The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Well I went to the fs and she gave me femara. Any input ladies?

I took femara for 3 cycles I really like it! my first two cycles were awesome but my third cycle was crazy! :) I didnt have any side effects other than some hot flashes. good luck!

Did you ov with it?

Yep... in fact it put my ovaries in overdrive I think! LOL The first month I o'd on day 15 and had a 10 day luteal phase... this was a 3 day improvement over my normal 7 day LP... the second month I o'd on day 13 and had a 9 day LP... The third month I o'd on day 9 and had a 7 day LP hence the 16 day cycle. My dr told me not to take it this month as a small cyst had formed (nothing to be concerned about) but the crazy thing is I o'd on day 5 this month!

I really liked it but think my dosage may have been a bit too strong... mind you I did o every month.. they were trying to increase my LP with it... What dosage did they put you on?

Still waiting for O here too Lisa. Am I sounding impatient yet? Haha! I was so good the first few weeks but not I'm staring to get anxious for O to get here already!

Hey ladies,

Gueyilla- Hope that Femara does the trick for you.

Kasi - I am crossing my fingers that you will not know how long your LP is this cycle because you get that BFP! Come on eggy!

Lisa/Rae- BRING ON O! Have fun BD-ing in the mean time lovely ladies.

As for me, I think I o'd. Not sure as I am not OPKing/temping this cycle. CD20 for me now. I typically O between CD14-CD17 (judging from previous OPKs and/or temp charts). I am starting to lose hope a bit ladies. Cycle 8, month 7 of TTCing for me. Hubby and I BD at the right time. I stay lying down for ages. We BD in the missionary position. I think I am ovulating. I have had an internal u/s and ovaries/uterus appears normal in size. We dont smoke, drink much and try to eat healthy. I have stepped up the amount of water I drink and we both take our TTC vits and I also take vit B (to try to up my LP (which varies between 10-12 days). I just feel like something has to be wrong but it may not be easy to identify/fix. :( Sorry for the downer ladies but just kinda fed up.

Well I went to the fs and she gave me femara. Any input ladies?

I took femara for 3 cycles I really like it! my first two cycles were awesome but my third cycle was crazy! :) I didnt have any side effects other than some hot flashes. good luck!

Did you ov with it?

Yep... in fact it put my ovaries in overdrive I think! LOL The first month I o'd on day 15 and had a 10 day luteal phase... this was a 3 day improvement over my normal 7 day LP... the second month I o'd on day 13 and had a 9 day LP... The third month I o'd on day 9 and had a 7 day LP hence the 16 day cycle. My dr told me not to take it this month as a small cyst had formed (nothing to be concerned about) but the crazy thing is I o'd on day 5 this month!

I really liked it but think my dosage may have been a bit too strong... mind you I did o every month.. they were trying to increase my LP with it... What dosage did they put you on?

oh yay!!! well my cycles have been crazy. my last cycle was only28 days compare to my regular 37- 48 days so maybe thats an improvement lol.... she told me to take 2 (2.5mg) pills a day from cd4-cd. im confused if i do it twice a day or the 2 pills once a day...:blush: i should have asked

Still waiting for O here too Lisa. Am I sounding impatient yet? Haha! I was so good the first few weeks but not I'm staring to get anxious for O to get here already!

I've been impatient since about cd20-ish!! I knew it would be late, so I wasn't surprised when I hadn't ovulated by then...but since then it's more annoying with every day that passes! I kind of feel like if I haven't ovulated yet, I'm not going to, and it's going to be another anovulatory (and long) cycle. I wish there was some way to know, cause I would be pretty ok with it if it meant I could stop temping and POAS and driving myself crazy!

Mk8 - Hopefully the more relaxed approach will work for you this cycle and you caught that eggie! I know it's hard but try to stay positive!! :hugs:

I've been impatient since about cd20-ish!! I knew it would be late, so I wasn't surprised when I hadn't ovulated by then...but since then it's more annoying with every day that passes! I kind of feel like if I haven't ovulated yet, I'm not going to, and it's going to be another anovulatory (and long) cycle. I wish there was some way to know, cause I would be pretty ok with it if it meant I could stop temping and POAS and driving myself crazy!

Well now to add to my impatience and these stupidly long cycles, I am spotting today. I have no clue what is going on. If this is AF on her way this would be the shortest cycle EVER for me. I've never had cycles in the 20s, always 30+. Not that I want it to be AF anyway since that would mean I didn't ovulate. As if we aren't all confused enough now our bodies have to start acting up!

Well now to add to my impatience and these stupidly long cycles, I am spotting today. I have no clue what is going on. If this is AF on her way this would be the shortest cycle EVER for me. I've never had cycles in the 20s, always 30+. Not that I want it to be AF anyway since that would mean I didn't ovulate. As if we aren't all confused enough now our bodies have to start acting up!

Hmm.. maybe that's a good sign! Maybe your cycles are regulating? Even if you didn't O your body is ready to start again? Fingers crossed things are turning around for you! :)

Well it looks like my cycle this month was only 29 days. I think AF has showed. It is still very light so I don't know for sure but I've been having dull cramps and my brown spotting has now turned to pink and is there every time I wipe (sorry for the TMI). While it is nice to have a more normal cycle for once, that means I didn't ovulate this cycle and I never even had a chance to get pregnant. While I hate the long cycles, I'll take them over an anovulatory short one.

What!! Oh Rae!! :dohh: So sorry. What in the world is going on?! Hopefully next cycle will be 28 days again, but with an eggie!!

I got a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" for $5 on Ebay, it's pretty interesting. It's got some cool pics of CM, helped me figure out that the random CM I get sometimes (looks like little balls of glue) is considered "sticky". It talks a lot about CM and how important it is, and basically says you could use that as your only signal as to when your fertile period is. So, I'm going to try to pay more attention to it. It also talks about checking it - I thought you had to "go in" :blush:, but you don't really need to.

Anywho, how's everyone else??

hahaha... "go in"

i seem to have much less ewcm these days. not cool.

Sorry to hear that Rae.... let's hope you have a short cycle this time and you o!

As for me... today is CD11 and I am either 5 or 6 DPO... So I should see AF on day 13 or 14 this month... it totally stinks, but at least I will finally be getting my blood work done! :)

mk8 - Do you use Preseed or Conceive plus? We use Conceive plus and like it!! :thumbup:

kasi - Wow, what a crazy short cycle! I like your PMA though!

mk8 - Do you use Preseed or Conceive plus? We use Conceive plus and like it!! :thumbup:

kasi - Wow, what a crazy short cycle! I like your PMA though!

Thanks Lisa! That's all I can have right now... :)

This will be my 3rd period in the month of July! :( The good news is a new Dr. is taking charge and the short cycles making it easy to do some of the testing required! LOL

I got preseed a few weeks ago and mentioned it to the Dr. He actually said that natural is best and to use Canola oil (I think) if we did need lubricant. This is coming from an RE!

Lisa, the importance of cm makes sense to me. Since OPKs haven't been working for me I've been going purely off of CM. I can definitely tell my fertile period because (TMI again, sorry!) when I wipe its like a slip n' slide and you can kind of see it on the tp afterward.

What is with all our crazy cycles. You'd think our bodies could just get it together for a little while. I know it is frustrating but I'm glad to have you ladies in similar situations for support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->