like "Sooo...everything else seems ok?" and she says "Oh yeah everything else looks perfectly normal" Ummm hello clearly something isn't normal if my cycles are this messed up. I mean I'm glad it didn't show any serious problems, but now I'm kinda just like what the hell?? :shrug: Shouldn't SOME hormone level be off, to be causing such long and possibly anovulatory cycles?? Does anyone know?? I'm so frustrated. I just want to cry. :cry:

Maybe I'll copy this and make a post in the TTC section and see if anyone knows.

Kasi - I have another appt for Sept. After my appt last month my dr wanted me to chart for 3 months then come back. October will have been a year since I went off bcp.

Hi Lisa, sorry that your bloods didn't provide much insight. So is that it? Will you go back to the docs to ascertain what the next steps are? Sorry you're feeling a bit clueless.

As for other hormones, I'm not sure on that one hun. But I would have thought your day 14 tests would have shown that your lh levels were off?

Have you always had irregular cycles? Assume theyre ruling out pcos?

Thanks Mk8. I won't go back until September, with my 3 months of charts in hand. :dohh: I didn't get day 14 tests, just day 21.

I don't think my cycles have always been long. I don't remember what they were like before going on bcp about 6 yrs ago. Though I feel like I would remember if they were 60 days!!

Hey Lisa, I have heard it can take a year for the pill to get out of your system so hopefully you will get your bfp soon. what qre you doing lifestyle wise?

Hey Lisa, I have heard it can take a year for the pill to get out of your system so hopefully you will get your bfp soon. what qre you doing lifestyle wise?

I'm not sure I know what you mean?? :blush:

Have any of you ladies done reflexology??? I'm thinking of doing it, or maybe even getting a massage. I think I need a little splurge on something relaxing soon.

Lisa, I can only speak from my specific situation but my blood test was what confirmed my LH and FSH levels are off. So, if yours were normal, it may be something else. Do you know if they checked your thyroid level by any chance? My doc ordered that test for me as well since my thyroid gland was a bit enlarged at the time of my appointment and she mentioned thyroid levels can also cause whacky cycles.

I just splurged on some pretty new bras for myself...needed something nice to take my mind off things :) I've never tried reflexology but have heard good things about it.

Yup she said thyroid was fine, she also said prolactin was fine. I guess those are 2 important things?! :shrug: But there were other things (hormones, etc) looked at as well.

Oh yay new bras! Yes we def need to do things for ourselves - all the time, but especially during the stress of TTC!

Lisa, I've done reflexology and like it. Tried it this cycle and once in cycle 4, another in cycle 7. Both times my lp seemed to lengthen a little to 12 days (previously 10 or 11 days). I also find it relaxing. Have read best to do it pre o.

Lisa, I've done reflexology and like it. Tried it this cycle and once in cycle 4, another in cycle 7. Both times my lp seemed to lengthen a little to 12 days (previously 10 or 11 days). I also find it relaxing. Have read best to do it pre o.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to ovulate soon so maybe I should wait until next cycle??

Maybe worth doing it now Lisa. It's super relaxing in my opinion. But your call of course.

By the way, when I referred to "lifestyle" I meant do you exercise, eat a balanced diet etc?

Ohh, haha. :dohh: Yeah I eat pretty healthy, not a super health freak or anything but I'd say decent. Haven't been exercising much lately, though I know I should. Could stand to loose like 10 lbs or so, but not overweight or anything. I'm very hesitant to put my life "on hold" and stop drinking alcohol and/or coffee while TTC, though I sometimes wonder if that would make a difference.

I know what you mean Lisa. I cut out drinking tea as I heard caffeine is a no no... but I have also heard green tea is great for fertile cm... but green tea has caffeine in it so I just dont gettit. Or maybe we are just trying too hard?

still nothing to report from me.... boo i know!!

the dr has tested my for pcos and to see if i was not ov.. and im not so maybe this next appt she will give me something to ov

Hope so too Gueyilla! You used to get positive OPKs didnt you? Did you temp? Just wondering if you used to O but just didnt the time the docs took bloods. Assume docs did the day 3, 14 and 21 tests?

Hi ladies!

My appointment with the RE was scheduled for Monday but they called me this morning and had a cancellation, so I got in at 9AM this morning! I am so excited. The Dr. is wonderful. He actually sat and looked at my BBT charts and asked me a ton of questions!

He was glad I didn't take the Femara and did an ultrasound. He found a rather large cyst on my ovary and said that he doesn't want me taking the Femara this month so that the cyst can hopefully go away on it's own. He was surprised when i told him I had an ultrasound last week and they didn't mention anything about it.... Go figure the obviously weren't paying attention as they sent me away and told me to keep taking it for 3 more months!

So, anyways I am going to get my blood drawn finally when I start my period next month.... Day 3, 15 and 21 but he is going to go off of when I ovulate for the day 21 bloods since my cycle is a bit crazy! So I plan on taking it easy. I will temp and OPK but know that I probably won't get pregnant this cycle so it's time to relax for a bit!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Oh Kasi so glad to hear you love your doctor and had a great appt!! So happy for you. It must almost be a relief that you can take it easy this cycle. I can't believe they didn't notice your cyst in your last ultrasound! How frustrating. At least you're in good hands now. Keep us posted!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->